Forums » News and Announcements

Alpha Pledges - Save the Date!

• VR Staff
    • 328 posts
    December 4, 2023 2:20 PM PST

Greatdark said: i hope you're doing it by date pledged.

All Alpha pledges are getting invites. No date pledged needed.

• 13 posts
    December 4, 2023 7:27 PM PST
    Yesssssss!!
    • 3852 posts
    December 4, 2023 8:07 PM PST
    That log-in is going to be busier than a one legged lady in an arse kicking contest.
    • 83 posts
    December 5, 2023 12:54 AM PST
    Savanja said:
    ..... will be happening on Saturday, December 16th, starting at 10AM PST (-8 GMT) .. .

I'm confused.

According to https://www.worldtimeserver.com/time-zones/pst-to-gmt/ 10AM PST = 6PM GMT

So, the message in the first post should be 10AM PST (+8 GMT), right ?
    This post was edited by Kaynrath at December 5, 2023 1:03 AM PST
    • 12 posts
    December 5, 2023 2:01 AM PST
    Artois said:

Greatdark said: i hope you're doing it by date pledged.

All Alpha pledges are getting invites. No date pledged needed.

Good business model =)
    • 32 posts
    December 5, 2023 6:29 AM PST
    Hopefully they have given consideration to address possible issues with this. Everyone who's been waiting for Alpha, plus people pledging now thinking this is Alpha release, trying to log in on the same day at the same time to the pre alpha server sounds like a recipe for crashes. Given the limited access period and the long wait to just touch the game, it would really really suck to have it be inaccessible.
    • 20 posts
    December 5, 2023 7:26 AM PST

If I were running the Pre-Alpha limited test with Alpha testers, in the email announcement I would include a way for the users to indicate if they will be participating. Then I would have a good understanding of how many testers to expect on launch day and make sure the servers are configured to handle the load.

This post was edited by Xeos at December 5, 2023 1:33 PM PST
    • 3852 posts
    December 5, 2023 8:29 AM PST
    It is not an alpha test.
    • 10 posts
    December 5, 2023 1:21 PM PST
    Would be awesome if all the Alpha pledges got an email letting us know about this... that way we know your emails are getting to us since I've never received any notifications since I pledged 5 years ago this month... just a suggestion.
    • 20 posts
    December 5, 2023 1:32 PM PST
    dorotea said: It is not an alpha test.
    Edited to "Pre-Alpha limited test" cool
    • 2047 posts
    December 5, 2023 1:36 PM PST

Snackpack said: Hopefully they have given consideration to address possible issues with this. Everyone who's been waiting for Alpha, plus people pledging now thinking this is Alpha release, trying to log in on the same day at the same time to the pre alpha server sounds like a recipe for crashes. Given the limited access period and the long wait to just touch the game, it would really really suck to have it be inaccessible.

I have it on really good authority that the scenario you describe HAS been mentioned to them already, and they have given it  some serious thought.

VR uses cloud servers. There will certainly be more than one ready for the number of people who will be logging in.

Equally, a significant goal for this event IS to test the resilience of their server code. There's no other way to test this but to invite some thousands of people to come and play. So yes, there's always that possibility.

• 2047 posts
    December 5, 2023 1:43 PM PST

Kaynrath said: So, the message in the first post should be 10AM PST (+8 GMT), right ?

I love time zones. PST is 8 hours earlier than GMT. So PST+8=GMT, and GMT-8=PST.

Putting the -8 in front of the GMT certainly does make it rather confusing, I agree.

• 1 posts
    December 5, 2023 1:51 PM PST
    awesome can not wait !!!
    • 2047 posts
    December 5, 2023 1:52 PM PST

PACKATK74 said: Would be awesome if all the Alpha pledges got an email letting us know about this... that way we know your emails are getting to us since I've never received any notifications since I pledged 5 years ago this month... just a suggestion.

Do you not receive the monthly newsletter? That's the best way to stay up to date on events like this, and to know they can reach you when necessary. It's pretty quick and easy, just go here: https://pantheonmmo.us3.list-manage.com/subscribe?u=4eb4247692251348b2d00e6ab&id=fd1a84ed90

• 19 posts
    December 5, 2023 2:48 PM PST
    I can't believe it! We made it y'all
    • 8 posts
    December 5, 2023 3:36 PM PST
    Awesome News! Rogue LFG
    • 17 posts
    December 5, 2023 5:03 PM PST

/two thumbs up

• 161 posts
    December 5, 2023 8:03 PM PST
    Domo arigato, Savanja-sama!
    • 47 posts
    December 5, 2023 11:17 PM PST

Great news ! So glad to discover Terminus ... at last ;)

• 74 posts
    December 6, 2023 6:26 AM PST

Excited to get to enter the world for the first time. I appreciate the inclusion of us Alpha testers for a limited time :)

• 1 posts
    December 7, 2023 9:41 AM PST

Does Pathfinder's pledge qualify for this?  If so, I don't have any emails with information to D/L and participate?

• VR Staff
    • 328 posts
    December 7, 2023 10:57 AM PST

At this time, emails with instructions will go out on Monday, December 11th. We will announce once they go out.

• 124 posts
    December 7, 2023 12:25 PM PST

In the e-mail notifications you send out, including a list of specific things you'd like the community to test (if you have a list, that is) would be a very good idea. Not a list they 'have' to adhere to, just some suggestions for if / when they wish to contribute to the development of the game during the session. It's absolutely understandable that many simply want to experience the game for themselves, I just think it would be wise to at least try to take advantage of this event to obtain as much testing data as possible. Giving the community an idea of where to aim their testing crosshairs is far more productive, I think.

• VR Staff
    • 328 posts
    December 7, 2023 1:52 PM PST

Shadowbound said:

In the e-mail notifications you send out, including a list of specific things you'd like the community to test (if you have a list, that is) would be a very good idea. Not a list they 'have' to adhere to, just some suggestions for if / when they wish to contribute to the development of the game during the session. It's absolutely understandable that many simply want to experience the game for themselves, I just think it would be wise to at least try to take advantage of this event to obtain as much testing data as possible. Giving the community an idea of where to aim their testing crosshairs is far more productive, I think.

We won't have that information at the time of the emails going out. However, we do post in discord about areas to focus on. Make sure you are on there if you want information.

• 12 posts
    December 7, 2023 10:15 PM PST

Have emails gone out yet?