Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Game release Goals?

• 132 posts
    January 16, 2016 12:09 PM PST

I love how Kilis is involved here and on Facebook, actively asking potential players questions about likes and dislikes on various topics. It's awesome, and keeps me pumped for Pantheon.

When EQ1 launched, it had a simple yet Full world to explore. It had NPCs, Cities, TONS of Mobs (everywhere), quests and not much else. (I'm over simplifying here)

The Tons of Mobs made the world feel lived in, dangerous, and fun. Crossing NRO you have NPC camps/merchants,  Undead of every kind, Dervish Cutthroats, Beatles, Pumas, Giants, Orcs and more. 

This made the entire zone amazing. From one hill to the next, mobs were EVERYWHERE. It just felt ALIVE. 

When Vanguard released, it was a Massive world that had some beautiful areas, but, it was empty as the day is long. I once ran for 35 minutes in one direction and never saw anything but dirt. No landmarks, no trees, not a single mob Anywhere. Literally Nothing. 

I was know that dreaming big and having a Ton of ideas for a new mmo makes you (pantheon) want to put All the good stuff, and you want to do more and more simply because its awesome.

I just want to suggest I would rather have a slightly smaller world that is 100% done, and full of LIFE like EQ1.

I want mobs to be roaming the world everywhere I look. Not all of them KOS, not all of them passive. Just like EQ1. 

Bsically what I am saying is this: 

I would rather see a world the size of EQ1, Done, vs a world twice the size that feels empty and barren.

Running through landscapes isn't interesting unless there is something interesting in that landscape. The landscape has to have Life in it, to feel alive. 

Core game +  full content (quests, mobs, NPCs) vs. a bunch of puzzles, traps, diplomacy, and gimmicky stuff. 

I can't wait for this game, So ready for a new, great mmo. I know the team at Pantheon have likely set Very high goals in this game. Just be real about what Can wait, and what is needed day one, an engaging, Full world. 

I wish I had won the powerball, This game wouldn't have needed any more money to be a success.

Me and Brad would be having a beer or a cup of coffee right now talking about how many people we need to hire. ;p

• 1095 posts
    January 17, 2016 6:00 AM PST

LOL nice, yeah Id invest in the game as well.

Yeah I like your point but I do want the zones be large enoufh people can spread out and it feell like a actual journey when you trying to go somewhere.

• 132 posts
    January 17, 2016 8:32 AM PST

Aich said:

LOL nice, yeah Id invest in the game as well.

Yeah I like your point but I do want the zones be large enoufh people can spread out and it feell like a actual journey when you trying to go somewhere.

I would love a big world. I just don't want it empty like Vanguard was. I wish I had played Vanguard later, aftter  a year or two of patches to see what it was like. 

I did log in once like 7-8 months after release. it seemed like a big empty landscape to me. I remember seeing a house or hut or some structure WAY off in the distance and I start towards it.

The Only thing I encountered on the 5 min run was grass. .... empty. empty = boring.