Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Group and Raid Bosses

• 2419 posts
    December 1, 2015 12:31 PM PST

OMG...I forgot to list one:  Vex Thal.

I think I was the only person who ever truly loved that zone.  It was SO much fun.  Yes, the mobs had insane HP and the boss fights were long-ish but if you had a raid of people who worked well together raiding that zone was a nonstop kill-fest.  Entire rooms pulled at once, offtanks took up their targets and everyone had specific jobs to perform.  Before the last NPC was dead the next room was incoming.  Our only breaks were right before a boss room.  Loads of fun in there.

• 15 posts
    December 19, 2015 6:27 AM PST

RIFT Greenscales Blight - Lead one of the EU top raiding guilds during the time these boss' were killed, absolutely phenomenal effort by the guild. (Reborn Gaming for any RIFT players)

WoW The Lich King - Grown up with Warcraft so the lore behind that kill made it emotional as hell. So challenging yet so rewarding when it was all over. By far the best expansion and best MMO I have ever played, Wrath of The Lich King. 

WoW Sindragosa - Struggled with the fight for a few nights until the guild finally got it down, she was down to 1% with only 1 healer and 1 tank alive and she was 2 seconds from transitioning (wipe the remaining two) but we got her. 

• 122 posts
    December 19, 2015 9:19 AM PST

Venjenz said:

Innoruuk - EQ1, Plane of Hate. If you ported into Hate in vanilla or Kunark era EQ1, you know why I picked this, and if you didn't, I can't explain it.

The raid that dropped the final piece of your Epic 1.0 - EQ1, Ruins of Kunark expac. If you got an epic 1.0 during Kunark (maybe Velious), you know why I picked this, and if you didn't, I can't explain it.

As a ranger, my final epic drop came from Innoruuk, so I know what you mean twice over!

I can't possibly pick even close to one. My favorite raid zones as a whole were Kedge Keep and Plane of Sky. They were both just so far out there as far as raid zones go. Oops, you fell off the plane of sky, that sucks cause the trash is respawning on the island before! Also, sky raids took DAYS! You had to log the whole guild out at some point, and then have them log back in at the same time the next day. Kedge was the intro to underwater raiding. Hard core!

By era from there:

Walking into Veeshans Peak the first time was a real sense of pride.

Killing the Avatar of War the first time was the most relief and joy I think I've ever had in gaming!

No one liked Luclin key grinding, and Vex Thall was a real drag, but seeing Aten Ha Ra die was such a "yeah suck on that with your long grind" that it was worth it. I really did like Ssra a lot though.

The entire Planes of Power expansion was good raiding. I agree with Der that Rathe Council was a bomb encounter. I also remember the sheer shock of seeing Quarm the first time.

As for single group stuff, trying to group on the icy walkways of Velks, trying to go past the zone line at Karnors, being locked out of Seb because your key was on your corpse, and grouping in general in the Plane of Innovation were all great fun for me!

This post was edited by Arksien at December 19, 2015 9:21 AM PST
    • 781 posts
    December 19, 2015 9:47 AM PST

Arksien said:

Venjenz said:

Innoruuk - EQ1, Plane of Hate. If you ported into Hate in vanilla or Kunark era EQ1, you know why I picked this, and if you didn't, I can't explain it.

The raid that dropped the final piece of your Epic 1.0 - EQ1, Ruins of Kunark expac. If you got an epic 1.0 during Kunark (maybe Velious), you know why I picked this, and if you didn't, I can't explain it.

As a ranger, my final epic drop came from Innoruuk, so I know what you mean twice over!

I can't possibly pick even close to one. My favorite raid zones as a whole were Kedge Keep and Plane of Sky. They were both just so far out there as far as raid zones go. Oops, you fell off the plane of sky, that sucks cause the trash is respawning on the island before! Also, sky raids took DAYS! You had to log the whole guild out at some point, and then have them log back in at the same time the next day. Kedge was the intro to underwater raiding. Hard core!

By era from there:

Walking into Veeshans Peak the first time was a real sense of pride.

Killing the Avatar of War the first time was the most relief and joy I think I've ever had in gaming!

No one liked Luclin key grinding, and Vex Thall was a real drag, but seeing Aten Ha Ra die was such a "yeah suck on that with your long grind" that it was worth it. I really did like Ssra a lot though.

The entire Planes of Power expansion was good raiding. I agree with Der that Rathe Council was a bomb encounter. I also remember the sheer shock of seeing Quarm the first time.

As for single group stuff, trying to group on the icy walkways of Velks, trying to go past the zone line at Karnors, being locked out of Seb because your key was on your corpse, and grouping in general in the Plane of Innovation were all great fun for me!

LOL, some good ones Arksien :)  good times !