Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Pantheon Crafters - New Fan Site

• 1468 posts
    March 20, 2016 2:56 AM PDT

I've been wanting to start a crafting fan site for some time because it is one of the areas of an MMO I think really adds to player interaction and the in-game economy. So I've started a new forum called PantheonCrafters.com.

You can access it here:

https://www.pantheoncrafters.com/

It is a brand new forum so I'd love to see some people come over and start discussing crafting with me. Please note that as Visionary Realms haven't released any information on what trade skills / crafting classes will be in the game yet I made an educated guess and assumed it would be similar to the EQ system. So the forum layout may change when Visionary Realms release some more information on what the actual crafting skills will be in the game.

I'm still working on the site so a few things might change but the general layout is pretty much done. Don't worry about the ugly placeholder text in the forum footer that will be gone shortly. If you have any feedback on the forum please feel free to post here or on the PantheonCrafters forum and I'll do my best to fix it and / or discuss it with you.

Everyone is welcome :).

• 9115 posts
    March 20, 2016 7:15 AM PDT

It looks awesome Crom, nice work! :)

Once we get some more info on Crafting I will share it with you all as soon as humanly possible.

• 74 posts
    March 20, 2016 7:16 AM PDT

Well done Cromulent, it'll be a great resource for the crafting community. Itching to hear some information released about Pantheon crafting.

• 176 posts
    March 20, 2016 7:26 AM PDT

Very cool! I signed up. Crafting is something people always need help with.

• 124 posts
    March 20, 2016 8:38 AM PDT

Am onboard with this, thanks Crom! Hope to help you in it's success anyway I can :)

This post was edited by Nuemcy at March 20, 2016 8:38 AM PDT
    • 27 posts
    March 20, 2016 9:33 AM PDT

This new site should embiggen the crafter within us all!! 

• 124 posts
    March 20, 2016 9:39 AM PDT

Yes! Yes!!!

Yes, Yesss!!! huhahaha

• 174 posts
    March 20, 2016 9:51 AM PDT

Signed up.  Thanks for creating this site.  Looking forward to some information on crafting in Pantheon so we can start an earnest discussion.

• 271 posts
    March 20, 2016 1:05 PM PDT

Signed up! Very good initiative from you @Grom, well done :)

(if i may suggest, you currently don't allow for registering without a full DoB added. Personal data and all.. you might consider changing that to optional; if ending up with forum members below 18 worries you, you can simply add an "i am at or above eighteen years of age" in the terms we need accept prior to registering)

• 15 posts
    March 20, 2016 1:45 PM PDT

Wow Nice!!

Joined..

This post was edited by EQvet1980 at March 20, 2016 2:02 PM PDT
    • 1468 posts
    March 20, 2016 7:12 PM PDT

Jamie said:

Very cool! I signed up. Crafting is something people always need help with.

I noticed that for some strange reason the forum software blocked your sign up request. I've now manually approved it. Sorry about that.

This is the first time I've used Xenforo so I'm still learning my way around the admin panel. If anyone else has any problems then please either post here or private message me and I'll get it sorted ASAP.

Edit: I've disabled the configuration that caused this problem it was aggressively checking users for spam against a spam database of some sort. Since I've disabled it there is a small chance that spam might increase but I've also changed a couple of other settings to make sure that spam is stopped before they can even register which should solve the problem.

This post was edited by Cromulent at March 20, 2016 7:21 PM PDT
    • 1468 posts
    March 24, 2016 11:56 PM PDT

I had a DNS issue which brought down all my websites. Everything should be back up and running properly now.