Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Bilbo's Bedtime Sconce

• 295 posts
    March 16, 2022 12:28 AM PDT

How has the latest stream affected your perception(see what I did there?) of Terminus and what areas are you looking forward to seeing in the new HDRP?

I have watched the HDRP 2 stream about 4 times now. 3 of the original and one with Bazgrim; as well as the many other content creators who have shown clips. In trying to find a topic, one that stands out is the profoundly immersive mood the fog scene puts me in. Thinking about other areas in the game world covered in this thickly dense mist, I considered the Mad Moor. Combining what we saw in the Wild's End stream showing video of the Mad Moor with the mood affecting fog of the HDRP 2 stream puts me in a cautiously thrilled frame of mind. Imagine being a Halfling party in Wild's End making your first sojourn into the Mad Moor. The sullen and foreboding biome of the moor covered in thick fog. The din of crickets too large for comfort, the cries and wailing of creatures or unnatural beasts in the distance. It all comes together for a truly foreboding exploration. 

Imagining it all brings excitement and fear. Not to mention a strong desire to pack my custom designed, Wild's End Night Light in preparation for what's to come...because the night will be dark and full of terrors.

This post was edited by Dikenzu at March 16, 2022 11:11 PM PDT
    • 2075 posts
    March 16, 2022 10:42 AM PDT

Well my plans for exploration just expanded considerably.

I already had started planning that when exploring new and potentially deadly places I should always aim for my first visit to be in daytime. Then once I'm confident with what I might face there in the day, go back and revisit all the PoIs, NPCs, Perception pings and spawn points at night.

Now, the night time needs revisiting twice, on dark nights and on moonlit nights.

But Holy Moly! With fog and storms in the equation, those of us who want to find absolutely everything Terminus has to offer need to revisit all of the day AND night locations again when fog or storms are present.

I think I'll be taking even longer than anticipated to reach level cap :)

• 9115 posts
    March 16, 2022 5:34 PM PDT

Moved to General Pantheon Discussions as News and Announcements is for VR staff only.

• 2138 posts
    March 16, 2022 8:46 PM PDT

Fog-lights. When you have a light on, you cant see far ahead in a fog. But if something glows like from moonlight which they say is going to happen. Im imagiining in a fog it will be seen like a beacon as the light will have a chance to reflect off all the small droplets. If using the glowing plants as reference points, shoudl a cloud pass over(under) the moon, all would go black and you would be lost. But the cloud would bring wind or rain which could disperse the fog but you would lose the glow- it was over that way sort of. Rainbows? only in the fog can you see Moonbows. Somehow I see Moonbows as muted black-light pastels. 

• 295 posts
    March 16, 2022 11:17 PM PDT

Jothany said:

I already had started planning that when exploring new and potentially deadly places I should always aim for my first visit to be in daytime. Then once I'm confident with what I might face there in the day, go back and revisit all the PoIs, NPCs, Perception pings and spawn points at night.

Now, the night time needs revisiting twice, on dark nights and on moonlit nights.

But Holy Moly! With fog and storms in the equation, those of us who want to find absolutely everything Terminus has to offer need to revisit all of the day AND night locations again when fog or storms are present.

Exactly! My exploration time has increased significantly. And, this is just what we know about now. I may set the record for longest stay below level 20...lol 

• 727 posts
    March 17, 2022 11:23 AM PDT

I'm with you on the Mad Moor trip into the fog.  If I could turn XP off at time I'd do that just to ensure the challenge is extended in an area I like.  

• 363 posts
    March 17, 2022 3:28 PM PDT

Dikenzu said:

Jothany said:

Exactly! My exploration time has increased significantly. And, this is just what we know about now. I may set the record for longest stay below level 20...lol 

1000% agree!! I honestly do not care if it takes me 3 years to cap...exploring the world will mean so much to me.

• 454 posts
    March 17, 2022 3:55 PM PDT

Exploring everywhere is gonna be so much fun!