Forums » Pantheon Races

Lighthearted racism. If you're not some hipster doofus

• 724 posts
    December 18, 2023 5:55 PM PST
    If I'm a Halfling and I visit the Skar homeland. How offended should I be at all the Skar? Should I act obstinate and demand I be addressed in the common tongue of the High Halflings? Can I explain in a condescending tone that the shelving is too high in the shops and that we have more right angles found in any Halfling tree châteaux than can be found in the dirt pit I assume the Skar refer to as their "city"? Will my being not a Skar propel me to having so high a faction rating that it allows me to freely express my distaste for the odor of the place without fear of my faction falling to a point where the Skar act equal towards me? How must I prepare to increase my faction with the Skar.... hive?.... grumble ? A grumble sounds about correct for a group of Skar, yes? A grumble of Skar. So, I can increase the faction with a grumble of Skar by what? Public defecation or maybe eating lots of dirt. If I hump a boulder would I gain faction with the male or female Skar? Because they have no lips, will there be a whistle emote I could use?
    Anyway, I don't want to pay too much for any items in the Skar area thus ensuring it's difficult for them to get out of Skarsburg or whatever and visit my glorious homeland, and poop all over it I assume.
    • 2045 posts
    December 18, 2023 6:10 PM PST

You should have no worries at all. There will be no problems whatsoever if you wish to visit our wonderful capital city. Everyone will welcome you with big, toothy smiles and open arms. We love visitors from foreign lands. Accomodations will be happily provided. We are all eager to hear your thoughts about our city and our culture.

Please, step right this way my cute little hors d'oevre.

This post was edited by Jothany at December 18, 2023 6:11 PM PST
    • 724 posts
    December 18, 2023 6:13 PM PST
    Full sentences, impressive.
    • 144 posts
    January 6, 2024 6:48 AM PST

As a halfling, you would be most welcome in my warm and cozy spa outfitted with all sorts of vegetables floating around you to get a nice and soft skin. Be aware though that the spa might be a bit hot from time to time.

This post was edited by Grobobos at January 6, 2024 6:48 AM PST
    • 2045 posts
    January 6, 2024 6:51 PM PST

Grobobos said:

As a halfling, you would be most welcome in my warm and cozy spa outfitted with all sorts of vegetables floating around you to get a nice and soft skin.

Oh yes, I've heard nothing but good reports about Grobobos's spa. It's a 'must see' on any tour.

Invite all your Halfling friends to go along as well.

This post was edited by Jothany at January 6, 2024 6:52 PM PST
    • 39 posts
    February 7, 2024 3:17 PM PST

As an elf I know we're welcome everywhere because all races need, and enjoy the wisdom and insight we provide.

• 31 posts
    February 7, 2024 6:31 PM PST

Sakkara said:

As an elf I know we're welcome everywhere because all races need, and enjoy the wisdom and insight we provide.

Except in a Troll or Ogre town (Everquest style) or Toril/Sojourn (old text MUD) ;).

• 39 posts
    February 8, 2024 1:36 AM PST

Grendir said:

Sakkara said:

Except in a Troll or Ogre town (Everquest style) or Toril/Sojourn (old text MUD) ;).

Actually I played a Dark Elf Rogue in early Everquest and spent days (literally) working on faction to the point I could enter the High Elf city.

Was great fun watching others react to me casually walking up and down the streets!

This post was edited by Sakkara at February 8, 2024 1:36 AM PST
    • 1 posts
    March 26, 2024 7:21 PM PDT

hmmmmmm