Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Releasing Character Creator Early

• 3016 posts
    February 9, 2017 12:17 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Not sure why this thread got necro'd. An almost identical conversation was recently had here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5243/page-from-eq2-playbook

Check it out to see what other people think.

Kilsin prefers necroed threads over multiple threads discussing the same thing.  He's stated that a few times.   Granted there is already a thread like this as you say.

• 441 posts
    February 9, 2017 12:24 PM PST

If you could save and import your char, I would love that. To just play with the creator, I think thats not worth VR's time.

• 38 posts
    February 9, 2017 1:30 PM PST

Nanfoodle said:

If you could save and import your char, I would love that. To just play with the creator, I think thats not worth VR's time.

If a full blown stand alone character creator is too much work (which it could be for a small team), the ability to save our beta character's appearance and load it into the Live client's char creator would be awesome, and a nice perk for beta and alpha testers.  A toon's appearance is only a string of ones and zeros after all, so it's just a matter of programming a save and load feature.

-- says the guy who works for an electric company and doesn't know the first thing about making a game!

• 563 posts
    February 9, 2017 1:34 PM PST

Ozmani said:

If a full blown stand alone character creator is too much work (which it could be for a small team), the ability to save our beta character's appearance and load it into the Live client's char creator would be awesome, and a nice perk for beta and alpha testers.  A toon's appearance is only a string of ones and zeros after all, so it's just a matter of programming a save and load feature.

-- says the guy who works for an electric company and doesn't know the first thing about making a game!

I think this is a great idea if it's possible (assuming they don't change any character creation options between beta and live :P)

• 839 posts
    February 9, 2017 1:49 PM PST

Fingers crossed for something like this!  Would definitely draw a lot of attention i think

• 9115 posts
    February 9, 2017 3:57 PM PST

Bazgrim said:

Not sure why this thread got necro'd. An almost identical conversation was recently had here: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/5243/page-from-eq2-playbook

I actually encourage necroing on the Development forums, it helps me out a lot by consolidating feedback, suggestions and ideas and makes it easier for me to collect and pass on large amounts of information.

The thread you linked is actually the duplicate that will be closed and people will be redirected back here. :)

• 690 posts
    February 10, 2017 2:02 AM PST

This would be real cool to say the least, especially if VR put real, bethesda modding community quality, effort into character creation. I'd like some time to build my halfling=)

• 2886 posts
    February 10, 2017 6:36 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Bazgrim said:

I actually encourage necroing on the Development forums, it helps me out a lot by consolidating feedback, suggestions and ideas and makes it easier for me to collect and pass on large amounts of information.

The thread you linked is actually the duplicate that will be closed and people will be redirected back here. :)

Oh gotcha haha. Makes more sense now that I think about it. I was just confused as to why it would get necro'd before the other recent thread was closed. No biggie. Moving on lol

• 41 posts
    February 10, 2017 6:51 AM PST

I built the second thread without searching the forums :(  I will go sit in forum time-out now :(

• 159 posts
    February 10, 2017 7:11 AM PST

From what I've gathered from another topic, actual "this is how it'll look for launch" models won't even be live during testing stages (probably changing at beta to attract more customers for open beta stage IMO).  I figure we'll all be in for a pleasent surprise when beta opens and we get to play with sliders; based off Kilsin comments in the other topic (female armor?) I don't think we will see any semblance of "finished" graphics prior to being able to make our beta stage characters in game, so I doubt we will get a sample creator program (even tho they really work to sell box copies and let ppl know how their PC will handle the game

• 200 posts
    February 10, 2017 7:59 AM PST
    Has there been any information on how much character customization will be offered? I may very well have missed it, I tried searching but had no luck with the results thus far.
    • 2886 posts
    February 10, 2017 8:04 AM PST

Nanoushka said: Has there been any information on how much character customization will be offered? I may very well have missed it, I tried searching but had no luck with the results thus far.

In the last stream, they said it will pretty much be "what you'd expect" from most MMO's these days. It perhaps will not be the most in-depth and elaborate customization out there, but it also definitely won't be lacking by the majority of people's standards. We know that there will be sliders to adjust weight, height, etc. to make your character unique while still keeping proportions reasonable. And of course, lotsa different options for hair style, hair color, skin tone, etc.

• 200 posts
    February 10, 2017 8:17 AM PST
    Thank you Bazgrim :). In that case it would be really fun to be able to create your character(s) before the actual release. I assume if it'd be not too long before the game goes live, the feature would be finished? In BDO it did create a lot of interest even before people could play, it seemed to me like quite a smart thing to do.
    • 9115 posts
    February 10, 2017 3:34 PM PST

kaifus said:

I built the second thread without searching the forums :(  I will go sit in forum time-out now :(

Haha, it's all good my friend, but I do appreciate it when the search function is used as there are so many threads on a lot of these topics already active, plus it is a great way to find information fast, unless I search for something and see 10 threads, then it chews up all my time trying to read through them all for ideas ;)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 10, 2017 3:34 PM PST