Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Alternative worlds

• 727 posts
    April 14, 2022 11:45 AM PDT

There is a kid in our hospital for a few days, he'll be fine and no need to transfer to Boston, and he is bored but being entertained by nurses here and there.  Mom works two jobs so not always there.  

I gave him my switch with Zelda BOTW.  Today the nurses say he has been almost happy to have to stay here under observation.  

This game/world he is now in/experiencing is the feeling we chase sometimes to escape the troubles of the world.

I just wanted to express that supporting this game being built by the fine people at Visionary Realms will bring fun and escape for many years to many people.  I'm exceedingly pleased that no chat of NFT and in-game purchasing/pay to win malarkey is present.   

I am very happy that this game is being created and have high hopes for success and popularity.  

This is art of the creative and complex.

Just wanted to let you all at VR know, I believe in your endeavors.

Thanks

This post was edited by StoneFish at April 14, 2022 11:47 AM PDT
    • 2078 posts
    April 14, 2022 12:07 PM PDT

That's really cool of you to do that man. Makes me even happier to consider you one of my friends.

Carry On!

This post was edited by Jothany at April 14, 2022 12:08 PM PDT
    • 56 posts
    April 14, 2022 1:28 PM PDT
    While games are a great place to escape the harshness of daily life let's not downplay how good it is to receive some kindness and compassion from a stranger.

• 258 posts
    April 14, 2022 1:32 PM PDT

StoneFish said:

There is a kid in our hospital for a few days, he'll be fine and no need to transfer to Boston, and he is bored but being entertained by nurses here and there.  Mom works two jobs so not always there.  

I gave him my switch with Zelda BOTW.  Today the nurses say he has been almost happy to have to stay here under observation.  

This game/world he is now in/experiencing is the feeling we chase sometimes to escape the troubles of the world.

I just wanted to express that supporting this game being built by the fine people at Visionary Realms will bring fun and escape for many years to many people.  I'm exceedingly pleased that no chat of NFT and in-game purchasing/pay to win malarkey is present.   

I am very happy that this game is being created and have high hopes for success and popularity.  

This is art of the creative and complex.

Just wanted to let you all at VR know, I believe in your endeavors.

Thanks

Much <3 Homie! I'm pleased to hear that you did that for that kid. We need more people like you, bro :)

• 326 posts
    April 14, 2022 5:00 PM PDT

"be excellent to each other"

• 173 posts
    April 15, 2022 5:39 AM PDT

@StoneFish: you, sir, are a great man!

• 223 posts
    April 17, 2022 6:37 PM PDT

That's a wonderful gesture. I'm sure you made that kid's day and gave the staff faith in humanity. Hats off to you sir.