Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Anyone playing Project: Gorgon?

• 844 posts
    July 5, 2020 1:02 PM PDT

On sale on Steam atm. Very old school design.

I'm checking out streams on Twitch, and some past videos.

Curious for peoples take on the MMO.

• 560 posts
    July 5, 2020 5:59 PM PDT

I think an earlier post got me curious and I did look into the game. I stopped when I saw it was PVP. Not that I am complaining there needs to be PvP games out there.

This post was edited by Susurrus at July 5, 2020 6:11 PM PDT
    • 128 posts
    July 5, 2020 6:56 PM PDT

I grabbed it because of your post. Interesting little game, clearly not finished, but has some appeal.   Have not seen any PvP yet.

• 287 posts
    July 5, 2020 8:10 PM PDT

I started playing over a year ago and have been really into it in spurts. Super fun game and it defiitely does not hold your hand. It's pretty unique in a lot of mechanics and a lot of fun. It is not PvP, at least in no way that I have figured out. Definitely a game that you can sink 100's of hours into.

• 560 posts
    July 5, 2020 8:24 PM PDT

I might need to look again then and maybe I should not trust MMORPG so much in the future.It has it listed as PVP.

• 3852 posts
    July 6, 2020 7:19 AM PDT

I too have it on my "maybe one day" list. I didn't think it was pvp either.

• 844 posts
    July 6, 2020 8:24 AM PDT

There has been some people streaming it on Twitch. (and you can watch older VODs) I have not seen any pvp.

Seems like a lot of content/character building to get invested into.

• 70 posts
    July 7, 2020 1:27 AM PDT

It is not PVP, it is PVE. The looks are very old school. The GUI too. But they have a very different approach to character leveling, you can be anything you want. refreshing actually. The quests are suprisingly good/funny/mature(ahum!). I'd say the gaming aspect is fun.
    If you want to try something before Pantheon comes out. This is an interesting choice. 
    Pantheon has a very different approach to characters and grouping. It will be a different MMO than Project Gorgon.

This post was edited by Qulash at July 7, 2020 1:31 AM PDT
    • 21 posts
    July 9, 2020 6:16 AM PDT

This is the mmo i m playing for 2 years waiting for Pantheon . As it is a unity game , perhaps i will find some similar things in Pantheon :)

• 1 posts
    August 4, 2020 11:42 AM PDT

I played it for 10h or so was fun but had bad lag issues then so wating on em to be fixed before jumping in again.  Fun game

• 1921 posts
    September 4, 2020 8:46 PM PDT
    I've played it for more than 100 hours.
    Nothing really overtly wrong with the game, but currently, the developers reserve the right to wipe all progress at any time, so until that status changes, I won't be going back.

It does suffer from having very little group-required combat. There is definitely combat that is meant for groups, no question. The problem is, it's like 1% of the content in the game, instead of 99%, so grouping is extremely rare.

And then when are you are in a group, you faceroll all the group content, because it's not particularly well balanced or tuned, as.. wait for it, very little people do it. :)
    • 844 posts
    October 18, 2020 3:51 PM PDT

I have heard that they are not going to wipe again till they move out of EA.

And they will wipe items, faction, etc. But NOT wipe your skills.

And there is no date for an EA. Could be years.

• 844 posts
    October 20, 2020 9:14 AM PDT

LOL.

I logged into the free demo of Gorgon, and realized I had played it before.

7 years ago. And it hasn't changed since then. They just added more.

So that's the progress of 2 people making a Unity based MMO using what seem to be largely purchased Unity graphics to populate their world.

• 73 posts
    January 30, 2021 2:40 PM PST
    I play Project Gorgon! It’s hella old school fun