Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Just came back after a few years

• 72 posts
    April 22, 2022 11:32 PM PDT

I just watched a stream from I think 2020 and could not believe how beautiful and detailed the world was.  A group of like 6 were exploring through cave system fighting dwarves and wolves.  What really struck me was the attention to detail.  The players in plate were all shiney and as other players cast spells that had a lighting effect, you could see traces of the light on the armor, it made me feel good that someone was going to such lengths and detail and had such a good pride of work to get that detail in.

The only thing that I hope gets changed is that when you climb, you really should not be able to climb unless you sling your shield on your back and stow weapons so you can use both hands to climb. It was a bit of a stretch to see people in full plate with shields and swords in hands scaling rock walls like spider man.  I am a year or so behind so if this mechanic has been changed, all good.

Cant wait to catch up on some more recent streams.

• 441 posts
    April 23, 2022 6:41 AM PDT

Allot has changed over the past couple of years. I would try this youtube channel to help get caught up

(8) BazgrimTV - YouTube

• 256 posts
    April 23, 2022 9:06 AM PDT

A bunch of systems have been worked on and improved upon in the last couple of years.

Animations in general have seen a bunch of work, and will most likely continue to see work until the end of the alpha period. I am not really sure how climbing animation has changed in the last couple of years, but I would think that held weapons would be sheathed while climbing. 

Right now there is a massive push to get the game Alpha ready. You should check out some of the recent newsletters when you get a chance. 

• 2078 posts
    April 23, 2022 1:18 PM PDT

At one point is was confirmed by VR that characters will definitely sheath weapons (and I believe shield as well), they just haven't gotten around to adding that in yet.

Welcome back!

This post was edited by Jothany at April 23, 2022 1:18 PM PDT
    • 80 posts
    April 24, 2022 5:50 PM PDT

Alot of people leave only to return when they have more time or money. I myself am back after a short hiatus. Had money issues but sometime in the past managed to pay for a black rose pledge in full(!) so after multiple attempts at triumvirate (and failing) and a number of tickets to support about account issues I have a black rose pledge to fall upon and this is where I will stay. It's also my favorite pledge out there (because of the black rose name plaque), so I get to be pledged-up and see all the new stuff VR has during this development stage as well as prepare for Alpha-1.

Welcome back as well!

This post was edited by OmegaBeam at April 24, 2022 5:51 PM PDT
    • 258 posts
    April 24, 2022 9:37 PM PDT

I'm happy to hear that you like what you've seen from what they've showedcased since your hiatus. 

Welcome back to the forums and I hope you enjoy your stay!

• 97 posts
    April 26, 2022 12:10 PM PDT

Hiatuses are good! I take them often and come back to see what's new. It's difficult to think about Pantheon every day and not be excited about it.