Forums » News and Announcements

The June Newsletter is Live

• 30 posts
    June 16, 2022 6:00 AM PDT

The June 2022 Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen Newsletter is live. Stay up to date on the progress of our alpha roadmap and more.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/newsletter/_2022/june/

• 801 posts
    June 16, 2022 6:19 AM PDT

I am a tad disappointed in the progress.

• 94 posts
    June 16, 2022 6:57 AM PDT

Thanks for the write up! I especially enjoyed the piece with Joppa. Any chance we will get a mini update when Vinl is officially complete? I'm looking forward to seeing the progress after this milestone.

• 3852 posts
    June 16, 2022 7:27 AM PDT

Excellent newaletter - I tend to focus on the producer letter to see how progress is going but the discussion of dungeons was very good.

With another pre-alpha targeted for but not promised this summer. and not necessarily the final pre-alpha, it seems clear that alpha will not be until next year at the earliest.

With so much effort and resources going into dungeons as the pre-eminent place for group play - I continue to hope that a significant amount of "landscape" will be soloable (for lesser rewards of both loot and experience) thus allowing us to explore most of a large world without needing to take an hour or more to find and assemble a group. With grouping being mostly for those great-looking dungeons.

This post was edited by dorotea at June 16, 2022 7:27 AM PDT
    • 2419 posts
    June 16, 2022 7:50 AM PDT

Another month gone, another month with no more items marked 'completed'.

• 34 posts
    June 16, 2022 9:16 AM PDT

Loved the newsletter.  With VinL being completed within the week great news.  

• 9 posts
    June 16, 2022 11:32 AM PDT

I liked the newsletter. It's good to hear about the updates.

I get that people are frustrated, but I've actually been encouraged recently by the updates shared by the team. So much so I decided to increase the pledge I had. I realise everyone has different views, but I like the engagement by the team with the community. I don't think they're hiding away, I think they are sharing what they can and when certain workflows have to be re-done i.e. Unity, then it's great they share that even though it's not really news that many people want to hear.

Keep plugging away team, I feel good things coming down the line. 

• 1479 posts
    June 16, 2022 11:33 AM PDT

Excellent newsletter on all subjects talked.

Eager to see the results of networking benefits in action.

• 2045 posts
    June 16, 2022 6:27 PM PDT

You're making terrific progress VR, even if some people can't see the truth thru the gloomy clouds they surround themselves with.

ViNL is due to complete integration over the next week! HDRP & ViNL are the biggest milestones since you did the re-factor back during Project Faerthale and now they're just about complete. This is huge.

You're hiring another new artist this month, after getting FOUR new ones just last month? That's concrete progress no matter how you slice it.

The ART & ANIMATION section of 'The Team' page is looking downright crowded. Welcome aboard to all these new Devs we haven't met yet.

Chris Perkins             Creative Director

Ross Armstrong         Lead Animator

Jared Pullen              Senior Concept Artist

Leonardo Evangelisti  Environment Artist & Worldbuilder

Duarte Ferreira          Animator & Rigger

Brett Nuckles            Environment Concept Artist

Tim Schuhler            Environment Artist

Tara Solbrig              Character Artist

Phillip Keidge            Associate Character Artist

Holly LeMay Associate Concept Artist

I'm getting high hopes for a new Gameplay Stream with Cohh coming over the horizon before long.

Can't wait!

This post was edited by Jothany at June 16, 2022 6:29 PM PDT
    • 287 posts
    June 16, 2022 9:27 PM PDT

So pumped to hear that Vinl is implemented and that you are even targetting another pre-alpha session for testers. Hopefully this means that you guys can start working on the pet system and the classes that have had to be on the back burner for the past few months. With the new art team hires, I think it's smart to refocus efforts to really put some polish on thronefast and AVP. Hopefully that means we'll be seeing a playthrough stream later this summer!

As for the negative nancy's out there, why not go play some other games instead of trolling a message board? VR appears to be hard at work, and they have my thanks for that. Keep up the good job guys.

• 161 posts
    June 17, 2022 6:33 AM PDT

Now that I am literally more committed to Pantheon, I found myself rereading this Newsletter several times. I am impressed.

Looking forward to seeing "Network Overhaul" marked "Complete," and an accelerated pace of progress.

• 295 posts
    June 17, 2022 2:24 PM PDT

randomrob82 said:

So pumped to hear that Vinl is implemented and that you are even targetting another pre-alpha session for testers. Hopefully this means that you guys can start working on the pet system and the classes that have had to be on the back burner for the past few months. With the new art team hires, I think it's smart to refocus efforts to really put some polish on thronefast and AVP. Hopefully that means we'll be seeing a playthrough stream later this summer!

As for the negative nancy's out there, why not go play some other games instead of trolling a message board? VR appears to be hard at work, and they have my thanks for that. Keep up the good job guys.

Exactly, wholehearttedly agree.

I see so many things that show substansive progress from last month. If you were following the progress of Pantheon this year, the only thing that we could expect to be 'completed' this month was the Network Stack. They have stated what their goals are plenty of times this year. So, if you were expecting more, then that's on you for creating a false narrative in your mind. The new hire so quickly after the last four is a pleasant surprise and more reason to show they are ramping up development. I enjoyed the newsletter.

Alpha will be a big deal. You will hear about it on social media if that's all you want to hear. Game development is not for everyone. So, if your impatient then you should go enjoy something else. 

• 295 posts
    June 17, 2022 2:29 PM PDT

After looking at the screenshot in the Newsletter I will say this:

Seeing that picture and knowing and having confidence in VR to improve and polish Terminus even more than what is shown, this will be one beautiful and cool looking game when released.

• 16 posts
    June 28, 2022 3:59 PM PDT
    I agree with Jothany great strides are being made and the majority of us a thankful for the transparency of the progress and team! Keep doing what your doing because you will never please everyone and 99% of your followers are very happy with what the team is doing!

Also randomrob82 is spot on but I am secretly hoping for a streaming play through in the next month or two! Those are very exciting to watch!
    • 161 posts
    June 28, 2022 4:18 PM PDT

Don't take this the wrong way, but the July Upcoming Events - Pantheon Forums (pantheonmmo.com) has me quivering.  I can hardly wait until the second half of July.