Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

E3 and Pantheon

• 378 posts
    May 25, 2015 3:14 PM PDT

Will the Team be doing anything at E3 this year ?

I did see something on twitter to suggest that some of the Team will be there but in what capacity ? 

• 48 posts
    May 25, 2015 4:39 PM PDT

Probably still in the form of a demo in order to try and gain a bigger supporter to help pay for more people etc to finish the game out.

• 9115 posts
    May 25, 2015 4:59 PM PDT

It's more business related while we continue to show it off to investors.

I believe this is the tweet that you were speaking about?

Booking meetings for E3: Visionary Realms,- Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen; Tangentix Ltd: GameSessions ; David Reitman Consulting, Inc.

— David Reitman (@davidreitman) May 21, 2015

• 378 posts
    May 25, 2015 5:02 PM PDT

That would be the one ;)

• 378 posts
    May 25, 2015 5:10 PM PDT

Well since someone is going to E3, I want first hand reports of the Oculus Rift area and what they put out for show and tell :) 

• 132 posts
    May 25, 2015 11:03 PM PDT

Maybe you guys can show off something to us too? ;)

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    May 26, 2015 12:04 AM PDT

Won't be showing the game this year, but next year for sure.

• 9115 posts
    May 26, 2015 4:45 AM PDT
    sajbear said:

You guy's and girls are always our first priority, as soon as we have something worthy to show, we will show it to you all ;)

• 557 posts
    May 26, 2015 2:19 PM PDT
    Aradune said:

Won't be showing the game this year, but next year for sure.

I won't be going to E3 next year.   I'll be too busy playing Pantheon.

• 19 posts
    May 26, 2015 4:50 PM PDT

Well good luck with whatever sort of presentation you do make. This game deserves to be invested in on a larger scale and I hope someone with the ability to do so will soon sit up and take notice!

• 154 posts
    May 26, 2015 10:11 PM PDT
    Kilsin said:
    sajbear said:

You guy's and girls are always our first priority, as soon as we have something worthy to show, we will show it to you all ;)

Do I correctly assume the goal is to have some fresh pre-alpha/alpha 1 material to show potential investors? I think that would be dynamite! In any case best of luck to the team who is going to be there and I can't wait to see some of the material resulting from the presentation.

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    May 27, 2015 12:22 AM PDT
    cram9030 said:
    Kilsin said:
    sajbear said:

Do I correctly assume the goal is to have some fresh pre-alpha/alpha 1 material to show potential investors? I think that would be dynamite! In any case best of luck to the team who is going to be there and I can't wait to see some of the material resulting from the presentation.

We have been showing pre-alpha tech and gameplay to potential investors for a couple months now and will continue to do so as the game marches forward.  When I posted that we will not be showing at E3, I meant on the show floor.  We have already traveled to some conferences to show the game privately, and if it makes sense to do so at E3 this year, we'll do it.  Obviously, that sort of thing I cannot go into details on, so that's as much info as I can disclose at this point.

-Brad

• 132 posts
    May 27, 2015 12:26 AM PDT
    Aradune said:
    cram9030 said:
    Kilsin said:
    sajbear said:

We have been showing pre-alpha tech and gameplay to potential investors for a couple months now and will continue to do so as the game marches forward.  When I posted that we will not be showing at E3, I meant on the show floor.  We have already traveled to some conferences to show the game privately, and if it makes sense to do so at E3 this year, we'll do it.  Obviously, that sort of thing I cannot go into details on, so that's as much info as I can disclose at this point.

-Brad

Please give us one tiny fresh ingame screenshot from the latest dev build! I beg you please! :'/

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    May 27, 2015 12:36 AM PDT
    sajbear said:
    Aradune said:
    cram9030 said:
    Kilsin said:
    sajbear said:

-Brad

Please give us one tiny fresh ingame screenshot from the latest dev build! I beg you please! :'/

We now have a Director of PR and will be approaching the release of information, interacting with news sites and other media, etc. in a more organized and planned way.  We actually have some big stuff in the works.  I can't go into detail now.  Part of me would love to blast out some new screenshots, but as a company we are becoming much more organized, expanding, and will be approaching things more methodically going forward.  That doesn't mean we're going to stop giving the community updates by any means.  Like I said, we have some pretty cool stuff in the works.  So please be patient here as we make this transition.  As soon as I can say more, I will.

-Brad

• 308 posts
    May 27, 2015 10:36 AM PDT

With all the craziness surrounding the new EQ TLP progression server, you guys should seriously be trying to capitalize on the frenzy of players who obviously want an old school MMO and spinning it to capitalize on the fact that Pantheon is the future solution for these players.

This post was edited by Reht at May 27, 2015 11:21 PM PDT
    • 48 posts
    May 27, 2015 11:51 AM PDT
    Reht said:

With all the craziness surrounding the new EQ TLP progression server, you guys should seriously be trying to capitalize on the frenzy of players who obviously want an old school MMO and spinning it to capitalize on the fact that Pantheon is the future solution for these players.

This is true. The head of your PR team should be going on some of these forums and major news sites putting out some newer information, or hopefully you all have a june video in the works to put out on these sites. People want your game they just need to know it exists and that it holds promise to be something more.

• 311 posts
    May 27, 2015 11:20 PM PDT

You are a tease Aradune, I guess I can wait, just don't make it too long of a wait.

To Docka and Reht there are a lot of people out there that will never like this game or Brad (sorry), I like the idea of them going after the investors, they have us as mouth pieces for now. I do hope soon they start working the PR front, but it is a double edged sword. With good investors backing the game I believe they will have a better chance of taking on the nay sayers.  

• 308 posts
    May 28, 2015 5:08 AM PDT
    Kazingathi said:

To Docka and Reht there are a lot of people out there that will never like this game or Brad (sorry)

Not sure what this has to do with what we are talking about, we are talking about taking some steps to appeal to Pantheon's ideal audience; one that is currently interested in and excited about everything that Pantheon is supposed to be about - a classic style MMO.  The same audience that is currently captivated and has been reinvigorated by the release of the EQ Ragefire server.  This has nothing to do with liking or disliking the game or Brad.  It's all about trying to capitalize on the excitement that is spreading to other games and gaming sites.  Players are now talking about and asking for classic versions of their games.  This is the kind of ripe environment that Pantheon needs to take advantage of before it dies down, it shows that there is a desire for this type of niche game and that desire could possibly be leveraged into helping Pantheon secure future funding.  It's an opportunity.

This post was edited by Reht at May 28, 2015 5:56 AM PDT
    • VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    May 28, 2015 9:53 PM PDT
    Docka said:
    Reht said:

This is true. The head of your PR team should be going on some of these forums and major news sites putting out some newer information, or hopefully you all have a june video in the works to put out on these sites. People want your game they just need to know it exists and that it holds promise to be something more.

There is a plan, an exciting one, but will take us a 2-3 months to be ready for it, do it right, etc.  Until then, we continue to march forward making the game itself and should have a community update soonish.  Please be patient... it's hard... it's hard for ME to wait.  But I want to do things right.

• 1434 posts
    May 28, 2015 11:27 PM PDT

As impatient as we all are, taking your time and doing it right is by far the best approach.  People will forgive you for making them wait for an excellent game (or in this case, update), but when you mess up people tend to lose hope or go off the deep end (as you well know).

We're rooting for you and all of the Pantheon team.

• 578 posts
    May 29, 2015 1:37 AM PDT
    Aradune said:
    Docka said:
    Reht said:

There is a plan, an exciting one, but will take us a 2-3 months to be ready for it, do it right, etc.  Until then, we continue to march forward making the game itself and should have a community update soonish.  Please be patient... it's hard... it's hard for ME to wait.  But I want to do things right.

I agree 100% that there are a LOT of people out there that want this game. My FAVORITE MMOs of all time are
    EQ1 and Vanguard and since VG closed up shop I've been searching for a game developed by you Brad and today is the FIRST I've heard of Pantheon which was from SotAs forums. This game is obviously in its infant stages but getting the word out there is imperative and will help crowdfund this development. EQ1 is VERY popular right now and well populated so people definitely want that old-school challenge. And the potential VG had is reckognized by a LOT of people but a lot of those same people know too well of what happens when things are rushed too soon and unfinished so I understand and welcome your patience to do things right.

Yes I am fangirling hard right now for Brad lol. I've loved both EQ and VG and have not found a SINGLE mmo out there to hook me in since VG and I've played MANY! I'm just bored with MMOs atm so this news has gotten me SO FRIGGIN PUMPED right now for Pantheon!!!

• VR Staff
    • 176 posts
    May 29, 2015 7:37 AM PDT
    Reht said:
    Kazingathi said:

To Docka and Reht there are a lot of people out there that will never like this game or Brad (sorry)

Not sure what this has to do with what we are talking about, we are talking about taking some steps to appeal to Pantheon's ideal audience; one that is currently interested in and excited about everything that Pantheon is supposed to be about - a classic style MMO.  The same audience that is currently captivated and has been reinvigorated by the release of the EQ Ragefire server.  This has nothing to do with liking or disliking the game or Brad.  It's all about trying to capitalize on the excitement that is spreading to other games and gaming sites.  Players are now talking about and asking for classic versions of their games.  This is the kind of ripe environment that Pantheon needs to take advantage of before it dies down, it shows that there is a desire for this type of niche game and that desire could possibly be leveraged into helping Pantheon secure future funding.  It's an opportunity.

Believe me, it is tempting.

I agree with what you (and others) are saying here and in posts like these. This is definitely an exciting window of time and it's invigorating to see such a large population of MMO players across the various sites pining for a modern game that embraces classic, hardcore game mechanics -- exactly what Pantheon will deliver. The Ragefire server has been a powerful "proof of concept" for us. However, the reality is that we are simply not ready to capitalize on this window yet, we need another 2-3 months.

One of my prime visions and goals for Pantheon since becoming Creative Director has been to cast off any remaining "amateur-job" perception towards our game, and to begin moving us into what we truly are and will be: a AAA quality contender in the modern era of MMO offerings. This has required some significant reorientation of both developmental and PR paradigms. It is the kind of shift that would make us see a window of opportunity like this and not jump all over it -- we are simply not ready to start building critical mass yet.

We are currently in the final stages of a "relaunch" or "rebirth" of Pantheon. One massive change you will all see at the end of these next months is a brand new website and a powerfully refreshed, fortified and defined image of our game studio and our flagship game, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. The time for us to break onto the scene and shout our name from the rooftops is coming, and coming soon. But when that time does come, the Pantheon that people will see is going to take their breath away -- that's a reality worth being patient for, just a little longer.

Always onward,

Joppa

• May 29, 2015 8:42 AM PDT
    Joppa said:

I agree with what you (and others) are saying here and in posts like these. This is definitely an exciting window of time and it's invigorating to see such a large population of MMO players across the various sites pining for a modern game that embraces classic, hardcore game mechanics -- exactly what Pantheon will deliver. The Ragefire server has been a powerful "proof of concept" for us. However, the reality is that we are simply not ready to capitalize on this window yet, we need another 2-3 months.

One of my prime visions and goals for Pantheon since becoming Creative Director has been to cast off any remaining "amateur-job" perception towards our game, and to begin moving us into what we truly are and will be: a AAA quality contender in the modern era of MMO offerings. This has required some significant reorientation of both developmental and PR paradigms. It is the kind of shift that would make us see a window of opportunity like this and not jump all over it -- we are simply not ready to start building critical mass yet.

We are currently in the final stages of a "relaunch" or "rebirth" of Pantheon. One massive change you will all see at the end of these next months is a brand new website and a powerfully refreshed, fortified and defined image of our game studio and our flagship game, Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. The time for us to break onto the scene and shout our name from the rooftops is coming, and coming soon. But when that time does come, the Pantheon that people will see is going to take their breath away -- that's a reality worth being patient for, just a little longer.

Always onward,

Joppa

There are some really strange things going on with editing. :)

I originally posted - "Sounds great, Joppa.  I look forward to the next phase for Pantheon, when it's time."

I edited to cut the extra quote baggage, and my reply was gone as well.   Let's see if this fixes it all.

This post was edited by BloodbeardBattlecaster at May 29, 2015 8:44 AM PDT
    • 154 posts
    May 29, 2015 4:55 PM PDT
    Joppa said:

Always onward,

Joppa

Sounds great Joppa. Can I ask why your not ready to start building critical mass yet? Is it because it would take to much of you guy's time to push for this opportunity and result in less than polished relaunch or that it would gum up the precipitation of the relaunch? In any case eagerly awaiting the next update. Will it possibly contain some more lore? It has been a little while with out a lore update and we all love the Lore teams work. :)

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    May 30, 2015 12:58 PM PDT
    cram9030 said:
    Joppa said:

Always onward,

Joppa

Sounds great Joppa. Can I ask why your not ready to start building critical mass yet? Is it because it would take to much of you guy's time to push for this opportunity and result in less than polished relaunch or that it would gum up the precipitation of the relaunch? In any case eagerly awaiting the next update. Will it possibly contain some more lore? It has been a little while with out a lore update and we all love the Lore teams work. :)

All will be revealed in good time.  We need to leave it at that for now.