Forums » News and Announcements

Miss the awesome 6/3 stream?

• VR Staff
    • 167 posts
    June 4, 2021 7:57 AM PDT

Did you miss last night's epic NPC Combat Tactics stream? The team not only displayed some amazing AI, but the in-game footage unveiled new animations, a better look at the Isle of Infinite Storms, and some sweet new gear!

Check it out at www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Urv4JvKgdM

This post was edited by Roenick at June 4, 2021 7:59 AM PDT
    • 184 posts
    June 4, 2021 10:18 AM PDT

This was truly an oustandinggg update stream, probably the best as per the "Pantheon difference" and AI-esque possibilities. The possibilities of the npc AI/triggers have some super mean potential...I would love to see some mean AI in a multi target raid/group encounter using for instance: at 60% spawn 3 unkillable adds, one that looks for the fullest mana healer to start chain fearing, one that targets the lowest mana and attacks, the last one mezzes a random healer etc. Force us to put bards or various classes into cleric groups or create a reason for a battle cleric build hypothetically (or even script the AI to target wizards or casters and final build a battle mage like gandalf etc). Of course you could program anything to any mob and i imagine sort of copy paste those interactions to any mobs/zones/dispositions, which could make this a nasty world. Imagine a necro named mob mezzing the group/raid at 80% and summoning skeletal knight  minis (necro and bard class skeletons) who target the lowest MR PCs and  mass fear/Selos them haha (or underwater bard mobs who selo you and fear you since joppa said underwater play is going to be murky and hard to see in any distance lol). That would be ruthless but I want that kind of fear. Make us fully buff and be non afk as we move into any water or forest/cave for that matter. It should be like that. MMOs are plentiful and players are good these days. I can only imagine the plethora of ideas they have brewing over there. I just hope they dont take it easy on us and give us the pain. So many possibilities what an amazing video thank you.

• 184 posts
    June 4, 2021 10:22 AM PDT

With the way the AI works, it could be hard to discern what is happening to people sometimes and why without going through the logs (which provides challenge/preparation). I would love to see this couple with dispositions (imagine a Raid boss or mini bosses also having dispositions, making the entire raid different each time as well. Maybe some weeks your guild cant clear what you thought was on "farm" mode? A million ways it could play out but nonetheless, you can really only find this stuff in Pantheon as it stands : )

• 184 posts
    June 4, 2021 10:28 AM PDT

PS in addition to monthly updates on the game can we also get monthly updates on Roenick's guitar/singing trololololol

• 128 posts
    June 4, 2021 2:14 PM PDT

I think this was VR's best all time stream. I'd give it an A+, but I dropped a couple of points because Roenick forgot the helmet....

• 88 posts
    June 5, 2021 11:30 AM PDT

This was a fantastic stream, great job VR!