Forums » News and Announcements

Alpha Pledge Test Update - Emails have been Sent

• 793 posts
    December 18, 2023 4:55 PM PST

I was given the Wednesday window, the worst day of the week for me to be able to login, so gotta sit this one out, will maybe see you all on round 2.

• 5 posts
    December 18, 2023 5:14 PM PST

Solid move. Thank you VR team

• 15 posts
    December 18, 2023 6:09 PM PST

SynSymbio said:

Likely to sit this one out. 23 hours mid week, work day. After 6 years, I am surprised how unexcited I am now. I will come back when they open an Alpha persistent test. I need to get 50 in Embers, and I am certain I will enjoy it much more for the moment.

Ditto on the mid week, I work in a hospital 12-16 hours and it's flu season again. Just won't be up for it on Wed.

• 11 posts
    December 18, 2023 6:13 PM PST

Have not received an email.. and would be nice to plan ahead for this.

• 2 posts
    December 18, 2023 6:30 PM PST

Double check your junk mail... my mail was in the junk.

• 47 posts
    December 18, 2023 10:58 PM PST

Glad you reacted so quickly. 3 points though :

1- As many already stated, our availability during weektime is greatly reduced by our work duty
    2- We hope you will schedule another weekend session quickly
    3- In order for point 2 to happen, you will have to fix your persistence backend issue. Could you please provide feedback on your progression around this point on forum ?

Cheers - Emlar

This post was edited by Emlar at December 19, 2023 5:07 AM PST
    • 8 posts
    December 19, 2023 12:18 AM PST

Thanks for the invite, but why invite people in the middle of a work week?

I'll be lucky to get 1 hr with my USA friends during the week

• 33 posts
    December 19, 2023 2:59 AM PST

Fizen said:

The goal is to likely legally put a checkmark on the promise for an alpha test, so no refunds are needed for those who pledged for this specifically.

The other goal is to have few testers as possible, at least consistently with mid work day last minute schedule. The less testers the better in the current state of the game. I uninstalled already since Sat and will not participate. Mine is Tue 2pm est till Wed 1pm est. 23 hours.

This post was edited by SynSymbio at December 19, 2023 3:00 AM PST
    • 23 posts
    December 19, 2023 4:44 AM PST

Alrighty, round number two, hopefully see you guys Wed.

• 2 posts
    December 19, 2023 5:18 AM PST

I have been looking forward to this for so long, and unfortunately due the the weekend test being cancelled, I have now been allocated today. 

I am in the UK and it doesn't start until 7 pm, so unable to join this time as I am out and then working 12.5-hour shifts over the next 2 days..

I look forward to next time. Have a blast guys.

• 8 posts
    December 19, 2023 6:14 AM PST

Good on you guys, VR, for doing something to try to make it work and get new people testing.

• 32 posts
    December 19, 2023 6:37 AM PST
    Hard pass. Too little, too late, there's a part of me that wants to give VR credit for doing something, but then I remember how we got here, how ******* little this actually is, and that the apparent state of the "game" after ten years of dev is a joke. **** em and this dead project.
    • 3852 posts
    December 19, 2023 6:50 AM PST

"The goal is to likely legally put a checkmark on the promise for an alpha test"

Extremely unlikely since this is not even close to an alpha test. This is simply a preview being offered to alpha level pledges of what the pre-alpha looks like.

• 19 posts
    December 19, 2023 7:43 AM PST
    SynSymbio said:

Fizen said:

The goal is to likely legally put a checkmark on the promise for an alpha test, so no refunds are needed for those who pledged for this specifically.

The other goal is to have few testers as possible, at least consistently with mid work day last minute schedule. The less testers the better in the current state of the game. I uninstalled already since Sat and will not participate. Mine is Tue 2pm est till Wed 1pm est. 23 hours.

Someone gets it!
    • 7 posts
    December 19, 2023 11:07 AM PST

Never got a slot email. They fooled me twice. Shame on me.

This post was edited by tooms at December 19, 2023 11:08 AM PST
    • 3 posts
    December 19, 2023 11:15 AM PST

I am trying to log into patch server or Down loader and it is giving me a login failure. Password and email is wrong. I know it is not and even checked to make sure. Is there something wrong again? let us know please. 

• 4 posts
    December 19, 2023 12:04 PM PST

After an hour or less of gameplay...yikes...don't get excited for this its not even close 

• 4 posts
    December 19, 2023 12:12 PM PST

I'm also having issues logging in. (Too many times face rolling on the keyboard trying to remember the password's what did it in my case)!  :)

*EDIT*  Please disregard.  I just needed to faceroll one last time lol.

This post was edited by Aella at December 19, 2023 12:19 PM PST
    • 32 posts
    December 19, 2023 12:39 PM PST
    sivei said:

After an hour or less of gameplay...yikes...don't get excited for this its not even close 

I have been popping in just waiting for these posts to roll in. I genuinely hope it gets obliterated by everyone seeing how little actually exists and they finally admit they can't finish the project. At least that would be better than them ripping off more new people.
    • 4 posts
    December 19, 2023 12:43 PM PST

Snackpack said:
    sivei said:

I have been popping in just waiting for these posts to roll in. I genuinely hope it gets obliterated by everyone seeing how little actually exists and they finally admit they can't finish the project. At least that would be better than them ripping off more new people.

Yeah not sure 2030 release date would make much difference at this point 

• 32 posts
    December 19, 2023 1:04 PM PST

sivei said:

Snackpack said:
    sivei said:

Yeah not sure 2030 release date would make much difference at this point 

I can see it now, release date set for January 1st 2030; the clock is ticking over, December 31st, 2029 11:59:50pm hits and a single forum thread goes up "OH THERE WAS A BIG ISSUE SORRY LOL."

• 19 posts
    December 19, 2023 1:19 PM PST

It's pretty obvious they only let people in now because the writing is on the wall. I ran around for 20 or 30 minutes. This project is dead, and the cancellation will be announced sometime early 2024. 

• 4 posts
    December 19, 2023 5:41 PM PST

I can't even download the game... The download patcher isn't working. Is there any other way to download the game. (I don't understand how I'm supposed to patch the game, if this is my first time downloading it.) I'm so confused.

• 31 posts
    December 19, 2023 6:19 PM PST

Thank you VR. Appreciate the effort to get these sessions up and running.

Looking forward to my first walk around, Friday 6am Oz time.

Can't wait.

• 25 posts
    December 19, 2023 6:35 PM PST

Vandraad said:

Gelf said:

I will take what I can get at this point. Keeping expectations low, and seriously keeping an open mind.... hope VR is ready to listen. 

Listen to who..about about?  There won't be a single thing you'll find, notice, do, not do or discover that hasn't already been found, noticed, done, not done or discovered and posted to VRs attention since day 1 of PA1 back in 2017.  If they haven't listed to the VIPs yet they aren't going to listen to you or anybody else.

Well I can see you are a wellspring of happiness and joy. Not sure if you noticed there tough guy... but the game has changed recently and the data from 2017 is as useful as your comment to me.