Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Community Debate - If you had the ability to pick one...

• 9115 posts
    February 3, 2022 3:59 AM PST

Community Debate - If you had the ability to pick one GM power to secretly add to your characters abilities for one week before being found out, what would you choose and why? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

• 258 posts
    February 3, 2022 6:08 AM PST
    Probably fix a quest log. I've always known that GM have some cool abilities but I can't imagine what actual cool abilities that would fall into but sounds magical to me. Although maybe putting an item in someone's bag.
    • 902 posts
    February 3, 2022 6:12 AM PST

The ability to create mob raids (as in mobs raiding a specific area, not creating a raid zone as such). 

I would love to be able to set off a small scale battle somewhere. Set size, mob levels and direction, and let them at it. :D

This post was edited by chenzeme at February 3, 2022 6:13 AM PST
    • 810 posts
    February 3, 2022 6:44 AM PST

Most weeks it would be entirely worthless but I would take the gamble.   It would be so satisfying to implement the instant karma of the Ban Hammer.  No waiting for a report and then seeing a slap on the wrist because no one can be sure who is telling the truth. 

What happened to DannyDorrito?  I guess a GM witnessed him training people...

This post was edited by Jobeson at February 3, 2022 6:44 AM PST
    • 2419 posts
    February 3, 2022 7:16 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Community Debate - If you had the ability to pick one GM power to secretly add to your characters abilities for one week before being found out, what would you choose and why? #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

Oh, /delevel Target.  I target any PC or NPC, type /delevel and the entity automatically becomes that level.  Of course I would just default it to 1.

• 3852 posts
    February 3, 2022 7:23 AM PST

None. The phrase "before being found out" confirms that the hypothesis is an exploit in violation of the code of conduct and I am strongly lawful good when it comes to such things.

• 83 posts
    February 3, 2022 7:56 AM PST

The ability to spawn level 100 creatures out in the wild. Makes players be on their toes and the world less boring. "Respect the environment" :P

• 394 posts
    February 3, 2022 9:39 AM PST

Much like the real life super power I'd like, the ghost skills to not be seen, fly around enjoying the view of everyone/everything and explore without things getting in my way.

• 2756 posts
    February 3, 2022 9:43 AM PST

The ability to inhabit and play an NPC/monster is so wonderful. It would be fun to scare and/or confuse players, but also would feel awesome to know you are breathing life and wonder into the game for them.

This post was edited by disposalist at February 3, 2022 9:43 AM PST
    • 394 posts
    February 3, 2022 9:45 AM PST

I would just make Project M 2.0 for that one.

• 2138 posts
    February 3, 2022 10:38 AM PST

complete invisibility and annonymity and the ability to take over NPC's operate them and instantly add to loot table of said NPC's from a dropdown labeled with rare to common. Also, able to eavesdrop on group conversations and specific area chatter at will.

That way, I can go into an area where there are people, and observe and do things that I feel are appropriate. 

oh? was that a KS? well I bet you're wondering why this 3 level higher caster decided to come down to this area and get aggroed by you. Kudos if you live.

This other group has been working in earnest for a quest piece, always seeming to get interrupted by offering buffs or being asked for buffs, people leaving group but they always take in new comers even those 10 levels lower and make a go of it. I hope they notice this goblin limping toward them as the other NPC's in the area "seem" to have wandered off, carrying this strange weapon the warrior may like and holding some very nice jewelry each of the classes will like.

• 729 posts
    February 3, 2022 11:30 AM PST
    Ban or suspend accounts.
    • 326 posts
    February 3, 2022 11:54 AM PST

"before being found out"

gonna pass on this setup...heh

• VR Staff
    • 354 posts
    February 3, 2022 12:04 PM PST

StoneFish said: Ban or suspend accounts.

Sounds like someone wants a CS job :)

• 729 posts
    February 3, 2022 2:01 PM PST

Artois said:

StoneFish said: Ban or suspend accounts.

Sounds like someone wants a CS job :)

This is only because I don't want any GM skills, I just want to take the world as created, but...I really don't like when I witness malicious behavior without the power to intervene.  If I could suspend a few trolls for a week, send them to a corner to think about what they have done, I would be so pleased.  

Plus ban any fool who dares to steal my banana nut bread, you know who you are...

This post was edited by StoneFish at February 3, 2022 2:01 PM PST
    • 41 posts
    February 3, 2022 7:23 PM PST

Instant kill all characters on the server.

• 690 posts
    February 3, 2022 9:00 PM PST

0 collision

lemme explore!

• 220 posts
    February 3, 2022 11:41 PM PST

i would choose HP/MP Drain 70% each attack landed.

Each time I hit a target I get 70% HP/MP restored.

Edit: only because I played moonlight sculpture, you roll for stats on your gear and if you get lucky you'll be OP. It's built into the game not cheat it's fun mowing everything!

This post was edited by AbsoluteTerror at February 3, 2022 11:49 PM PST
    • 793 posts
    February 4, 2022 6:22 AM PST

Like Manouk, I'd like to be able to watch anonymously and invisble, as people or groups took on challenges of the world, just as a spectator.

• 135 posts
    February 4, 2022 8:11 AM PST

1 charge of "GM Kill 2.0".

Some people want to watch the world burn... after they've set it on fire!

• 413 posts
    February 4, 2022 2:19 PM PST

The abilty to change dispostions of MOBS during  mid-battle on unsuspecting groups.

Then observe the outcomes  ...lol

This post was edited by Zevlin at February 4, 2022 2:20 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    February 4, 2022 6:14 PM PST

Duderino said:

Instant kill all characters on the server.

So... GM 2.0 :)

• 9115 posts
    February 4, 2022 6:15 PM PST

Some of you are scary, I like it! :D

• 80 posts
    February 4, 2022 7:28 PM PST

The neverwinter nights aurora toolset allows builders to make swords, name them, and add any property(s) to them then implement them in-game. If GM powers can do this for Pantheon, I would make myself a +5 Holy Avenger with a thousand properties.

• 520 posts
    February 5, 2022 3:58 AM PST

I'm with @dorotea on this one, but the mighty hammer of justice aka ability to ban and suspend trolls is tempting!