Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

EQ - Lost Dungeons of Norrath Expansion Idea

• 668 posts
    November 17, 2015 10:42 AM PST

So I have always wondered this as I was playing EQ and even still to this day.  LDoN was a whole expansion dedicated to points and progression within new, specific set dungeons throughout the EQ lands.  As you progressed, you could earn spending points on various items based on faction camps.  The more you do, the more faction you get.  I remember it took a LOT of participation to complete the ending augment was it?  It was a pullers haven and at times very trying if not with a good group.

Nevertheless, I have always thought, that if a player took that much time and invested in that entire expansion, they should be awarded a trinket that remains the best trinket in the game.  As later expansions came on, this LDoN trinket would augment / improve so that there is no other trinket better in the game.  This would have completely justified the LDoN expansion for the remainder of EQ history.  I am not sure why this was never the plan?  Seriously, as soon as other expansions hit, LDoN was a ghost town, and for GOOD reason.

Pyye

This post was edited by Pyye at November 17, 2015 10:44 AM PST
    • 86 posts
    November 17, 2015 1:51 PM PST

Pyye said:

So I have always wondered this as I was playing EQ and even still to this day.  LDoN was a whole expansion dedicated to points and progression within new, specific set dungeons throughout the EQ lands.  As you progressed, you could earn spending points on various items based on faction camps.  The more you do, the more faction you get.  I remember it took a LOT of participation to complete the ending augment was it?  It was a pullers haven and at times very trying if not with a good group.

Nevertheless, I have always thought, that if a player took that much time and invested in that entire expansion, they should be awarded a trinket that remains the best trinket in the game.  As later expansions came on, this LDoN trinket would augment / improve so that there is no other trinket better in the game.  This would have completely justified the LDoN expansion for the remainder of EQ history.  I am not sure why this was never the plan?  Seriously, as soon as other expansions hit, LDoN was a ghost town, and for GOOD reason.

Pyye

This is similar to how Relic Weapons worked in FFXI and FFXIV - you start off with an alright weapon (not necessarily the best weapon)...then it got better with a quest....and better again by completing a series of events unrelated to a quest....then better still by just doing activities like killing creatures and absorbing their essences, so on and so forth until it was the best end-game weapon at the final part of the expansion, and then gives you a leg-up on the next relic weapon (We're still waiting to see how that part goes in FFXIV). It is a neat idea though Pyye.