Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Tavern Talk - What's the most amount of...

• 9115 posts
    May 2, 2022 3:39 AM PDT

Tavern Talk - What's the most amount of in-game money you've ever spent on an item in-game and what was the item? #MMORPG#CommunityMatters

• 3852 posts
    May 2, 2022 7:52 AM PDT

No much. I am ...frugal. I save and save and save and finally leave the game forever never having spent it.

• 1287 posts
    May 2, 2022 7:55 AM PDT

I really don't spend a ton of money in games like these, I'm always in the "save for something big" mode it seems haha.  And I tend to prefer to go out and get the items myself whenever reasonable.  With that said, there have been a few times that I've just been unable to get the item I really wanted.  In EQ I worked the market for months with a specific item in mind.  I bought and sold items all day making profits here and there, trading up slightly, and eventually had enough plat to buy the Sharkjaw Cutlass.  It wasn't even an amazing item haha, it was just pretty rare and I thought it was cool.  I finally got it, and I can't remember how much it actually cost me in platinum, but I do know it cost me several months of work :)  And yes, that work was enjoyable itself, so it was a win-win.  

• 4 posts
    May 2, 2022 8:38 AM PDT

1 billion credits (auction house cap) in SWTOR for the Force Slayer lightsaber which was virtually taken off the loot table in patch 3.0/4.0 (I forget which) years ago from open world content.

• 326 posts
    May 2, 2022 1:25 PM PDT

Well, this is for my wife (Zinetha). ESO furnishing item - 9.9 million gold for a Velothi Triptych (geyser) bartered down from 12mil. She is big time into housing and makes quite a bit of gold.

• 256 posts
    May 2, 2022 1:28 PM PDT

5 million gold, in WoW, for the "limited time" auction house mount. Then another 1 million gold on WoW tokens for the collector's edition of Shadowlands.

This post was edited by FatedEmperor at May 2, 2022 1:28 PM PDT
    • 97 posts
    May 2, 2022 2:59 PM PDT

Tyretius said:

1 billion credits (auction house cap) in SWTOR for the Force Slayer lightsaber which was virtually taken off the loot table in patch 3.0/4.0 (I forget which) years ago from open world content.

Lol nice, 

Mine was 8 million credits for the Watchman’s Mediation Hoverchair

This post was edited by Jiub at May 2, 2022 4:15 PM PDT
    • 560 posts
    May 2, 2022 4:20 PM PDT

I am not all that into confutation in groups so I normally never loot unless I really need it. This rules out loot for cash items for the most part. For this reason, the most expensive item I played a role in purchasing was purchased by my guild instead. It was a high-level wizard nuke in EQ. I do not recall it being that much but I have no idea how much. Maybe 100k or 20k. I really do not remember.

• 454 posts
    May 2, 2022 5:42 PM PDT

I am perpetually broke.  The one thing I dislike about every mmo I have played is how hard it is...for me...to accumulate money.   Too much like RL. Ha ha.

• 161 posts
    May 2, 2022 7:35 PM PDT
    Took months starting from scratch on an older server in EQ1 a couple of decades ago. Started selling bone chips and spider silk, and eventually flipping hit point gear until I had a million platinum, back when that meant something.

Spent it on an Earring of Living Slime, and then paid for a Server Transfer to get it back to my Mage.
    • 258 posts
    May 3, 2022 1:31 AM PDT
    I believe the only expensive item I've bought in EverQuest was the Crown of Fire Nimbus for 1.5 million platinum. That's honestly the only itwm I remember haha. I never been a big spender in MMOs unless I really really wanted something.
    • 2756 posts
    May 3, 2022 4:13 AM PDT

I've had some moderate interest and success in 'trading' in MMOs, but never enough to make some of the 'big' purchases.

I'm willing to grind for hours, days and weeks to make a difficult 'achievement' (and get an item for myself), but I've never seen the point in spending hours, days and weeks grinding or trading for cash in a game about 'adventure'.

• 161 posts
    May 4, 2022 11:32 AM PDT

For me, it was part of being a Dwarf. As a worshipper of Brell, God of the Underworld, I believed that all precious metals and every gem and jewel in existence "belonged" underground, from whence it came.  It was my religious duty to return as much of it as possible.

So Balanz, and later Dachk, were Dwarven Merchants.

I built multiple fortunes from the insight that the leading cause of character death was insufficient Hit Points. I looked at the entire inventory of the Bazaar in terms of how many Hit Points did it grant, and this enabled me to identify items that were being sold for less than they were worth, buy them, and resell them at a more proper price.

So farming platinum was more about flipping gear, and less about killing monsters. At least for Dachk.

This post was edited by Balanz at May 4, 2022 11:33 AM PDT
    • 724 posts
    May 4, 2022 11:52 PM PDT

I think that would be in EVE. I never got the really big or advanced ships but even standard battle ships cost a fair amount there.

• 690 posts
    May 5, 2022 9:15 PM PDT

I bought a really powerful pet in roblox for my nephew

Oh you said "in-game" money. Right. My Bad.

For me it was probably when I tunnel ratted long enough to buy a fungi tunic. It was honestly too much tunnel ratting, even for me. Eq had a big difference in price between the absolute most desired stuff and everything else, without much inbetween.

It still did feel like quite the achievement, though!

This post was edited by BeaverBiscuit at May 6, 2022 6:29 PM PDT
    • 295 posts
    May 5, 2022 10:45 PM PDT

I don't make a lot of money in MMOs. I think I spent like 50K+ gold in WoW buying some gear from the AH. I think it was during the Lich King expansion. I spent a lot of time making that gold. I didn't raid so it wasn't easy.