Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Great Work on the Website

• 67 posts
    September 24, 2015 1:46 PM PDT

Didn't see any topics on this, so I'll come out and say what everyone is thinking.  Great work! It's also very mobile friendly, unlike the previous website.  Really great stuff you added for all the races as well, a lot of fun to read.

• 595 posts
    September 24, 2015 1:57 PM PDT

Yup!  I have no doubt this new website will grab peoples' attention.  Can't wait for further dev discussion regarding some of the unvield game mechanics.  It's an exciting time to be a part of the Pantheon family!

• 174 posts
    September 24, 2015 1:58 PM PDT

I agree.  I'm looking forward to seeing what constitutes the human navy, as well as elven agriculture...

• 51 posts
    September 24, 2015 2:22 PM PDT

Agreed. It looks great so far!

I'm excited to see what's on the horizon!

• 384 posts
    September 24, 2015 2:29 PM PDT

Agreed!! Love the new design and especially all the new info!  New screenshots, concept are for all the races with cooresponding lore, and love the flyover video and new map! And I don't know why I just listed all that out.... if there's anything I missed, y'all let me know!  :)

• 154 posts
    September 24, 2015 3:54 PM PDT

Yeah it was a great job by the team to get this revamped website up and running! I also want to say thank you for the releases of all the races and classes. I spent all afternoon reading through them and have to say there were some pleasant suprises that reveiled themselves.

• 1281 posts
    September 24, 2015 4:40 PM PDT

I'm pleased with the website. I'm also pleased with the improvements to the forum. Spaces seem to work better :)

This post was edited by bigdogchris at September 24, 2015 7:53 PM PDT
    • 338 posts
    September 24, 2015 4:50 PM PDT

Hot Damn !

Tons of new stuff to read about ;)

Looking awesome.

Kiz~

• 2138 posts
    September 24, 2015 5:05 PM PDT

This is great! I saw something under the waterfalls on the atlas!  Will the atlas be the same  as in game? like if I head right, will I well, you know. And will there be anything in  the bottom archipelago? I saw an ice- cap, is that like north?

• 48 posts
    September 24, 2015 5:06 PM PDT

The website, and forums look great, though I would like to see the forum topics a little more condensed they have a lot of spacing in between them, and the long scrolling list is kinda meh. Just makes it a little hard to look throuhg and forum topics that are lower down will probably not get much attention.

Also are the forums still only for paid members now?

This post was edited by Docka at September 24, 2015 7:54 PM PDT
    • 20 posts
    September 24, 2015 5:20 PM PDT

Got a few emails today so I decided to see how things have progressed here. Very nice job on the forum update. I might have to stop by more often again :)

• 261 posts
    September 24, 2015 6:34 PM PDT

I like it. Was on last night. Couldn't work out where to Sign In though.

(Don't think it was enabled then)

Also nice screenshots. I am sure some of them are new.

This post was edited by Boulda at September 24, 2015 7:54 PM PDT
    • 34 posts
    September 24, 2015 6:58 PM PDT

I agree the website looks much, much better. Its really not even comparable to the old website. I can't wait to see the class info get filled out too since you guys have 1-10 prototypes for all the base classes for testing.

I am not sold on the new look of the forums though. I think I saw that they were still a work in progress, but the readability is not there yet for me. I would prefer something similar to just the EQ Live forums or the Vanguard forums (gone now though). Simple, non-cluttered, and straightforward. With this background picture, as I scroll through the posts, they get alternately harder and easier to read depending on what part of the background the text is on.

Keep up the good work though guys!

• 50 posts
    September 24, 2015 7:13 PM PDT

Great work on the website guys.  As a long time supporter and someone who wants to support the community it shows me a lot that you guys updated from that old website.

• 1095 posts
    September 24, 2015 7:18 PM PDT

Yeah the info sections look great but the Yellow with white text buttons, like what in the world, I cant even make it out. As far as the forum text, its way to bright, I perfer the older color scheme. The backdrop for the text needs to be a solid color not scollable over the background. Thats like 1998 type stuff and hard to read. No UX testing went into this it seems. You should of let the people who are paying to be testers in the game actually help test the new design.

This post was edited by Aich at September 24, 2015 7:54 PM PDT
    • 50 posts
    September 24, 2015 7:54 PM PDT
    Aich said:

Yeah the info sections look great but the Yellow with white text buttons, like what in the world, I cant even make it out. As far as the forum text, its way to bright, I perfer the older color scheme. The backdrop for the text needs to be a solid color not scollable over the background. Thats like 1998 type stuff and hard to read. No UX testing went into this it seems. You should of let the people who are paying to be testers in the game actually help test the new design.

The forum does need some work, but that will be easy to fix with some quick css changes.  This is a big step forward

• 9115 posts
    September 24, 2015 7:56 PM PDT

Thanks for the kind words and feedback guys, this was a soft launch for us and the forums section is still a work in progress while we push towards an official release later next week, so please enjoy the new site and bare with us while we work hard on fixing a few little hiccups along the way :)

• 1095 posts
    September 24, 2015 7:58 PM PDT
    Kilsin said:

Thanks for the kind words and feedback guys, this was a soft launch for us and the forums section is still a work in progress while we push towards an official release later next week, so please enjoy the new site and bare with us while we work hard on fixing a few little hiccups along the way :)

Yes I agree, I'm being more critical because I do web development but it is a great PR move but the forums.. lol makes me go blind almost. 

• 1434 posts
    September 24, 2015 8:47 PM PDT

Agree, site is amazing. Forum does seem to be a little harder to read and unless I'm maximized, its formatted to trail way off to the right of my browser. Little things of less importance.

Most important thing is that the Pantheon and VR sites look profession and have a lot of information. This was huge. Now just waiting for that new video to see some gameplay and the beauty of Unity 5.

This post was edited by Dullahan at September 25, 2015 4:59 AM PDT
    • 144 posts
    September 24, 2015 9:05 PM PDT

The site is fantastic.  The added Lore/Races/Classes are just what I and many many others were looking for.

WELL DONE!! Well done..

• 85 posts
    September 25, 2015 2:59 AM PDT

I like turtles... 

• 64 posts
    September 25, 2015 4:54 AM PDT

• 1281 posts
    September 26, 2015 4:30 PM PDT

If you are solicitating advice for the website I would suggest replacing the RACE & CLASS section links with Game Info and Media links.

The media link is a bit hard to find. I think it's traditional to have a media link as a primary option.

The game information about races, classes, and whatever else you might want could be in it's own section to combine them.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at September 26, 2015 4:34 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    September 26, 2015 6:33 PM PDT

We are already in the process of making media more visible, but we needed to fix other things first, please bear with us while we make these changes and please post all website and forum suggestions in the "Website Suggestions" sub-forum.

• 2138 posts
    September 30, 2015 6:20 PM PDT

OK so let me be speficic and clear. I am running an old windows XP machine while I wait for a build I had already paid for, and due to unforseen circumstances, has been delayed for longer than the current 1Year 7 months waiting period ( long story, independent person). So I use it for mail, web, and old games. When I log into the New pantheon site, I see the main page and there is a slide show that begins at the top. There is also music I hear in the background starting as a high keening tone, that resolved into a light musical ditty, and sounds of something yawning. By the time the automatic slide show gets to the second page, I see a looping gif, on the second page, of an oversized white rabbit, comiing out of his cave and yawning, and then taking a few steps as the camera angle changes to show the big white rabbits height.that cuts off, and then repeats.

Secret? (albeit odd) or an alpha testing kind of test.

I filmed it.

Once I get it saved to a link, I will post it here.

Here it is:  https://youtu.be/rZdMngADmTc

Bloop?

This post was edited by Manouk at October 4, 2015 6:39 PM PDT