Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

competitive pve and pvp game modes

• 1921 posts
    July 18, 2020 7:48 AM PDT

stellarmind said:... being able to adjust abilities, action bar during a small prep before a match is great and shouldn't be based on gear choice or consumables i have access to. ...

How about based on class? :)
    Because a subset of all classes (as currently designed) will be able to change their action bar by leaving combat on demand..  Or would using that class ability be considered an automatic forfeit, in the arena?
    Of course, outside the arena, classes that can blow all their long cooldowns, leave combat on demand, change their hotbar, and then re-enter combat with all new abilities, (and repeat, as desired) will likely be fiends in PvP, compared to those that cannot.

• 1428 posts
    July 19, 2020 4:23 AM PDT
    i got 2 thoughts mixed up. what i meant to say is that class balancing shouldn't be dictated by gear choice or consumables.

i'm okay with being able to leave combat and adjust action bars. even changing specs or ability enhancements mid match. if there is a price to pay for it then its fine.

for example if i can preset swap an entire las bar, then have it when swapping the bar, ooc, puts the player at a 5 sec gcd. or if it has to be done completely manual then put the player on 1 sec gcd per ability swap.

player wants to change spec mid combat? make it a 10 sec cast time ooc and can be stopped as soon as they take damage, put in combat or interrupted. upon spec swap all resources are set to 0.

player wants to swap ability augments? make it 3 sec cast with the same damage stop while putting it on gcd for 3 secs, ooc of course.

the player has the option if they are willing to take the risk. the time and conditions can be adjusted, generally for pvp balancing, usually having tradeoffs is better than restricting what pvpers can do.