Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Naming policy.

• 135 posts
    April 1, 2024 5:13 PM PDT

I didn't read the naming thread before the alpha. 

I totally get not wanting anything offensive ingame. I named my Monk speed as in go fast not sure if i need to change it or not seemed to really fit monk gameplay. My warriors named Zelda, Tyrion is another i made is that allowed? I have several names similar to these i don't mind changing them if i need too.

This post was edited by Kiera at April 1, 2024 5:17 PM PDT
    • 2052 posts
    April 1, 2024 6:25 PM PDT

I don't think any of those is a problem (remembering that I'm not VR staff). Speed is a common word, means a lot more than a drug. Zelda and Tyrion are both just names. Now Tyrion Lannister would be a different situation :)

F.Y.I. the official naming policy is this:

1. Racist, sexist, profane names including, but not limited to, swear words, references of anatomy, meme tropes, misogynistic terms, homophobic terms, political jargon or slogans, threatening or terroristic terms or homonyms of any of the preceding, or word combinations that when read together produce any of the above, are not allowed.  

2. Proper Nouns that infringe upon any trademark, intellectual property, or well-known entities. Examples would be popular fantasy characters, sports teams, brand names, celebrities, politicians or your 9th grade English teacher that you’ve been wanting to doxx for 11 years. For clarification a character named Brady wouldn’t necessarily violate the policy, but one named Tombrady D’Goat would.   

3. Drug references, both illegal and legal, are not allowed. This includes slang names, colloquialisms, paraphernalia or veiled references. Fourtwenty Bongripper isn’t an acceptable name for your Ogre Warrior.  

4. Names used in the lore of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen, as well as any name that attempts to impersonate the game’s creators, developers or other employees of Visionary Realms are not allowed.  

5. Names must be 4 characters long, and cannot include numbers, special characters or symbols.

This post was edited by Jothany at April 1, 2024 6:29 PM PDT
    • 1 posts
    April 13, 2024 3:43 PM PDT

Thanks for the info!