• 303 posts
    December 16, 2021 12:09 PM PST

Sounds/looks pretty dope tbh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO6nWx9u7TA

what do you think?

This post was edited by Spluffen at December 16, 2021 12:10 PM PST
    • 66 posts
    December 16, 2021 1:51 PM PST

Its an interesting idea and big D&D fans might find it an interesting twist on the standard D&D experience.

Based on the described vision it is clearly a niche market game, I just hope it isn't too niche.

• 560 posts
    December 17, 2021 11:15 AM PST

I am glad to see others games being developed like this. Thanks for posting I am not sure I would have found the game otherwise. Pantheon planed game mechanics sound better if you ask me but still nice to see.

• 1860 posts
    December 17, 2021 2:17 PM PST

It looks interesting but I have a lot of questions...

Q.When will the game release?

We are planning on launching in Q3 of 2023.

I'll believe it when I see it.

We are 100% committed to no pay to win, no cosmetic purchases, no level skipping, nothing. Everything including cosmetically appealing items, MUST be earned in-game.

That sounds good.  Better than Pantheon who has mentioned the possibility of a cosmetic cash shop multiple times over the last few years.  Also, Dragnarox will be 9.99$/month sub fee.  Seems cheap.  Maybe that is the monthly cost for a year sub or something and shorter subs are more?

Q. Do you have a kickstarter?

War of Dragnorox is privately funded 100% to completion. There is no kickstarter or crowd funding for the game.

By whom?

Actual real life "dungeon masters" are constantly controlling gameplay and elements within the world. 

This might be burying the lead but...this isn't realistic.  They won't have the man power to accomplish that well.  Even if they did it opens up so much potential for imbalance.   In a world where players want to be on a level playing field with everyone else (no buying power from cash shops etc) having variance between "DMs" is problematic.   It just won't work well for a number of reasons...

No in game map.  No Auction House.  Open world.  19 raids on release. :  Those may be positives or negatives depending on your personal perspective.

Like many games in development it seems like there is potential there but we will see.

This post was edited by philo at December 17, 2021 2:46 PM PST
    • 303 posts
    December 18, 2021 4:01 PM PST

Yea a lot of it sounds way too optimistic, thats for sure. I'd happily eat my words on that though.

Really fun to see another dungeon/raid/pve/whatever-focused indie game, though. I feel like most new announcements are more the UO style rather than the EQ one.