Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Opinion - What did you think?

• 9115 posts
    March 17, 2022 4:04 AM PDT

Community Opinion - What did you think of our latest HDRP 2 video? Can you picture your character getting caught in a storm or running to make the Inn before nightfall? let us know below! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hmzhs0pCt0E #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

• 256 posts
    March 17, 2022 4:22 AM PDT

I think the world is starting to show its first breaths of life. 

The previous streams showing off some of the world have been awesome, but the wind, weather, and day/night cycle give the world a sense of realness. 

I really can't wait to experience these elements firsthand.

• 810 posts
    March 17, 2022 4:30 AM PDT

I hope soloing is dangerous and soloing at night is just suicidal :D  I look forward to a group traveling at night.  The group arguing over who should carry lights only to walk right into danger.  Eventually they set up a campfire or borrow an NPC's camp so the group has an area of light out in the wilderness.  

I am so tired of the train everywhere MMO trope.  Dangerous mobs + true darkness is going to make MMOs exciting again.

Will rain impact climbing?  Wet surfaces being harder to climb.

We need to see the polished armor next to some wizard spells like lightning.  I am curious how that will look. 

• 430 posts
    March 17, 2022 6:37 AM PDT

I thought the HDRP 2 was so great I upgraded my pledge :)

Love that darkness is really dark , the weather was great leaves blowing in the wind trees swaying .  Very immersive !

• 3852 posts
    March 17, 2022 8:38 AM PDT

>I hope soloing is dangerous and soloing at night is just suicidal>

A game can focus on group play without going overboard to prevent players from even wanting to log in on days when they don't have the time to group or expect too many interruptions for it to be fair for them to group. 

Preventing us from even wandering around enjoying the world unless we are able to group with other people that want to see the same exact areas seems a bit misguided. Maybe more than a bit.

This post was edited by dorotea at March 17, 2022 8:38 AM PDT
    • 810 posts
    March 17, 2022 10:19 AM PDT

dorotea said:

Preventing us from even wandering around enjoying the world unless we are able to group with other people that want to see the same exact areas seems a bit misguided. Maybe more than a bit.

The world is dangerous or its not.  If its not dangerous then ignore the mobs and train everywhere like every other MMO.  If whats in the dark can't kill you the darkness isnt thematic or scary its just an annoyance.

I hope solo players never stray too far from the guards without great risk especially at night.  If you want to explore safely while solo go to grey zones.

This post was edited by Jobeson at March 17, 2022 10:20 AM PDT
    • 752 posts
    March 17, 2022 10:20 AM PDT

Love the weather system!! more...more...more!!

• 727 posts
    March 17, 2022 10:55 AM PDT

Loved the video.  I'll put it on the big screen when I get home (just me sitting 12 inches from the tv) . 

It is clearly a big world where you'll loose yourself in adventure and challenge.  

I can't wait to die on those hills in the forests and within the deep. 

• 2074 posts
    March 17, 2022 3:05 PM PDT

I think that the amount of exploration I now want to do may take so long that I NEVER get to level cap!

Good work, Team!!

• 363 posts
    March 17, 2022 3:21 PM PDT

Jothany said:

I think that the amount of exploration I now want to do may take so long that I NEVER get to level cap!

Good work, Team!!

I feel exactly the same way!!

• 454 posts
    March 17, 2022 3:21 PM PDT

There was a lot to like on the HDRPII stream.  My favorite by far was night time, especially with the rain/thunder/lightning!  Just awesome.

• 2074 posts
    March 17, 2022 5:28 PM PDT

I also want to say to VR that my absolute fav part of the stream was the night time portion of the full Day/Night cycle. As an amateur astronomer since my teenage years, when the sky turned black and the stars came out, I lost awareness of everything around me (immersion ho!) and stared in awe at the screen until the rising sun washed them away. You guys NAILED IT!

My FIRST goal when I get ingame will be to find a 'safe' spot with a wide view of the sky, lay down, and watch an entire night cycle of stars. Repeatedly.

• 146 posts
    March 18, 2022 12:34 PM PDT

Since no one else has mentioned the fog.. omg, I can't wait to experience it in-game.

Now imagining fog at night? I'm not a fan of horror games, so I can already imagine how scary it's going to feel unless I'm in a group. Alone? I think I'm just going to stay in a city.

Ah.. who am I kidding? I'm going to die so much and love every moment!