Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

/hide helm?

• 453 posts
    July 26, 2015 7:59 AM PDT

Do you typically show your character's helm graphic or do you usually hide it so people can see the "real" you? Does it depend on if it's a cool looking helm? Does it depend on your character's class or gender? Do you sometimes turn it on or off based on mood? 

POLL:

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/polls/view/250/hide-helm

Myself I usually have the helm graphic turned off unless it's a *really* cool looking graphic. In this case I mix things up, sometimes having it on, sometimes off.

This post was edited by Jason at July 26, 2015 6:54 PM PDT
    • 105 posts
    July 26, 2015 8:06 AM PDT

I'm usually a helm-hider.  I usually don't find a helm cool enough to hide the little quirks I put into my character such as granny glasses or hair sticking up in all directions.

• 366 posts
    July 26, 2015 11:36 AM PDT

I voted helm hider, but there are times i will show it and I actually prefer it if the headpiece can show because to me it finishes a look. It is just a lot of times, helms hide too much of my characters head - which helms are armor so I understand it is supposed to be functional - but lets face it  this is not real life and aesthetics count to me.   I have female characters, and I like if a helm is a circlet, some hoods  ( hood/visor up/down always an awesome feature), some eye wear and sometimes a helm if it interests me enough.

• 384 posts
    July 26, 2015 6:59 PM PDT
    Damn dude, how do you come up so many good questions? :)

I have my helm hidden probably 99% of the time. Every once in a while I'll show it but that seems to be just when I'm playing a dwarf. Dunno what it is about dwarves and helms but they go okay together. :) It is, however, not uncommon for me to put my hood up (if I have one) when it's raining. Heheh
    • 132 posts
    July 27, 2015 1:03 AM PDT

Helm turned on. Always.

• 21 posts
    July 27, 2015 2:16 AM PDT

i always hide my helm

• 2138 posts
    July 27, 2015 6:01 PM PDT

I liked the unique looking helms, but if wishes were grantable: helms with a visor-ability, or veils/ascots (gnome goggles?/monocles!) with half release-ability. Like  plate wearer, if saluting but had a helm on, would raise their helm and not salute. Likewise half the veil would be withdrawn with a half-curtsey maybe, or if goggles, eyebrows raised and goggles fall on their chain (or the monocle in the drink- heh) exposing the face, briefly.

• 8 posts
    July 27, 2015 6:39 PM PDT

I always have my helmet showing, even if it looks bad. The reasoning, 

1: It is the way the designers have modeled it.

2: If i'm wearing it, it must be the best stat helm I have and worthy of being shown.

2.5: I always rather wear something that doesn't look good that has great stats than something that looks great but no stats.

3: Bad looking helms have been a talking point in groups.

3.5: So many people hide helmets, when people see me showing my helm it is different. 

4: If it starts getting to me, the bigger the push for me to find an upgrade.

I don't normally reply to many posts but this one was so sided it needed another voice for the show helm side.

I wouldn't want visible helms to be scrubbed because the voice of the community always hides helmets.