Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

The Division

• 378 posts
    March 2, 2016 5:42 PM PST

I kept a lazy eye on this game for some time, jumped into the open beta the other week and really enjoyed it. went and pre-orderd right after the Beta was over.

If anyone is going to be playing add your Uplay names here and we can group up or kill each other, what ever takes your fancy.

Uplay - Cahiry 

• 9115 posts
    March 4, 2016 1:10 AM PST

I am downloading it now mate, hit me up!

Uplay - XxKilsinxX (can't believe someone stole my name!)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at April 12, 2016 4:55 AM PDT
    • 511 posts
    March 4, 2016 6:46 AM PST

Can add me -

Dreconic on steam

Drekonic on uplay (like Kilsin I can not believe some one stole my name)

• 378 posts
    March 6, 2016 1:28 PM PST

Added you both to uplay

• 578 posts
    March 6, 2016 9:07 PM PST

I'm assuming you guys are playing on the PC?

• 9115 posts
    March 7, 2016 12:57 AM PST

NoobieDoo said:

Yes :)

• 378 posts
    March 7, 2016 11:38 AM PST

NoobieDoo said:

There's another way to play games ?

This post was edited by Zandil at March 7, 2016 11:46 AM PST
    • 96 posts
    March 9, 2016 4:42 PM PST

The dreaded question, is this game even worth buying? Probably subjective though...

Reason I ask is I was horribly disapointed with Siege. I hoped it was bringing the classic R6 experience back and instead went with "class" type mechanics which killed it for me.

Over the past few years I'm very skittish of buying into a game or hype because I've been majorly let down almost instantly and regret set in.

I've tried to read reviews and whatnot, but coming from you all here is it worth a shot?

• 366 posts
    March 9, 2016 7:18 PM PST

I like it!

• 9115 posts
    March 9, 2016 9:01 PM PST

Warlored said:

The dreaded question, is this game even worth buying? Probably subjective though...

Reason I ask is I was horribly disapointed with Siege. I hoped it was bringing the classic R6 experience back and instead went with "class" type mechanics which killed it for me.

Over the past few years I'm very skittish of buying into a game or hype because I've been majorly let down almost instantly and regret set in.

I've tried to read reviews and whatnot, but coming from you all here is it worth a shot?

Only you can answer that man, I personally like it and am having fun, I had the money spare and will easily get what I consider my money's worth out of playing it but everyone is different, so far I have only run around solo except for one group at the start and it's been fun and challenging in places, lot's of running, shooting etc. as you would expect, fairly good storyline, it really depends what you want out of it I guess :)

• 96 posts
    March 9, 2016 9:04 PM PST

Thanks Kils. I'll probably break and throw money at it. I used to LOVE Dayz so maybe I'll get a bit of fun out of it.

• 9115 posts
    March 10, 2016 1:02 AM PST

Warlored said:

Thanks Kils. I'll probably break and throw money at it. I used to LOVE Dayz so maybe I'll get a bit of fun out of it.

It is kind of like DayZ mixed with Battlefield and an MMORPG it's pretty cool but like everything, isn't perfect ;)

• 96 posts
    March 12, 2016 9:25 PM PST

Got started at it last night. 12 hours played so far and it's safe to say that I'm addicted. There are a few things I dislike, such as the repetitive mission play. However, the DayZ "loot style" gameplay keeps me going. I love loot drop games period, I think....

"Hooked"

-War

• 1468 posts
    March 12, 2016 10:04 PM PST

The only thing that puts me off this game is that it is a uPlay game and I have had nothing but problems with that game launcher. I've decided to stick with just Steam and GOG Galaxy and maybe Origin if I really have to. I try and support GOG as much as I can though because they are a business I really understand and support so from now on if a game is on both GOG and Steam I'll get it on GOG.

• 378 posts
    March 15, 2016 12:25 AM PDT

Cromulent said:

The only thing that puts me off this game is that it is a uPlay game and I have had nothing but problems with that game launcher. I've decided to stick with just Steam and GOG Galaxy and maybe Origin if I really have to. I try and support GOG as much as I can though because they are a business I really understand and support so from now on if a game is on both GOG and Steam I'll get it on GOG.

I brought it through Steam, only thing Uplay has to do with it is manage friend list, which can also be done through steam as well.