Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

PRoF Streamers: any of you going to do a tutorial?

• 724 posts
    March 3, 2021 10:57 AM PST
    PRoF Streamers: any of you going to do a tutorial?

Starting when full release is available or late beta, are any streamers planning on doing a 'new player' tutorial?

I expect you may find doing so a boon to early subscription numbers for the community that may be mostly unfamiliar with Pantheon.

I will be bringing a few players in with a carrot equated to buying the game and covering a few months of the subscription cost. Mostly because I know they would enjoy it and I want too spend time with them. (Being we are now physically separated by distance and this would be a nice shared experience)
    I expect to do some personal hand holding but want to point them to a video created by one of you professionals.

Another question, more for the community as a whole.
    What main areas of focus should a noobie tutorial be sure to include.
    Keyboard layout for commands?
    General movement
    Quest management
    How to engage with the lore
    Etc etc

Take care
    • 256 posts
    March 3, 2021 5:13 PM PST

I'm currently not a content creator, but I hope to be established by the time Pantheon launches. 

I have plans to cover some basic tutorial content when the time comes and may also do a more advanced tutorial series for certain content. I wouldn't be surprised if other content creators like Bazgrim, NathanNalpal, Minus, and Therek also had plans to cover some tutorial-like content when the time comes, although I am not trying to speak for them. I am sure that when the game allows more freedom in its NDA there will be a number of content creators who are producing content that is related to the new player experience including basic tutorial content.

This post was edited by FatedEmperor at March 4, 2021 4:36 PM PST
    • 83 posts
    March 5, 2021 1:39 AM PST

And, please, for the unskilled like me who have no sense of direction, perhaps some maps of the available zones ? That would be a tremendous help to be able to look at a map while trying to navigate ingame with the compass once PA resumes :-)

• 2886 posts
    March 5, 2021 5:57 AM PST

Yup, definitely. This is absolutely essential for helping make sure that a new player's experience is enjoyable. But, as you said, it's best to wait on this sort of thing until the frequent class changes settle down a bit so they don't inadvertently provide false information.

• 724 posts
    March 5, 2021 9:55 AM PST
    On the idea of maps:. Personally I enjoyed making my own little maps when I was playing EverQuest. I had graph paper and tri colored clicky pen for marks and lines, I could make my own notes upon it. I'm sure some wiki will pop up with maps, but I'll stick to my little pad of paper, I find it more enjoyable.
    • 2886 posts
    March 5, 2021 11:32 AM PST

StoneFish said: On the idea of maps:. Personally I enjoyed making my own little maps when I was playing EverQuest. I had graph paper and tri colored clicky pen for marks and lines, I could make my own notes upon it. I'm sure some wiki will pop up with maps, but I'll stick to my little pad of paper, I find it more enjoyable.

Interestingly enough, before our gameplay session, Therek drew up a map of Fortress DeViare on graph paper just based on what he saw in the Cohh stream. It helped us get around and know which areas still needed to be explored: https://twitter.com/PantheonTherek/status/1367847615874875395?s=20

• 83 posts
    March 6, 2021 1:09 AM PST

Ohh, this map is already quite precise and accurate, nice job by Therek. That's exactly what I hope to find on internet to be able to navigate, reminds me EQAtlas ; I suppose you all knew those maps if you were EQ players.