Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

The genius of "Inside"

• 724 posts
    June 6, 2022 1:21 PM PDT

The genius of "Inside" 

If you haven't yet played "Inside" I highly recommend doing so.

I played a few years ago and recently loaded it up for my girlfriend and we tossed the controller back and forth after a death on the couch.  She was adamant that she did not like the  game because it caused her stress and worry.  Note: she loves horror and gore in movies and TV and had a job that can be stressful.  But the design of the game and simple nature of just controlling the little protagonist provided enough pressure to elicit shreeks and cry's of emotional peaking.  

The game did all this is very simple ways, with sound and setting and a constant subtle foreshadowing, sometimes not so subtle.  

It is a small game but very very good and I really think a few tips and ideas can be extracted if the developers give it a play through. 

It is a very good tale. 

My love and I agreed that the dogs are the worst.  

This post was edited by StoneFish at June 6, 2022 1:22 PM PDT
    • 173 posts
    July 30, 2022 7:28 PM PDT

Wow, very cool. Added to my Steam Wishlist.

• 612 posts
    August 4, 2022 5:55 AM PDT

Yes... that was a fun game. It doesn't really take that long to play through but it's still pretty cool. If I remember correctly there is actually an 'alternate' ending you can unlock if you are able to disable the hidden light orb's throughout the game.