Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Residual superpowers from playing EQ

• 39 posts
    November 3, 2015 8:02 AM PST

I was just reflecting upon how being an Enchanter in EQ for so long enhanced my life.  I have an uncanny perception of time.  I can unconciously and effotlessly perceive the last second of any timer.  I start walking to the microwave and open it just as it beeps for instance... no matter what the timer is set for.  Unfortunately, I cannot mez anything in real life so my superpower is restricted to heating up pizza.

• 511 posts
    November 3, 2015 8:33 AM PST

Does an uncanny sense of direction count? I almost never get lost, and like you have a very attuned sense of time. Being a monk puller helped I would say!

• 39 posts
    November 3, 2015 2:46 PM PST

Definately counts!  I happened to be the GM (Calad the Foreseer) on duty during the first successful raid on a dragon in EQ.  I believe it was the Mithanial Marr server.  I remember invising and watching the group work their way in and for the first time seeing a truly masterful monk puller at work.  The complexity and limited margin for error were staggering.  The server crashed.. or the corpse poofed.. something like that, just as the dragon died.  I can't remember if I ressed the mob or just beat the respawn down and summoned everyone in for another try.. but I do remember I got in a LOT of trouble for doing it.  There was a huge gathering of people to emplore the powers that be to not punish me for the deed.  What a community that was!

tl;dr Monk superpower transfer affect on mortal confirmed.

• 578 posts
    November 4, 2015 11:13 AM PST

My EQ bard adventures have equipped me with the power to 'twist' (or might you say multi-task) my daily tasks. I can hail a taxi while ordering a pizza on my phone and zip up my coat all while running REALLY fast!

• 409 posts
    November 10, 2015 7:31 AM PST

+1 for enchanter timers. The passage of 6 second increments and 18 minute intervals is hardwired into my brain. My last go 'round with EQ1 this past year, I still had my internal enchanter clocks for mezz, charm and respawns.