Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

List of Guild tools we want implemented

• 2074 posts
    March 17, 2022 1:47 PM PDT

BeaverBiscuit said: How is citing an actual study not constructive?

Well I could be totally wrong, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet that where you said:

You wouldn't believe the look of disgust on my face reading this. I prefer to pretend that this doesn't exist. If I feel forced to do any of this crap for buffs or whatever, I'm out of Pantheon.

is what Old Tony is calling "non constructive criticism". For the perfectly good reason that it is.

• 690 posts
    March 18, 2022 2:33 PM PDT

Jothany said:

BeaverBiscuit said: How is citing an actual study not constructive?

Well I could be totally wrong, but if I were a betting man, I'd bet that where you said:

You wouldn't believe the look of disgust on my face reading this. I prefer to pretend that this doesn't exist. If I feel forced to do any of this crap for buffs or whatever, I'm out of Pantheon.

is what Old Tony is calling "non constructive criticism". For the perfectly good reason that it is.

It's not constructive to say what you aren't willing to put up with in a development forum? Particularly when it serves as a tldr for what comes next?

• 2074 posts
    March 18, 2022 4:12 PM PDT

BeaverBiscuit said: It's not constructive to say what you aren't willing to put up with in a development forum? Particularly when it serves as a tldr for what comes next?

Are you really unable to grasp the difference between disagreeing with an opinion on its merits and describing that opinion as crap that disgusts you?

• 9115 posts
    March 18, 2022 4:44 PM PDT

Let's bring it back on topic and remove the personal discussions/arguments. please.

• 15 posts
    March 19, 2022 10:13 PM PDT

BeaverBiscuit said:

Or are you just going to state your opinion, as the future guild leader of Los Tercios, as fact, and then call that the only constructive point of view because your playstyle is the only constructive play style?

I am not in any way trying to state how "Los Tercios" guild will be run because that depends on a quite big bunch of people. In fact id love to see a lot of tools implemented which i know i am not going to use, but i also know take lots of time to account and organise out of the game itself.

It has been said that an integrated point system will be seen as VR encouraging the use of it. My view is that target gamers of Pantheon RotF are mature enough to choose which toold they want to use and which not, but, still this being a problem, the more different tools, the better for everyone if the UI can hold them clean enough. That i let developers decide.
    This said: My main focus in any of previously stated suggestions came from the experience in the amounts of time spent in MMORPGS since 1999. I think we all agree that (sadly) we dont have as much time as we had in our 20s and id love to spend at least 90% of the time playing the actual game, looking at Termunis and not excels or other managing tools. So when people say they hate those politics, points, guild potion/whatever supply, etc... i kind to agree with them all, but in the way that would be awesome to see all kinds of guilds from "indie" to "corporation" able to satisfy their different level of organization without anyone having to virtually work as a part time secretary, HHRR, Manager, etc... lets leave that for real life.

I really can't wait to lose myself in Terminus, i think that applies to us all right? 

• 1303 posts
    March 20, 2022 7:04 AM PDT

OldTony said:

I really can't wait to lose myself in Terminus, i think that applies to us all right? 

Agreed, 100%. 

However, for me that means getting lost in the world. And in any game that has copious interfaces to manage (replace) human interactions, I feel I'm being drug out of the game world and into utilities. I find most of these kinds of things to be distracting, annoying. Most importantly I find them counterproductive to engagement with the community rather than facilitating it. This opinion goes for guild tools, dungeon finders, auction house interfaces, teleporters, etc. They are all means to streamline the game, and I get it. But the foundation for all are also methods to avoid actually talking to people. 

This post was edited by Feyshtey at March 20, 2022 7:05 AM PDT