Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Tavern Talk - If you were given 2 hours

• 8 posts
    December 9, 2021 5:17 PM PST

Hmm, I would probably still attempt to level up a charactor as fast as I can just to see the challenges there within the first couple hours. I would make a random character that I otherwise wouldn't play in a serious setting but play it to the best of my ability to get an idea of whats to come when I play more seriously as a Tank class. 

This post was edited by Jaetonik at December 9, 2021 5:21 PM PST
    • 624 posts
    December 9, 2021 8:15 PM PST

Find a pub, perform my favorite Thronefast tunes, invite others in to relax a bit and hear tall tales of grand adventures.

Bards - go figure!

Making my group look good, while looking good... 

• 326 posts
    December 9, 2021 10:15 PM PST

Probably never make it out of character creation in that time frame...

• 295 posts
    December 9, 2021 11:43 PM PST

Create my Paladin and go out exploring. The game is promoting itself to be an adventure, so I would want to eperience as much of that within the time frame as possible. Also testing out my toolkit and the many systems like combat AI, perception, crafting etc. 

I would probably be in overload mode because I'm trying to do everything at once...lol

• 394 posts
    December 10, 2021 8:31 AM PST

After thinking on it, I'd most likely run far and wide taking in as much of the world as I could in the short time limit.

Even through multiple deaths and trains.

• 729 posts
    December 10, 2021 9:16 AM PST

From what I'm seeing here I expect a 2 hour window would produce a horde of naked avatars running in all directions.  It would be glorious. 

• 888 posts
    December 10, 2021 3:04 PM PST
    Explore as much territory as possible, getting lost in my imagination.
    • 438 posts
    December 10, 2021 3:15 PM PST
    Probably start mapping things and hope they’re somewhat usable come launch
    • 23 posts
    December 11, 2021 6:46 AM PST

I'd probably run off a cliff somehow and spend the rest of the time on a ledge, trying to furiously climb back up to the top of it!

• 810 posts
    December 11, 2021 1:05 PM PST

If I am dropped in a starting city I would check to see if it is populated with NPCs.  Hail every NPC to try to gain information about the world and climb pretty much everything. 

If the cities are largely vacant of NPCs and lore sources then I would probably run around as a monk and play with combat mechanics. 

Warning, if a background NPC yells at me for climbing his book case, just try taking the game away from me after only 2 hours :D.

• 124 posts
    December 11, 2021 1:22 PM PST
    I would absolutely go to Thronefast! The stream with CohhCarnage (four years ago now!), entitled 'Making of a City' is still my favourite, even to this day. I'd love to see whether the city looks anything like the images that stream conjoured up in my mind at the time.

I'd also hunt for the perfect spot for a permanent Roenick corpse monument.

This post was edited by Shadowbound at December 11, 2021 1:22 PM PST
    • 454 posts
    December 12, 2021 12:44 PM PST

Explore, explore, explore!  Just soak it all in.  Climb every rockface,  swim in every lake, marvel at each tree, search for caves, open doors, greet other players.  Yay!

• 2090 posts
    December 12, 2021 1:18 PM PST

I don't want to spoil the 'newness' of the world for myself, so I wouldn't do much sightseeing. Mostly I'd explore options for the characters I want to play at launch. I already have a plan on which Race I'll use for each Class, but not having been ingame yet means those plans are only tentative. So I'd go create versions of each Race that can be a particular Class I want to play. I'd compare their starting stats and gear, and look at the resources available in their starting cities. Since I plan to play 5-10 different Classes, this could easily use up my 2 hours.