Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Project 1999 worth checking out?

• 208 posts
    February 23, 2016 7:13 PM PST

Believe it or not, I have never played Everquest. I know right? BlasphemY! I was an Anarchy Online fanboy. 

But I figured I should actually give it a shot and was thinking about checking out Project 1999. Does it have a good community and is it worth checking out?

• 2130 posts
    February 23, 2016 7:16 PM PST

It's fun up until 45+. The raid scene is total cancer but the leveling up bit can be a fun ride.

I'd recommend Phinigel (official progression server) over p99 honestly.

• 208 posts
    February 23, 2016 7:33 PM PST

Liav said:

It's fun up until 45+. The raid scene is total cancer but the leveling up bit can be a fun ride.

I'd recommend Phinigel (official progression server) over p99 honestly.

Cancer in what way Out of curiosity? People being ass holes? 

• 109 posts
    February 24, 2016 3:50 AM PST

I have several characters on p99, the community is "meh" and RMT is rampant. I stopped playing there about a year ago, recently started on Phinigel on EQLive. Between the two I would choose Phinigel everyday of the week. You'll find many more to group with at low level that are actually "playing" the game instead of PL'ing an alt or farming ****. Havent played on Live since 2005 but enjoying the hell out of it.

• 7 posts
    February 24, 2016 4:20 AM PST

Is the Phinny server FTP also or is that sub only? Now you've gone and got me curious.

• 1468 posts
    February 24, 2016 5:25 AM PST

Hendrale419 said:

Is the Phinny server FTP also or is that sub only? Now you've gone and got me curious.

Sub only.

• 208 posts
    February 24, 2016 5:56 AM PST

Garmr said:

I have several characters on p99, the community is "meh" and RMT is rampant. I stopped playing there about a year ago, recently started on Phinigel on EQLive. Between the two I would choose Phinigel everyday of the week. You'll find many more to group with at low level that are actually "playing" the game instead of PL'ing an alt or farming ****. Havent played on Live since 2005 but enjoying the hell out of it.

Great, thanks. Guess I'll give Phinigel a shot then. 

• 106 posts
    February 26, 2016 10:37 AM PST
    Phinigel has been treating me pretty good too. Hard to level up a warrior during peak hours but when I find a group is usually filled with good people.

Bleeds 29 ogre war