Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Are We Becoming More Pantheon Patient?

• 902 posts
    November 18, 2021 2:38 AM PST

My main pont was that a presented fact that comes without evidence is hearsay. Anyone can put up a figure and claim it to be fact, but it isn't. Even my figures (as you point out) are not the complete picture (as I too point out). But they are better than a gut feeling. I agree it is an outlier point, but I do feel that there are too many unjustified statements presented as facts and I, for one, will call out the ones I think are incorrect and justify that reasoning when I come across them.

Back on topic, I'm still Pantheon patient.

• 1860 posts
    November 18, 2021 3:12 AM PST

Presented facts? This thread is literally asking for opinions.  

I'm interested in everyone's opinion on this:

I'm not sure where the disconnect is?  Are you referring to something specific?  Knowing some of the recent conversations going on about pantheon on other forums does kind of put this thread in perspective.

This post was edited by philo at November 18, 2021 3:16 AM PST
    • 3852 posts
    November 18, 2021 9:10 AM PST

Let's try and keep on topic - the topic being patience or lack thereof. 

I would consider it inevitable that many old-timers have written off, if not the game itself than the value of participating in or even reading these forums. Even the most positive possible spin on how development has gone must necessarily admit that it has taken longer than either fans or developers had ever expected. The game may well be better than anyone had hoped for and recent progress and increased openness have been much welcomed but even today alpha is not something that can be expected within a few months. 

Those who have left the forums may well return when alpha hits - or beta - or actual release of the game itself. For now there are three types of posters. Those that are necessarily patient. Those that are impatient and either silent or focused on positive aspects, believing that highlighting any negative aspects serves neither themselves or Pantheon. Those that are visibly impatient. The last category is easily the smallest since after a while almost all of its members move to category 2.

• 902 posts
    November 18, 2021 9:29 AM PST

Presented facts? This thread is literally asking for opinions.

You're the one who said 95% (which looks like a presented fact to me!). I was just pointing out your inaccuracies.

This post was edited by chenzeme at November 18, 2021 9:29 AM PST
    • 1860 posts
    November 18, 2021 9:39 AM PST

67% of estimated stats are innacurate.  Understand the meaning instead of nit picking made up percentages.  It's a lot...

• 902 posts
    November 18, 2021 10:09 AM PST

Pointing out an incorrect statement  is not nit picking. I understand your point, but it was a big exaggeration. Learn to take a criticism. 

• 1860 posts
    November 18, 2021 10:27 AM PST

It went from a fact to an exaggeration hah

This post was edited by philo at November 18, 2021 10:28 AM PST
    • 902 posts
    November 18, 2021 10:35 AM PST

You said 95% as a fact. I said you exaggerated. Sigh!

• 326 posts
    November 23, 2021 10:09 AM PST

"The ox is slow, but the earth is patient."     

Been giving NW a fair shake, as in shaking out the myriad bugs. My wife really likes the climbing in it, and I am looking forward (as in 2024?) to Pantheon's more robust version. As in being patient myself, I was patient with WoW for (far too) many years and finally kicked it to the curb. I have transferred that saintly patientience to Pantheon. Yes, I am dismayed from time to time with the retrograde motion of Pantheon's development, but the path forward now seems bright, if slow. I seldom check the forums here as of late, but always watch the monthly drops on YT and check out Bazgrim when he posts there. Getting an Allakhzam vibe from the Library of Pantheon seeing the light of day.

New blood is still coming in, so welcome one and all! 

• 395 posts
    November 23, 2021 8:55 PM PST

I'm still quietly following and lurking. I have, long ago, accepted that this game will take a good long time to release. It's okay. It's an adjustment. There are other things to occupy myself with in the meantime. Whenever I feel that 'itch' I come here to catch up with bits of news and updates. Pantheon is the only game I have followed like this. I will remain hopeful until the flame burns out.

• 6 posts
    November 26, 2021 2:26 PM PST

I gave a Knights Pledge years ago. Definately lost interest. I don't expect Alpha access anytime soon. Probably for another few YEARS the way it's going.

• 128 posts
    November 26, 2021 4:27 PM PST

To be frank I am not more patient than before, I just lost interest by now due to the extreme time scale that got added to the project. I get why, but I can't say I like it. That and the more I learn about the game and its direction, the less I am sure it will actually be the game I was expecting when I pledged many years ago.

Basically id not call it patient, but more in the lines of "meh. Almost forgot about it anyway, so if it ever gets into an alpha, ill be there. If not, oh well!"

Edit: To give a funny kind of scale how much time went by: When I pledged 100 bucks, it was so much money for me that I had to save 3 months. A week ago I bought property for 1,5mil. Expectations changed in this time frame. Priorities changed, games I like changed and certainly Pantheon changed from an initial idea to something different. Mostly the same, but still different enough that being patient turned into indifference.

This post was edited by Rattenmann at November 26, 2021 5:33 PM PST
    • 19 posts
    November 27, 2021 7:45 PM PST

I'm still super patient waiting on more druid stuff. Like super druid sleeping patient. Dreaming about Patiently being a druid, and seeing/doing druid gameplay. Patiently asking for the beasts of the land to let me pass unhindered while i visit the Wandering Stones. =P 

Otherwise, atm, I just check-in here and there, make a few posts if my brain says so, and continue on my day. Can't say one way or another if im more or less patient because i view it differently in my mind. Always Super excited to see new content and/or updates. Then slightly sad that nothing druid is around. (that i've found recently, only old stuff). But, I keep and shall keep my Faith for the VR team. I may not post or talk often, but always excited and appreciative of you VR. Thanks for your work on this!

• 9 posts
    November 29, 2021 2:33 PM PST

Personally , i think i have come to terms with the fact that these kickstarter games ( and i am invested in both Camelot Unchained and Pantheon) have a very different VISIBLE development cycle than games we have been used to seeing before have. A combination of the fact that you see the game as purely a concept, and start following it at that point, and due to financial constraits the teams are so small that the observable development cycle is at leat 3 or 4 times longer than games that have been developed in house previously. I have come to terms with this, although it has led many to simply write off anything that has been in development as long as CU or pantheon as 'vaporware'. 

It's really hard because at the point you become invested *which for some of us was 5 or 6 years ago, you start to think about playing the game and wanting it to launch and for that reason the wait can seem interminable. You have to learn to become invested, but not too invested. To check up on progress but not to wait with baited breath on dates for alpha.. beta.. release because you are going to become very frustrated, and inevitably will reach a point where you lose faith and move on.

So sit back, relax and enjoy the ride.. wherever it takes you!

• 394 posts
    November 30, 2021 8:26 AM PST

I feel like I have the same level patience as when I pledged.

• 1247 posts
    December 1, 2021 8:07 AM PST

OP- I think what I have seen more than anything is apathy; not really caring one way or the other. With the exception of a few people I have recently replied to, I don't recognize anyone from when I came here seven years ago. Crazy. I don't even consider myself a "gamer," but what I've seen over the many years is people coming, then going. I suppose it's 2021 and there are so many other things to be doing. Every now and then I look at forums, but despite Covid, I am active and travel much more than the average person. Anyhow, that's my take. 

Add: Upon reading recent responses to thread, I'd also like to say something that I think deserves mention: I too am losing interest in Pantheon. I have concerns about the direction it is going. At one time I would have said I was very excited for Pantheon, but I don't feel that magic/excitement anymore. I will say I have met some wonderful people over the years and that the older mmorpg community is truly the best- I personally believe that. 

This post was edited by Syrif at December 1, 2021 8:14 PM PST
    • 264 posts
    December 1, 2021 3:07 PM PST

I would say that I personally am NOT becoming more patient. On the contrary I am losing interest, and I don't like the direction I see things going when I look at the updates. Is it patience or is it people walking away? For me there are no other MMORPGs coming out that I would find fun so it remains on my radar. The last MMO I played was ArcheAge and while it had a lot of really fun elements it was still a Korean P2W game at it's core. Tried FF14 found it unsatisfying haven't played MMOs for about 3 years now. There's New World I suppose, but that game won't have quality PvE content and it's likely to be chock full of P2W crap too. Pantheon has been in development for how many years? How many redesigns? Now they need a publisher? Several classes not finished? Excuse me for being concerned and not having particularly high hopes.

• 200 posts
    December 1, 2021 4:01 PM PST
    I’m calmly waiting and checking out updates when I feel like it. I haven’t bumped into any mmorpg’s for quite a while that scratch my particular itch, and Pantheon still seems like it’d come closest. So definitely looking forward to a time where I can play it.

I’ll reserve the hype for when we get closer. Till then you can have my patient optimism and calm support VR :)
    • 80 posts
    December 1, 2021 4:40 PM PST

The MMO community is larger than you may think.

Sometimes it may "seem" like the community is withdrawing interest slowly in a logarithmic scale but they are just waiting in the background or playing another MMO or online RPG that was newly released at that time while waiting for this one. Ones off the top of my head are New World, Swords of Legends Online, and Ashes of Creation are currently popular. So if there is a decrease in interest for Pantheon, it is likely due to one of these.

But the game must remain strong and plow forward even though the charts may be lower in some months, until that day of beta or beyond where everyone is back in full gear. The point of an MMO is the realm, not the game (if you believe in it).

• 41 posts
    December 1, 2021 5:22 PM PST

I'll chime in.

I don't think it is a matter of patience. Patience implies you know something is coming, you are just waiting on it to happen. For example, you know Christmas is coming but it's hard to be patient for it to get here.

We don't know Pantheon is coming. We hope Pantheon is coming. 

A better question might be, do you feel the community is more/less skeptical/cynical/confident/etc. that Pantheon will launch? Frequently, when I see people comment on Pantheon's release, it is usually not from the perspective of "I'm unwilling to wait," it's from the perspective of "I'm not sure this is ever going to happen."

EDIT: Ok, I just realized I am completely wrong about the definition, lol

"able to accept or tolerate delays, problems, or suffering without becoming annoyed or anxious."

So, no, I don't think the community at large is "patient" - which is why there are so few active community members despite there being thousands of pledges.

This post was edited by Finn at December 1, 2021 5:24 PM PST
    • 200 posts
    December 2, 2021 4:26 AM PST
    You may be right Finn. I have very little doubt it’ll be released, to my mind there’s a chance it won’t but it seems small. Every time I see updates it’s very clear to me the development is still very much focused on where they want the game to be eventually, as a whole. It doesn’t have that random vibe where you know development might be in trouble. I may be wrong of course, but I agree that because I feel that way it’s far easier to just wait and see than if I were worried it may never actually happen.

• 1019 posts
    December 2, 2021 5:12 AM PST

I don't know that people are any more patient or that anyone (maybe a few) have given up hope.  I think it's more like "Are we there yet?" car trips, when you eventually figure out it's no longer useful to ask.  Or maybe kinda like when you ask your mom for a cookie before dinner,  you know she going to say no, so you just stop asking.

• 520 posts
    December 4, 2021 8:45 AM PST

Either someone is patient or he isn't - i never had tremendous urge to play this game AS SOON as possible - I want to play it when it's ready, there are plenty other titles that i can('t - becouse of lack of time) play in the meantime. On the other hand some people are loosing interest, forgetting about it or getting angry becouse they have to wait - oh well - Thats Life.

• 274 posts
    December 7, 2021 11:13 PM PST

One has only to look at another hotly anticipated crowdfunded MMO with monthly updates that is also promising an “old school” experience. I won't bother to name it, but comparing VR’s updates with theirs... VR is consistently showing improvements and progress in combat, player interaction, and core game systems. Meanwhile this other game, for the last year, has only store mounts and armor to show off. Pantheon’s VIP testers continue to show confidence after each PA, while this other game’s Alpha testers have not been allowed to test combat or dungeons, and any mention of that is suppressed.

If there is any question that VR will deliver on their promises, then people are either not paying attention, or are remaining willfully ignorant.

This post was edited by eunichron at December 7, 2021 11:13 PM PST