Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Saddle not needed

• 725 posts
    November 30, 2023 7:19 PM PST
    Will I be able, after leveling up a bit, to charm a Goblin? Then, will I be able to mount and ride that Goblin? Through a dungeon holding a torch.
    If not, what size pledge do I have to offer to make this happen? This question is not related in any way to the leftovers from last week that I ate, causing hallucinations of a goblin party that got weird.

I did have a serious worry about the movement speed and I'm hoping the mounts don't increase speed more than double a normal trot. I keep seeing videos and the players seem to move quickly. If this is part of testing and things will be slowed down later?
    This post was edited by StoneFish at November 30, 2023 7:20 PM PST
    • 810 posts
    December 1, 2023 5:47 AM PST
    You are 4 months from April.
    • 102 posts
    December 1, 2023 6:23 AM PST
    I know the title says "Saddle not needed", but what if was quite the opposite? What if there was an incredibly rare enchanted saddle that allowed you to ride (Almost) any charmed creature? and of course, Ogres.
    • 1284 posts
    December 1, 2023 8:37 AM PST

I did have a serious worry about the movement speed and I'm hoping the mounts don't increase speed more than double a normal trot. I keep seeing videos and the players seem to move quickly. If this is part of testing and things will be slowed down later?

I also worry about movement speed, but the good news is so does Joppa.  The pendulum has swung back and forth in testing.  On one end we could simply outrun anything at will, on the other end anything could catch us even if we had a major head start.  I'm sure the pendulum will settle somewhere nicely in the middle.  

I also think that character movement speed (mounted, buffed, or otherwise) is all relative to the size of the world.  Thronefast is pretty huge, and it's just one "zone."  Without any speed buffs it can take almost 10 minutes to run from one end to the other...if you could find a straight line path you might be able to do it faster :)