Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

So.......

• 120 posts
    June 24, 2015 1:09 PM PDT
    Here I thought I could all sneaky and sign up, donate, do testing and the wife would never have to know about the donate part......

Then I just had to go and talk about some of the stuff being talked about and how it gunna be fun to get into testing and see how it alls works.....

To which she says " what about me? Maybe I would like to do that to..."

Ummmmm, lemme see what I can do. That stuff is usually by invite only ya know.
    • 51 posts
    June 24, 2015 2:37 PM PDT
    Gotta pay to play!
    • 999 posts
    June 24, 2015 7:04 PM PDT
    She does get a "free" 2nd copy of the game... So there's always that... She doesn't need to know how it's free...
    • 120 posts
    June 24, 2015 7:23 PM PDT
    Raidan said:
    She does get a "free" 2nd copy of the game... So there's always that... She doesn't need to know how it's free...

Well, yeah. That was prolly a given. Of course, that really doesn't get her into the request alpha/beta testing.

To be honest tho, I thinking of trying to get her in anyway. I just wasn't sure she would be interested.

Having been 1 of the most respected and wanted clerics on Veeshan and having 365 days played as one, I think she could provide a good perspective and input for the Cleric class in Pantheon.

• 67 posts
    June 24, 2015 9:09 PM PDT

You think it will be fun, until I test the 'mob train' mechanic....

• 120 posts
    June 25, 2015 3:55 AM PDT
    Xeravik said:

You think it will be fun, until I test the 'mob train' mechanic....

I really hope that we see trains make a comeback. I never saw how it made sense in other games like WoW that getting to a road/path would suddenly cause you to lose agro or why an npc could be inches off the path and not attack unless you left the path
    • 999 posts
    June 25, 2015 3:27 PM PDT
    Castwell said:
    Raidan said:

Well, yeah. That was prolly a given. Of course, that really doesn't get her into the request alpha/beta testing.

To be honest tho, I thinking of trying to get her in anyway. I just wasn't sure she would be interested.

Having been 1 of the most respected and wanted clerics on Veeshan and having 365 days played as one, I think she could provide a good perspective and input for the Cleric class in Pantheon.

I was joking :). Sarcasm doesn't do well in text. I hope she is a tester with that experience.
    • 753 posts
    June 26, 2015 6:35 AM PDT

My wife definitely does NOT game.  When I log onto the pantheon site, I make damned sure I click "forums" very quickly... She knows I spend money on gaming - she knows I spend a decent amount on it... however, she chooses not to know how much and I oblige her by not telling her.  Seeing "Your Contribuions: $$$$" Would - at the least - cause her to raise her eyebrows at me in a "really???" sort of way.

She wouldn't actually SAY anything - but my "Honey do" list would suddenly become much longer for a while.