Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Random questions

• 10 posts
    February 12, 2024 2:04 AM PST
    Can we get a bank slot for account? You could still put bank box/bag to increase it.

Any thoughts on placing one time finds from climbing up places? I have seen some games with climbing but after not finding anything most of the time it gets old. I have seen in a game where you get a one time reward. I think as long as the reward is good and not overpowered it would add a lot to climbing.

If being able to get chain and plate armor too soon is a problem why not set minimum level requirements on gear? I think that if there is not a set requirement it will cause problems down the road.

What is the current plan for crafting? Are we going to be able to do the basics of any profession but specialize in one or a hard pick one profession.

Would VR be open to having "guild" types and being able to join more than one type? This comes from a much bigger idea that I will try and some up. I am not good with naming things so bare with me on that.

Kingdom this would be a large "guild" of 50 plus people needing at least 12 people to start. Having more features for organization and customization.

Guild this would be more 10 to 50 people needing 6 people to start. More for smaller groups that might collectively just do doing same things but have friends and do things with bigger guild.

Coterie 2 to 10 people needing 2 people to start. More for RL friends and family.

Is it possible to get it so you can switch torch and off-hand without opening inventory and looking for it?

While I am at it how about a weapon swap even if it is out of combat?

What are the thoughts on economic system? I know some like playing the auction house as a mini game but with a game like this keeping money low and open world drops down I was hoping for more of a consignment with more price point driven.
    • 261 posts
    February 13, 2024 2:58 PM PST

Jager said: If being able to get chain and plate armor too soon is a problem why not set minimum level requirements on gear? I think that if there is not a set requirement it will cause problems down the road.

I was trying to make some chain armor, but ended up not being able to as the skill required to make the 1st set was too high, as the 1st tier was removed. That wasted a lot of time. But if Chain is an issue, lower the AC of the chain, I am assuming it is higher than leather, make it 1 AC more for each piece, or lower leather AC and make chain start at the old leather AC value. I only assume the chain AC they had in place must have been too high to make it balanced.

I just wanted to see my Cleric in chain to see how it looked. They could even make the chain AC the same as leather, so we could practice and see the graphics.

• 2049 posts
    February 13, 2024 4:36 PM PST

Boulda said:

Jager said: If being able to get chain and plate armor too soon is a problem why not set minimum level requirements on gear? I think that if there is not a set requirement it will cause problems down the road.

I was trying to make some chain armor, but ended up not being able to as the skill required to make the 1st set was too high, as the 1st tier was removed. That wasted a lot of time. But if Chain is an issue, lower the AC of the chain, I am assuming it is higher than leather, make it 1 AC more for each piece, or lower leather AC and make chain start at the old leather AC value. I only assume the chain AC they had in place must have been too high to make it balanced.

The armor we have currently is really the first iteration of crafted armor. It's major purpose was to just test out the sysem of schematics, crafting process, etc. and start the process of balancing. We can expect plenty more ups and downs in strength of it, level to access, things like that. I seriously doubt that they will toss out the work that went into making T1 asherium armor. Players were just getting too OP with their access to so much higher tier crafted stuff early on, and pulling T1 chain out was easier than revamping the AC scale on all the tiers. When they get a better estimate of what their balance will be, I expect to go back to T1 being asherium again.