Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Real Alpha actually starts in December?

• 20 posts
    November 16, 2023 7:57 PM PST
    In the latest video it says "Alpha pledge test goes in December"

Is this the real Alpha, not pre-Alpha?

Can you please provide more details about the Alpha? When is the exact date, length of the testing period and which pledges are eligible?

Thanks!
    This post was edited by Xeos at November 16, 2023 8:04 PM PST
    • 560 posts
    November 16, 2023 11:20 PM PST
    If I understood it correctly Alpha pledgers will get access to Pre-Alpha on December 1 for 24 hours. Not 100% sure on the date but I think that is right. After that more slots will be scheduled but no details on when or how often were given. The way it was worded makes it sounds like to me that this is not alpha access. I think a little more celerity could be helpful here.

My guess is that in the heat of the moment they said alpha was going to have access to 247 and now this is a more thoughtful approach. They said as much as 10,000 alpha pledgers are out there. That is a lot of people trying to play Pantheon all at once with very limited content. That should be very interesting to see at first but it would quickly get annoying I am sure.
    • 273 posts
    November 17, 2023 4:55 AM PST

As Susurrus said, and Ben Dean confirmed on Discord following the initial announcement, this does not mean that official Alpha has begun. The game is still considered Pre-Alpha. Pre-Alpha pledges will continue to get 24/7 access to the testing server, and Alpha pledges will get access to the Pre-Alpha server in limited 24 hour sessions as VR sees necessary.

• 1284 posts
    November 17, 2023 9:36 AM PST

I don't think the date of the first 24 hour session has been chosen yet.  December 1st is when the verbal NDA is dropped.  "Sometime in December" is when the first 24 hour session will be that Alpha pledgers will get an invite in (which is not the same thing as Alpha starting).  

Hope that helps :)

• 167 posts
    November 17, 2023 9:43 AM PST
    I would also like to add that Joppa made mention that, though none of the dates have been decided, they do want to get these test sessions in and hopefully get them in frequently and ramp up the amount of alpha accessible tests, fairly quickly in the new year.

And also that when they need specific things tested, they will be stepping in more often to request that any of us who are online and able and interested, to come and help do some focus testing.
    • 97 posts
    November 17, 2023 6:59 PM PST
    Is it possible to get the VR email address so we can add it to our safe sender list?
    • 560 posts
    November 17, 2023 9:20 PM PST
    noreply-support@pantheonmmo.com is used by the forums to update you when someone posts on a thread you are following. Not sure what other ones might be used.
    • 801 posts
    November 18, 2023 6:58 AM PST

Ranarius said:

I don't think the date of the first 24 hour session has been chosen yet.  December 1st is when the verbal NDA is dropped.  "Sometime in December" is when the first 24 hour session will be that Alpha pledgers will get an invite in (which is not the same thing as Alpha starting).  

Hope that helps :)

Why do we need a 24 hour session? is this a truth test to see if it is being developed or what? Alpha is a stress tester, find major bugs and in 24 hours we are not going to get that unless it is for an announced stress test.

Would be nice to have a Dev chime in on this, for sure.

No games, i am getting too old for failures.

• 3852 posts
    November 18, 2023 7:34 AM PST
    This is not alpha. Not unless they have decided to expedite development enormously, declare the current pre-alpha to now be alpha, and full speed ahead towards beta. Not necessarily a terrible idea if they are running out of cash - a highly limited release of a "real" MMO on a subscription basis would be far better than the late and unlamented (by us) 247.

This is a combined preview/apology chance for more of us to get a real view of where pre-alpha stands.
    • VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    November 18, 2023 12:18 PM PST

Alpha pledges will be invited to partake in Pre-alpha sessions. This is not alpha.

• 5 posts
    November 18, 2023 3:56 PM PST

Well at the very least we will be able to log into the game and actually see how much nearly a decade of development has accomplished. After the debacle of art changes and 247 my expectations are very low.

• 560 posts
    November 18, 2023 4:02 PM PST
    Since it was announced a while ago my excitement has just been building. I know with that many people logging in all at once it will likely be worse then wow launch day but I just can't help myself. I really am excited.
    • 11 posts
    November 28, 2023 9:31 PM PST
    I am awaiting the email that says here is the link to download the client and you have been invited to test for 24 hours. Until then this game is vaporware to me. I do want that email. I will gladly sing this games praises to my Thousands of twitter followers.

Thanks VR for your consideration in this matter. Calicobard @calicobard on twitter
    • 1284 posts
    November 29, 2023 8:18 AM PST
    What is the consideration? You will get the invite if you've pledged to an Alpha level, it's not random, all Alpha pledges will get it.

(wasn't sure if that was a confusion, just wanted to clear that up)
    • 36 posts
    November 29, 2023 1:06 PM PST
    I have an Adviser's Pledge...so I'll get invited to pre-alpha on Dec 1?
    • 20 posts
    November 29, 2023 1:15 PM PST
    @Savanja could you kindly share some details?
    • 1284 posts
    November 29, 2023 2:55 PM PST
    There will be a 24 hour session sometime in December that you'll get invited to. The date has not been announced yet.
    • 4 posts
    November 29, 2023 5:18 PM PST
    Is Pre-Alpha server always up now or still just in sessions?
    • 194 posts
    November 29, 2023 6:42 PM PST
    If you're a pre-alpha pledge, you have access to the server right now and have for a few weeks. The 24 hour test only applies to alpha.
    • 902 posts
    November 30, 2023 7:30 AM PST
    Cant wait to get in again.
    • 86 posts
    November 30, 2023 12:23 PM PST
    Chroma said:

Yes, the Adviser's Pledge gets you access.

You'll get an invite to a 24-hour session of pre-alpha, and other invites on future dates. The date of the invite hasn't been decided yet, They'll post on the forums about the invites going out, as well as you receiving an email.
    • 9 posts
    November 30, 2023 6:10 PM PST
    Gaku said:
    Chroma said:

Yes, the Adviser's Pledge gets you access.

You'll get an invite to a 24-hour session of pre-alpha, and other invites on future dates. The date of the invite hasn't been decided yet, They'll post on the forums about the invites going out, as well as you receiving an email.

Answers my question. Tyvm :)
    • 12 posts
    December 1, 2023 9:52 AM PST
    I take it today is not the day after all as rumor suggested?
    • 560 posts
    December 1, 2023 9:54 AM PST
    bert said: I take it today is not the day after all as rumor suggested?
    They just announced the date on Discord a few minutes ago. Mark your calendars, my friends. The Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen alpha test session will be happening on Saturday, December 16th, starting at 10AM PST and will run for approximately 24 hours. Emails will be going out next week with instructions and the game download link. All alpha-eligible pledges will be invited to participate https://discord.com/channels/187566182084116480/739011851341398126/1180202586901586021 I give up trying to fix the formatting on this post.
    This post was edited by Susurrus at December 1, 2023 9:57 AM PST
    • 560 posts
    December 1, 2023 9:59 AM PST
    it is nice that these forums now have spell check but they are still a complete pain to use. I have no idea how to fix the above post and to be honest I have better things to learn. But in short Alpha access for 24 hours will start on the 16th of December. For details you can check Discord or I am sure they will make a post on here as well at some point.