Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

DRT Format Changes: Non-VIP Access

• 10 posts
    September 3, 2022 11:57 PM PDT

I'm looking forward to the new DRT format and improved Parting the Veil.  Will the new DRT still be available to non-VIP fans a week or so after release?  (As the DRT is released on YouTube currently.)

- Athen

• 2756 posts
    September 4, 2022 2:26 AM PDT

Athen said:

I'm looking forward to the new DRT format and improved Parting the Veil.  Will the new DRT still be available to non-VIP fans a week or so after release?  (As the DRT is released on YouTube currently.)

- Athen

Ben Dean "the dev live chats taking place in this channel is going to be vip only that is to say it's going to be uh we're not planning on public releases for those at this time so uh there will be an exclusive opportunity for vips to participate

Kilsin "this is the last one that will actually be um shared publicly so yeah after this it's just vips"

I can understand the decision. The DRTs were very much VIP questions to the devs and 'the public' were prone to misunderstand because they were missing a whole load of context from the other channels that VIPs have with the devs.

The PTV vids are more 'public' ready info.

This post was edited by disposalist at September 4, 2022 2:33 AM PDT
    • 61 posts
    September 4, 2022 4:26 AM PDT

There will be 2 Public live streams a DLS (dev live stream) on Sept 15 and a PoV Live(Parting of the Veil) on Sept 22.Both you'll be able to ask question. 

• 10 posts
    September 4, 2022 11:00 AM PDT

Bummer...  I'm pumped for the Parting the Veil content but sorry to see my access to the DRT go (for now perhaps).  Thanks for the clarification from you detail oriented listeners.

• 2138 posts
    September 4, 2022 4:18 PM PDT

I see it more like, a top end guild (VIPs) attempting new content and working out strats (DRT) , getting a idea of the loot tables from the boss and the challenges (getting all the techy questions sorted and asked), and then once its all figured out-after a bit- sharing the strats with the players (getting the condensed and essential version to the general audience)

But I dont know. Plus it could be a way to slowly start ramping up NDA awareness. Which could also mean   "soon" (tm)

This post was edited by Manouk at September 4, 2022 4:20 PM PDT
    • 10 posts
    September 5, 2022 11:42 PM PDT

Manouk said:

But I dont know. Plus it could be a way to slowly start ramping up NDA awareness. Which could also mean   "soon" (tm)

After thinking about it more, it seems likely that the new DRT format will discuss more specific information about the game that is subject to NDA (which I have not seen as a non-VIP).  Hopefully this does not mean other open content is approached with more generality moving forward.  Either way, not salty and I'm excited for regular Parting the Veils.