Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

EQ1/EQ2

• 15 posts
    March 28, 2016 7:35 AM PDT

I am just assuming that most everyone that comes here is either a Vanguard, EQ1 or EQ2 2 vet. With that said, (and i hope this has not already been talked about a million times)- Does anyone think that it would be healthy to have a thread on the most liked and dislikes of the 3 games? Kind of like a survey. I think that it would maybe help Patheon give the players as a whole what they like. For instance, I believe that too many instances, mercs, fast leveling potions and guild halls dampered the gaming experience for me in EQ2. Also, why do most of these games promote increasing the level cap vs actually making more awesome content to go along with the current lore/lvl. cap? 

• 148 posts
    March 28, 2016 7:41 AM PDT

Out of the 3 I'd say EQ2 was prolly my least favorite, though I spent more time in it than Vanguard oddly. Anyway I've always wondered why we don't see more expansions that target low lvl / current max lvl stuff. Sure you will want some that increase the cap to give players something more to work towards, but hey add more stuff along the way as well.

• 70 posts
    March 28, 2016 7:52 AM PDT

I played EQ2 and Vanguard the most.  I loved loved loved Vanguard!  The crafting system in it was the best ever.  The way you built housing/boats was epic!  Fishing was awesome!  The huge world was bigger than any game I'd ever played.  I loved the crafting quests and the work orders!  I love the way you had awesome crafting attire!

On a side note, I just recently started playing EQ, which I had never played before (I was an Ultima Online fan for too long to catch it back in the day)...And I must say, EQ is awesome as well.

I'm really excited to see the creators of my favorite game of all time (Vanguard) creating this game...hence why I'm here.