Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

What are your initial travel plans and their motivation?

• 146 posts
    March 13, 2023 8:39 AM PDT

What are your initial travel plans in Terminus? Are you traversing to a different city or continent at level 1 to meet up with friends? Are you going to wait until a certain level to brave the wilds? If you do levae, what are your reasons?

Are you staying in your starter city and letting your character go wherever the wind takes it?

I'm definitely making an ogre. I'm torn between staying in Broken Maw to experience the ogre stories and cultural armor vs running to another continent pre-level 5 to wow those halflings or raise reputation in the floating gnome city. The latter would make me an unofficial ambassador showing the lower other races how great and kind we ogres are despite our superior intimidating appearance.

• 2051 posts
    March 13, 2023 2:29 PM PDT

One of my personal goals is to play one character of every race on terminus, in order to experience the culture and 'flavor' of that race. So the intent would be to stay in the area for a good while.

However... another of my goals is to find friends before release that I want to group with, so we can make plans to start together from as early as possible. That inevitably means there will be various races in the group and thus a likely conflict with my previous goal. Since I feel that having good friends to play with is more important than any game mechanic, I think the first goal will give way as needed to accomodate the second.

A practical tip for anyone planning to be in a mixed group of races from right at the start would be to make the starting location of the group be on Whitethaw. Being the 'neutral' continent, the local NPCs should be less hostile to other factions than NPCs on Kingsreach would be toward races from Reignfall, or vice versa.

• 372 posts
    March 13, 2023 4:19 PM PDT

Feastycentral said:

What are your initial travel plans in Terminus? Are you traversing to a different city or continent at level 1 to meet up with friends? Are you going to wait until a certain level to brave the wilds? If you do levae, what are your reasons?

Are you staying in your starter city and letting your character go wherever the wind takes it?

I'm definitely making an ogre. I'm torn between staying in Broken Maw to experience the ogre stories and cultural armor vs running to another continent pre-level 5 to wow those halflings or raise reputation in the floating gnome city. The latter would make me an unofficial ambassador showing the lower other races how great and kind we ogres are despite our superior intimidating appearance.

I hope I'm traveling to level up with friends at level 1.  Not much more to say, really.  That's fun to me to go out of the home region and mix up the races in the party. Especially with a regular group.

• 326 posts
    March 13, 2023 4:36 PM PDT

If I manage to get into a guild, I will most likely help others get to where they are going as I have no particular travel plans in mind for myself.

• 146 posts
    March 13, 2023 7:01 PM PDT

Jothany said:

A practical tip for anyone planning to be in a mixed group of races from right at the start would be to make the starting location of the group be on Whitethaw. Being the 'neutral' continent, the local NPCs should be less hostile to other factions than NPCs on Kingsreach would be toward races from Reignfall, or vice versa.

I don't think I knew this. Thank you for sharing that info!

• 3852 posts
    March 14, 2023 7:01 AM PDT

I will be playing by myself (apart from friends I make or guilds I join in the game). So no constraints on where I start or what I play. Assuredly I will start characters in every area to try them out. 

• 78 posts
    March 14, 2023 1:30 PM PDT

I will be doing whatever and wherever the swagger takes me.

• 810 posts
    March 14, 2023 2:11 PM PDT

Initially I imagine most will be on the one and only continent they have built to my understanding. 

At a full launch I plan to stop xp through a convienient button / slider or through multiple horrific drowning deaths to slowly explore my way through the world.  City to city, zone to zone.  I don't want to be a keeper who needs to travel back to an effectively empty world just to click a book or object then leave never setting foot there again.  I want to experience the world at the fun intended level. 

• 295 posts
    March 14, 2023 4:15 PM PDT

First, I wanna say that I love forum questions like this. It makes me even more excited to play in Terminus knowing the type of community it is aiming for. I also very much love the fact that VR is making such a meaningful effort to make all the races have depth to them. I'm hoping that it will mean most of us spread across the 3 continents in a reasonably balanced manner. Even though I won't play one, i love reading about other players wanting to play Ogres, Skar and Dark Myr(even though I'm finding hard to see Dark Myr as an 'evil' race and MIGHT even play one).

As for me, I'm a 'generic', goody two shoes, human Paladin or Cleric. I will never tire of playing such classes. I will definitely play all of the 'good' and 'neutral' races. I don't have any friends playing MMOs, so I will be starting off in Thronefast and spending a great deal of my time there exploring every nook and cranny. I won't be in any rush to level quick. It may be months before I even get to 20. I will probably start another race/class once I hit 20(or sooner) so I can experience it. I will make a grand effort to make the journey the 'GAME' instead of leveling. 

• 520 posts
    March 15, 2023 3:28 PM PDT

I'll start by exploring starting area and gaining few levels acquiring basic spells/abilities, after that wherever the adventure takes me!