Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

A Class Act

• 295 posts
    December 17, 2021 5:27 PM PST

Arguably the most popular streams are the ones that show gameplay. Whether its Cohh, Jim Lee, Community Streamers or just the Devs it is always a treat seeing these. Most recently the Monk was added as an option to go along with the Dire Lord, Rogue, Shaman, Enchanter and Wizard. With the Network stack hopefully done, there will be a gameplay stream forthcoming sometime in 2022. The classes already in the works for the earliest releases(and, therefore available for the first stream) are the Paladin(woot), Cleric(woot woot), Ranger, Warrior, updated Wizard and Summoner. If I missed one(I think I did, but trying to go off of memory) please comment.

What party makeup would you like to see in the first gameplay stream of 2022? 

• 810 posts
    December 17, 2021 5:47 PM PST

I want to see a party of 5 monks all zerging things down.  I think it would be pretty funny and realistic to the odd groups that sometimes pop up in game.  Just FD when your HP gets low!

• 256 posts
    December 26, 2021 3:35 AM PST

I have two comps 

Realistic comp
    1. Ranger  
    1. Wizard
    1. Enchanter
    1. Shaman
    1. Direlord
    1. Monk 

Unrealistic comp
    1. Summoner
    1. Druid
    1. Warrior
    1. Paladin
    1. Bard
    1. Necromancer
    XD

This post was edited by FatedEmperor at December 26, 2021 3:36 AM PST
    • 295 posts
    December 26, 2021 1:22 PM PST

FatedEmperor said:

I have two comps 

Realistic comp
    1. Ranger  
    1. Wizard
    1. Enchanter
    1. Shaman
    1. Direlord
    1. Monk 

Unrealistic comp
    1. Summoner
    1. Druid
    1. Warrior
    1. Paladin
    1. Bard
    1. Necromancer
    XD

Nice list. I look forward to seeing both of yours in a future stream.

• 295 posts
    December 26, 2021 1:26 PM PST

My wishlist would be 

• Paladin
    • Cleric
    • Ranger
    • Rogue
    • Summoner
    • Wizard
    • 86 posts
    December 27, 2021 9:34 AM PST

Warrior

Direlord

Cleric

Wizard

Rogue

Summoner

• 2138 posts
    December 27, 2021 4:04 PM PST

Blind group.(s?)

The available classes are laid out. No one talks to each other at the start. Everyone logs in as if newbs- choosing whatever class/race they want-then they mic up and....

There will need to be- a streamer maybe? or a fantheon?, Dev?  that will NOT be playing but will be overseeing what is presented: Initially we will see a screen, split into 6 or 8 (however many in the group) showing each of the group members and where they are- then the "overseer" can choose from those 6 or 8 what will be seen on the main screen that we will be viewing. While mods watch chat and try to provide feedback and direction. overseer can choose one char or split to two/three, whatever. If two meet up one or the other, can focus on one to see what is being done based on mod feedback from chat.

Yes it would be very busy and complex from an organizational and detailed perspective. But I also think it would be neat from a go-with-the-flow/random perspective because I think it would just be as entertaining randomly flipping to various player characters and glancing at chat at that moment to get a general feel to the clamor in chat, dealing with it as best as possible and then moving on unless there is a groudswell of clamor from chat and heading back to that character.

It could be a very non-standard group. Once they find each other and group up, Joppa or whomever can appear and *bamf* them to a spot and say "try this". Once everyone finds themselves they may even swap classes depending on whos playing like if there are 3 groups. I think this would also show a "natural" social aspect to it, the need to talk, by swapping classes from non standard groups when two groups meet somewhere. while at the same time showing that non-standard groups can do stuff, while at the same time still showing how the fight/game style changes. 3 wizzy's a chanter and 2 rogues? they have to talk it out. 5 clerics and a warrior? how can they speed things up.

This post was edited by Manouk at December 27, 2021 4:08 PM PST