Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

When games become a job. lol

• 220 posts
    September 11, 2020 1:37 PM PDT

Ha. This is the first time I've seen this. It's so Funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjJV6WFFYpI

• 2756 posts
    September 11, 2020 5:03 PM PDT

Nekentros said:

Ha. This is the first time I've seen this. It's so Funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XjJV6WFFYpI

Funny, but frighteningly familiar and not in a good way. *shudder*

• 394 posts
    September 11, 2020 5:04 PM PDT

All that planning for a raid when we all know you just need more dots.

• 9115 posts
    September 11, 2020 5:08 PM PDT

Moved to Off-Topic as this isn't Pantheon related. Please be mindful of where you post in future to avoid being moderated or having your post removed without warning.

• 2756 posts
    September 11, 2020 5:11 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Moved to Off-Topic as this isn't Pantheon related. Please be mindful of where you post in future to avoid being moderated or having your post removed without warning.

Hehe. Is it Pantheon related, if we comment "please please please don't make it so Pantheon requires super-intense uber-guilds in order to do any raids"? ;^)

• 23 posts
    September 15, 2020 11:37 AM PDT

I love Viva La Dirt League!

Honestly wasn't expecting or couldn't remember them publishing this take, but it's certainly what I've seen in other games!

Hopefully the community raiding aspect wouldn't be that hardcore, or at least the guild I'm possibly in won't be!

• 173 posts
    December 23, 2020 6:16 AM PST

Thanks for posting that Nekentros! Funny as hell.

I've played plenty of games that later started to feel like a job, as I'm sure you all have too. It did make me think of WoW Garrisons. I ended up spending so much time doing "Garrison chores" that I had little time left to "have fun". After about 4 months I canceled my subscription.

Being a game dev has to be frustrating and challenging at times. They are trying to find that balance between the game being fun and giving us enough to do so that we are entertained and jonesing to log in the next day. That is no easy ask.