Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Progression server guild?

• May 26, 2015 7:06 AM PDT

If no one has created /pantheonrotf,  I will do so tonight.  

Exmortis, I just posted in the other forum thinking you were not going to play at all.   I hope it all settles down for you to come and join us :)

• 179 posts
    May 26, 2015 10:05 AM PDT

It's created and the server is doing just fine besides the day or two of hickups.

• 84 posts
    May 26, 2015 7:21 PM PDT

I'll be back on in a few days. Family emergency and I'm out of town. Gimgar is a level 15 SK.

• 753 posts
    May 26, 2015 8:37 PM PDT

I am Raksasa in game. I've been a little moody the past day or so... so if you've run across me and I've been moody - I apologize :) 

Exmortis - are you starting a guild when you join the server?

• 16 posts
    August 8, 2015 4:40 AM PDT

So, I was going to ask if anyone wanted to start a fresh progression guild on one of the older progression servers, but it sounds like they finally started the new server?   I won't be able to join you guys for another 5-6 weeks because I'm currently deployed for the navy, but just out of curiosity how far along have you all progressed?

• August 10, 2015 6:45 AM PDT

As far as I know,  the guild never got off the ground.  Early on, I only saw one person in the chat channel,  and lately have only seen one person online whose name I was able to add to the friends list. 

• 16 posts
    August 11, 2015 12:35 AM PDT

Cool, well is your name on there the same as your forum name? I'll look for you when I get on.  Are you in another guild or just going at it solo?

• August 11, 2015 11:08 AM PDT

right now, solo.  I am going pretty slowly and enjoying the nostalgia.   Yes,  Bloodbeard is in game.

• 578 posts
    August 11, 2015 8:37 PM PDT

Does anyone know how the progression server is doing? I'd consider playing possibly, just would love some insight before I commit.

• 16 posts
    August 12, 2015 11:00 AM PDT
    NoobieDoo said:

Does anyone know how the progression server is doing? I'd consider playing possibly, just would love some insight before I commit.

I was curious about this too so I did a little reading today on the EQ forums.  The one server apparently has a lot of trolls and will be unlocking Kunark soon (if it's not already) and the other server, Lockjaw, still has another 3-4 months before it goes to Kunark.   That being said, I will probably be getting on Lockjaw once I get home from this deployment (4-6 more weeks), so if you decide to play on that one let me know and I will find you when I get on.   Feel free to add me as a friend on here too and let me know what you decide to do.

• 1434 posts
    August 12, 2015 11:54 AM PDT

Might be a bit off topic, but I actually decided to give the EQ2 progression server a try. Having only played eq2 briefly, I have found it pretty fun. My only real concern has been their failure to remove or tweak the newer gear and class abilities that have been added to older content over the years. PvE has been faceroll easy and PvP on Deathtoll is so out of whack a shadowknight can heal itself better than a pure healer and pets are doing 2-3x the dps of most other classes. Its so bad we actually just realized our SKs currently have the best direct heal for our tanks in PvE (or pvp for that matter). Hopefully some of these issues get addressed.

• 578 posts
    August 12, 2015 12:43 PM PDT
    mjcuba said:
    NoobieDoo said:

I was curious about this too so I did a little reading today on the EQ forums.  The one server apparently has a lot of trolls and will be unlocking Kunark soon (if it's not already) and the other server, Lockjaw, still has another 3-4 months before it goes to Kunark.   That being said, I will probably be getting on Lockjaw once I get home from this deployment (4-6 more weeks), so if you decide to play on that one let me know and I will find you when I get on.   Feel free to add me as a friend on here too and let me know what you decide to do.

I'd definitely consider lockjaw before the other server. But I'm just hesitant to get into the game again. I'll let you know my decision once I make one lol