Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Using Pantheon footage?

• 67 posts
    March 15, 2016 3:12 PM PDT

Hello, this is a question for the VR folks.

I've been wanting to start streaming and/or doing YT videos for a while now, but have been struggling with ideas of what to talk about/cover.

After watching the stream the other night, doing more reading up on the game, and finding myself *really* excited about Pantheon, I think I've found my subject. Not *only* Pantheon itself, though that is a big part of it. I'd like to discuss MMO gaming, specifically "classic" MMO gaming in particular, among other things.

Before I do so, I'd like to know if it's okay to use footage from Pantheon itself? There is so much that can be discussed just from watching the live stream y'all did on the 11th, and it would be a huge benefit to have actual gameplay footage, showing a perfect example of exactly how a typical xp group would look, etc.  I'd also like to talk about the game more as time goes on, more info/footage is released.

Now, mind you, I'm just starting out and would be a nobody for now, so it's not going to be helping you in getting any kind of exposure - at least not for a while. Still, it's something I'm really interested in doing.

Would that be okay? Should I contact someone in particular to get formal approval, etc?

Thanks!

• 9115 posts
    March 15, 2016 3:55 PM PDT

Hello Wolfsong, you can definitely use any screenshots and footage from our website or social media channels (FB, YouTube, Twitch, Twitter etc.), I also have a Media pack I can send you if you PM me your email, we appreciate the coverage no matter how big or small your videos/streams are! :)

I have moved this to Off-Topic since it relates to 3rd party sites and videos/streaming, I am looking to create a special section for this on our new forums but for the time being I would ask that everyone post their Pantheon related videos/streams in Off-Topic please and they have to be direct links to the videos/stream, not to your actual channels until we figure out what we are going to do about self-promotion. :)

Just as an FYI for anyone else thinking of doing this, I am the chief liaison for all Fan sites, pages, videos, streams etc. so please PM me if you have any questions :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at March 15, 2016 3:56 PM PDT
    • 1468 posts
    March 15, 2016 4:07 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Hello Wolfsong, you can definitely use any screenshots and footage from our website or social media channels (FB, YouTube, Twitch, Twitter etc.), I also have a Media pack I can send you if you PM me your email, we appreciate the coverage no matter how big or small your videos/streams are! :)

I have moved this to Off-Topic since it relates to 3rd party sites and videos/streaming, I am looking to create a special section for this on our new forums but for the time being I would ask that everyone post their Pantheon related videos/streams in Off-Topic please and they have to be direct links to the videos/stream, not to your actual channels until we figure out what we are going to do about self-promotion. :)

Just as an FYI for anyone else thinking of doing this, I am the chief liaison for all Fan sites, pages, videos, streams etc. so please PM me if you have any questions :)

Hi Kilsin. That would be cool to have a fan site area on the new forum. I'm planning on trying to get a fan site set up in the next few weeks and would like to somewhere to promote it without having to spam the forums. Could I perhaps make a suggestion? How about a section of the website (outside of the forum) where you link to all the fan site / community projects that are out there and then have a sticky post in the forum pointing to that page so that everyone gets equal advertising. Would that be something that was possible? Then people could just PM a link to you and then it could get added.

I know it would require a bit of extra work so I totally understand if you don't want to do it but I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

• 67 posts
    March 15, 2016 4:08 PM PDT

Excellent, thank you! I'll get ya that PM.

Also, sorry for posting in the wrong place. I hadn't even noticed the off-topic section. Eep.

• 9115 posts
    March 15, 2016 4:42 PM PDT

Cromulent said:

Kilsin said:

Hi Kilsin. That would be cool to have a fan site area on the new forum. I'm planning on trying to get a fan site set up in the next few weeks and would like to somewhere to promote it without having to spam the forums. Could I perhaps make a suggestion? How about a section of the website (outside of the forum) where you link to all the fan site / community projects that are out there and then have a sticky post in the forum pointing to that page so that everyone gets equal advertising. Would that be something that was possible? Then people could just PM a link to you and then it could get added.

I know it would require a bit of extra work so I totally understand if you don't want to do it but I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

That's a nice idea, Crom, I am not sure we are posting anything other than official content/links on our website but I can definitely find a place in a popular view/high traffic area to sticky/link everyone and then provide a subforum for different topics/sites to discuss and link/promote etc.

I will talk it over with the team and see what I can come up with but when we get closer to making the move to the new forums, I will reach out to a few of you and see what the best subforum setup would be for you all :)

• 9115 posts
    March 15, 2016 4:42 PM PDT

Wolfsong said:

Excellent, thank you! I'll get ya that PM.

Also, sorry for posting in the wrong place. I hadn't even noticed the off-topic section. Eep.

You're very welcome :)

• 1095 posts
    March 15, 2016 5:07 PM PDT

He forgot to add, if we can use that content for a video we monetize.

• 128 posts
    March 16, 2016 12:16 AM PDT

I am in the same boat.

Will start doing videos sooner or later,... sooner if Pantheon is letting me in sooner ;-)

Glad to hear about your stance on this and i highly agree: Hiding your game is a bad move and every exposure is good. Will drop you a PM for those media stuffs once i really get going (need some hardware first). 

Also: VERY happy to hear about a new Forum coming. This one is a nightmare. Notifications are near useless, links point to the start of a topic and not to the last unread posting and as far as i can tell there is no page that is listing all the stuff that is new since i was last online. Having to check every single subforum for something new really blows. Get that new Forum up ASAP pretty please :-)

• 9115 posts
    March 16, 2016 2:03 AM PDT

Aich said:

As I have explained previously Aich, you can absolutely use any Pantheon material on our website, social media sites, footage etc. for your YouTube channel, you just cannot promote your channel on our sites directly, you can link to specific Pantheon videos in the Off-Topic subforum but until we come up with a social media content guideline, we cannot allow self-promotion on our site (yet) I have a few idea's for the new site and will look at adding a special subforum just fro videos/twitch streams etc.

Knock yourself out with monetized Pantheon videos though man, same goes for everyone else, I hope you and everyone else get tons of views, make millions of dollars and spread the word about Pantheon as we appreciate the support and coverage ;)

• 9115 posts
    March 16, 2016 2:03 AM PDT

Rattenmann said:

I am in the same boat.

Will start doing videos sooner or later,... sooner if Pantheon is letting me in sooner ;-)

Glad to hear about your stance on this and i highly agree: Hiding your game is a bad move and every exposure is good. Will drop you a PM for those media stuffs once i really get going (need some hardware first). 

Also: VERY happy to hear about a new Forum coming. This one is a nightmare. Notifications are near useless, links point to the start of a topic and not to the last unread posting and as far as i can tell there is no page that is listing all the stuff that is new since i was last online. Having to check every single subforum for something new really blows. Get that new Forum up ASAP pretty please :-)

Sounds good man, hit me up when you're ready :)

• 1095 posts
    March 16, 2016 6:20 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Aich said:

As I have explained previously Aich, you can absolutely use any Pantheon material on our website, social media sites, footage etc. for your YouTube channel, you just cannot promote your channel on our sites directly, you can link to specific Pantheon videos in the Off-Topic subforum but until we come up with a social media content guideline, we cannot allow self-promotion on our site (yet) I have a few idea's for the new site and will look at adding a special subforum just fro videos/twitch streams etc.

Knock yourself out with monetized Pantheon videos though man, same goes for everyone else, I hope you and everyone else get tons of views, make millions of dollars and spread the word about Pantheon as we appreciate the support and coverage ;)

Oh yeah I know, I was mainly making a joke lol. The monetize can be a sticky subject and this thread was a nice collection of the fan content standpoint and wanted that point on here. By he I meant the OP.

Make millions of dollars lol. Can't we all wish.

This post was edited by Aich at March 16, 2016 6:22 AM PDT
    • 511 posts
    March 16, 2016 8:23 AM PDT

This is what happens when you get the flu and are laid up for 3 1/2 days. You miss post like this!