Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Smeds new game

• 378 posts
    January 24, 2016 5:54 PM PST

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/herossong/heros-song

2D RPG called Hero's Song

I have been watching Smed for awhile waiting to see what he came out with and while I wish him and the team all the best with the new company and game, it seems like a big step backwards in terms of gaming development for him.

Kickstarter not off to a good start either, guess we can all sympathise with that. 

This post was edited by Zandil at January 24, 2016 7:57 PM PST
    • 149 posts
    January 24, 2016 9:54 PM PST

I backed it because I thought it was pretty cool but yeah it isnt off to the best start. I personally think it has alot to do with Smed's reputation over at DayBreak. I know a ton of people wanted information on EQNext but all Smed ever did was talk about H1Z1 and how it was the "spiritual successor" to Star Wars Galaxies etc etc etc.

I know just from skimming Reddit, Smed isn't highly thought of anymore and sadly I think that might play a pretty large role in the success of this Kickstarter.

• 10 posts
    January 25, 2016 6:42 AM PST

Well the game looks like a great idea, so lets see it pad out it is early days . Just the sort of Game I am looking for and the running your own server may not be a bad idea for Pantheon , where groups or people want their own world and dont have to deal with all the Douche bags that turn up in MMO's.

Some great ideas thaat Panthenon could easily adapt ... Especially anything that focuses on the world and Gameplay ...

• 160 posts
    January 25, 2016 12:13 PM PST

If only there was time enough in the day for more than one gaming addiction...

• 10 posts
    January 26, 2016 2:42 AM PST

NuggieOndahead said:

If only there was time enough in the day for more than one gaming addiction...

So So true , but you have to make time for what matters (Real Life , Damn where did that come from....)

MY new idea is have 48 Hour days , with a 8 hour working slot that may be the solution.

• 378 posts
    January 26, 2016 1:12 PM PST

They pulled the Kickstarter due to lack of funding.

• 149 posts
    January 26, 2016 1:21 PM PST

Zandil said:

They pulled the Kickstarter due to lack of funding.

Yeah, after a week they saw at the current rate of growth that they wouldn't hit their goal. I am wondering why they didnt just let it end. You never know what might happen but perhaps they didn't want the stigma of a "failed" Kickstarter even though a cancelled one is still failed in my eyes.

• 511 posts
    January 27, 2016 6:12 PM PST

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-heros-song-kickstarter-plug-has-been-pulled

I
    also agree, sometimes people see that a kickstarter for a game they are a bit interested in is not going to meet goal and end up dumping 2 million in overnight

• 378 posts
    January 27, 2016 7:45 PM PST

With it 100% invester backed I would not be surprised to see it go mobile now.