Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

What kind of guilds do you gravitate towards?

• 453 posts
    September 20, 2015 7:21 AM PDT

What sort of guild do you usually find yourself joining? Hardcore/raiding? Extremely casual? Somewhere in between? Are you usually loyal to one guild at a time, or do you have alts in multiple guilds?

I usually have a character or two in a raiding guild but then I have several characters in other more laid back guilds, guilds that are strong enough to help out each other out with quests and epics, but not obsessed with hardcore raiding and such. I prefer the more laid back guilds, but I always try to keep one or two characters geared top notch.

(edited for typo)

This post was edited by Jason at September 20, 2015 7:22 AM PDT
    • 430 posts
    September 20, 2015 8:58 AM PDT
    Somewhere in the middle / loyal till the end of guild or game haha which ever comes first
    • 107 posts
    September 20, 2015 9:13 AM PDT

Exile, the greatest collection of hedonistic, drunken, foot fetish having, afk pooping, pervert raiders ever collected. I'm amazed we ever killed anything other than brain cells. Miss you guys terribly.

• 2138 posts
    September 20, 2015 9:28 AM PDT

It takes me a while to Join one guild. I normally want to group with a variety of members first before I decide. I look for absence of drama/malice- not to be confused with roleplay or "gamesmanship". Gamesmanship is: 1. good; comments like "tighten the heal rotation" or " Classe X, O.T. the adds next time, and keep an eye out on the roamers ( generally, pay attention). 2. Bad; a wizard and a "brother" cleric wanting to see how well I am in a group with my friends ( and we are tight), taking us to dead side, somehow 5 too many adds "appear". I look around and chanter and druid are on MT, I am nuking MT Target OUR cleric has to OT, I send pet against one and nuke aggro the one on the cleric. Second clerid is also not healing and just OT, I was able to get pet to grab both cleric's aggros. "brother" cleric then staring blankly, and wizard sitting. Druid dies, Chanter dies, SK dies Cleric and wizard bolt, we don't know the way. 4 hour corpse run. Those guys were not Arby's B-holes. Wizard and cleric then say- oh well, time to camp. Next day when we are on, they are "busy"  doing something else after promising to help make it down there. We get down there eventually. get our stuff. then just to prove head to the same place- because we are tight- and held that camp for hours, wondering where the extra adds came from. Non-B-holes, they even formed a guild. Cheesy.    

• 3016 posts
    September 20, 2015 9:50 AM PDT

I'm not hard core,  I prefer friendly type guilds where there is not always pressure to succeed.  Quite happy donating my resources to the guild bank, making stuff for newbies or if my crafting is high enough..raid potions and the like.     I like to stop and smell the roses...explore, and socialize. You know..the FUN part of gaming.  *wink*

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at September 20, 2015 7:37 PM PDT
    • 87 posts
    September 20, 2015 10:19 AM PDT

Normally, i won't join a guild until i'm near max level. This gives me time to group with folks and determine which guild is right for me. This usually ends up being casual guilds that love to raid.

• 179 posts
    September 20, 2015 11:21 AM PDT

I'd say I usually prefer guilds that aren't on the cutting edge.  I don't spend my life entirely in game but I spend 2-4 hours a day if it's a great game. I normally spend all this time grouping with my guild primarily. I enjoy raiding and like to be in guilds that when things begin take things seriously with folks who want to do as much as possible within the guilds raiding hours.

• 308 posts
    September 20, 2015 1:07 PM PDT

I usually find a laid back guild that will raid. picking 1 day of the week for that express purpose. I also like guilds that are fairly tight nit, picking up guildies for groups rather than non guildies. doing dungeons that may not have any benefits for most of the members just to try for a drop to help out just one member.

I have a large guild that i have played with in many other games, and i intend to try to get them to play pantheon as well. although i will still have a character in the Dev Guild. btw is there a guild name decided on for the dev guild? maybe we should have a guild name contest for it.

• 79 posts
    September 21, 2015 10:09 AM PDT

I prefer to join a guild that isn't elitist but likes to get things done, is open to less popular or not min/max playstyles and character setups, and has members I can get along with. I find no joy in playing a character purely because it's the best or playing a game like it's my job, usually I've been lucky to find these types of people in the MMOs I play.

• 89 posts
    September 22, 2015 2:40 PM PDT

I tend to pick guilds very similar to Happytrees. I don't like being forced to raid but the option to join when there are openings and I am available is preferable. I always say I have one job I don't need another. Unleashed from Vanguard was like this and were a very good guild to be a part of.

• 781 posts
    September 29, 2015 11:11 AM PDT

Raiding Guild.  I love to push myself in playing the skills given me in the game to maximum capacity.  Being part of a group that dominates bosses and loots untold riches from hidden treasures ! Being the first to come face to face with untold horrors or being amazed with unspoken beauty of ancient times !  yeah... :)  Raiding guild for me plz :)