Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

EQ No Bot TLP server

• 12 posts
    October 6, 2015 4:54 PM PDT

If we can get at least 40 raiders i would join, but i doubt it sadly :(

• 432 posts
    October 12, 2015 8:21 AM PDT

This is basically copying the philosophy of Project 1999 : 1 person = 1 account .

That means that as boxing is impossible, botting is per definition forbidden too .

There is no problem to realize that technically - for instance I have Wolfram's Mathematica which is allowed to run only as one instance on one specific computer . If you try to run it as a copy on the same or different computer , you get a message that this is forbidden .

And no, the "box prevention" system doesn't use only IP to detect such attempts even if IP is used too .

There is a (quite complex) work around but I doubt that somebody would take the risk to be perma banned just to violate the rules and try to create a second box account .

I wonder if this "no box" server will be as successful as Ragefire and Lockjaw were (in their initial phase) .

I suspect that a crushing majority of those who wanted to experience a (semi) classical EQ already play on RF or LJ and they wouldn't start from scratch again on the no box server .

So this leaves only those who would either come as new players or perhaps some of those who started on RF/LJ and already stopped playing for whatever reason .

For instance I am playing in a large guild on RF, my main is 56 and I am not sure I would be able to suffer again levelling and plane equipping a new character on a new server.

So I will stay on RF as long as it makes fun and will leave (probably around Luclin, latest PoP) when it doesn't do so anymore .

As for the instances.

From what I understood, the instancing will be exactly the same system of dynamical instancing that already exists on RF/LJ .

This means that a new instance opens only and only if the  population of any instance exceeds a given threshold (f.ex 50 for LGuk) .

As for raid bosses (Nagafen , Innoruuk etc) they always exist only in a single (root) instance .

So while the "normal" content may get multiplied by opening a new instance when the population dictates so, the raid targets get never duplicated .

This is how it works on RF/LJ and I understand it is like that that it should work on the "no box" server too .

• 511 posts
    October 12, 2015 8:53 AM PDT
    Deadshade said:

This is basically copying the philosophy of Project 1999 : 1 person = 1 account .

That means that as boxing is impossible, botting is per definition forbidden too .

You are wrong here - The game will forbid more then one account on one PC. There will be no IP locking, just hardware ID it looks like. So while people will still be bale to box 2+ toons, it will be much less previliant.

There is a (quite complex) work around but I doubt that somebody would take the risk to be perma banned just to violate the rules and try to create a second box account .

You would be surpirsed how "stupid" people can be...

I wonder if this "no box" server will be as successful as Ragefire and Lockjaw were (in their initial phase) .

I suspect that a crushing majority of those who wanted to experience a (semi) classical EQ already play on RF or LJ and they wouldn't start from scratch again on the no box server .

Most people are afraid of the opposite, they are afraid that to many people will leave LJ, and possibly RF also and make those servers not viable.

As for the instances.

From what I understood, the instancing will be exactly the same system of dynamical instancing that already exists on RF/LJ .

THey have stated that the new server will have true instancing on demand instancing for raids. That means guild ABC can raid Naggy, Vox, and Inny on Monday, while GUild XYZ is doing the same thing. In order to achieve this they will be adding in lock outs for these instances per character.