Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Parallel worlds exists ...so say physicists!

• 3016 posts
    January 23, 2015 10:38 AM PST
    • 753 posts
    January 23, 2015 10:45 AM PST

I think it would sort of tick me off if I found out I actually was a really uber ranger in some parallel world - and here I'm... not...

• 3016 posts
    January 23, 2015 10:53 AM PST
    Wandidar said:

I think it would sort of tick me off if I found out I actually was a really uber ranger in some parallel world - and here I'm... not...

Hahaha!!   Time to emulate your other self then :D

• 87 posts
    January 23, 2015 11:36 AM PST

EXPLAINING THE 10TH DIMENSION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q_GQqUg6Ts

• 432 posts
    January 23, 2015 3:05 PM PST
    CanadinaXegony said:

Kind of fits with the Pantheon world idea ...doesn't it?  :D

http://www.mnn.com/green-tech/research-innovations/stories/parallel-worlds-exist-and-interact-with-our-world-say

Well yes it fits with Pantheon :)

But from the scientific point of view it is a wild and quite useless speculation that (as usual) journalists blow out of every proportion.

This quote is a give away :

"Whether or not the math holds true will be the ultimate test for this theory. Does it or does it not properly predict quantum effects mathematically? But the theory is certain to provide plenty of fodder for the imagination."

This sentence doesn't even start to make sense . What maths ????

We ALREADY have the maths and they hold true. Actually have been holding true for some 50 years.

It is called the Quantum Field Theory and it happens to be the matter in which I graduated. 

We have already been been accurately predicting quantum effects for close to a century. (QM was discovered in the mid 1920ies) .

So either these "new" maths will also hold true and predict the same things we have been already predicting for 1 century and then this "new" theory is exactly equivalent to the one we already have. But as we need only 1, the second theory is useless.

Or they won't and the "new" theory goes direct to the garbage bin.

In both cases all this is just a loss of time as long as a new, unexplained effect is not observed and reproduced.

My personnal opinion is that it won't happen for decades if not centuries.

Sorry but it drives me up the wall reading journalists talking about things where they have obviously no clue.

So what stays is that the MW interpretation of QM postulates an infinity of parallel worlds but as they can't interact with our world, they may as well not exist for all practical purposes.

• 671 posts
    January 23, 2015 8:37 PM PST
    CanadinaXegony said:

http://www.mnn.com/green-tech/research-innovations/stories/parallel-worlds-exist-and-interact-with-our-world-say

These think tanks, will eventually find their math is one unit too slow. Thus, what they are finding, is actual strings of precognition. The potential difference, of every moment in the future.

The article hangs itself, off a mere premise.

I think the physical collision of what contain Terminus, is what is so intriguing. I know I can't wait to hear the Solar Lore flushed out and in detail. Great article to read, & sure some flavor of those physics can be played into Terminus lore.

This post was edited by Hieromonk at January 24, 2015 6:47 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    January 23, 2015 9:04 PM PST

Sorry...I thought it was a fun idea...oh well lol

• 3016 posts
    January 23, 2015 9:08 PM PST
    CanadinaXegony said:
    Hieromonk said:
    CanadinaXegony said:

These think tanks, will eventually find their math is one unit too slow. Thus, what they are finding, is actual strings of precognition. The potential difference, of every moment in the future.

The article hangs itself, off a mere premise.

I think the physical collision of what contain Terminus, is what is so intriguing. I know I can't wait to hear the Solar Lore flushed out and in detail. Great article to read, & sure some flavor of those physics can be played into Terminus lore.

(Sorry my text and his seem to keep joining together)

Well that's what I was thinking...I saw a similarity when I was reading the link.    But I am no scientist,   just a dreamer who is fascinated with the stars and the universe.  :)