Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Who Would Win - In a Pantheon general knowledge test

• 9115 posts
    January 27, 2020 3:06 AM PST

Who Would Win - In a Pantheon general knowledge test, you or your friend/partner/another community member? Bragging rights are on the line here! #MMORPG #CommunityMatters

• 1315 posts
    January 27, 2020 4:25 AM PST

Everyone is even as the game is still in Pre-Alpha.  Everything released, hinted, streamed or alluded to is all subject to change before, after or during development.

• 438 posts
    January 27, 2020 5:19 AM PST
    My money is on Bazgrim. Just saying.
    • 947 posts
    January 27, 2020 5:22 AM PST

Mordecai said: My money is on Bazgrim. Just saying.

-- not impressed emoji face here --

Maybe Joppa(?)  Just throwing that out there...

• 438 posts
    January 27, 2020 5:51 AM PST
    Ha. You’re probably right Darch, but any Dev would most likely know more.
    • 103 posts
    January 27, 2020 6:31 AM PST
    Going to have to agree with mordecai, Bazgrim is the only community member I turn to for info that I allrdy don't know.
    • 3237 posts
    January 27, 2020 6:41 AM PST

"One of the great challenges of this world ... is knowing enough about a subject to 'think' you're right, but not enough about the subject to know you're wrong."  --  Neil deGrasse Tyson

Very much looking forward to the upcoming Developer Round Table!

• 627 posts
    January 27, 2020 7:36 AM PST
    Mr. Chris Joppa Perkins id assume
    • 2138 posts
    January 27, 2020 8:27 AM PST

So general knowledge, I take that to mean- not developer specifics (otherwise I would say Zoeii :D )- but rather game tenants and how the game milieu will impact the player side:

Two community members: Raidan and Calendor (and Jason if he ever pokes his head back in)

From a Game side perspective? Hands down Yarlina and all involved in Voices of Terminus.

From anInterface between RL, Game and community? I'd say Bazgrim TV. 

• 1281 posts
    January 27, 2020 10:15 AM PST

I think I would do pretty good. Been following the game since Brad dropped the picture of the motorcycle kickstarter on his Twitter.

• 1278 posts
    January 27, 2020 11:40 AM PST

I'm just gonna go ahead and say Ranarius.  

• 287 posts
    January 27, 2020 11:49 AM PST

I love that there is a lot I still don't know about Pantheon, which is why I love perusing through these message board threads.

• 1247 posts
    January 27, 2020 2:28 PM PST

Easily... CHRIS JOPPA PERKINS!!! <3

• 2419 posts
    January 27, 2020 2:56 PM PST

Can we change the question to be "In a general gameplay test, who actually plays it better?"

• 1278 posts
    January 27, 2020 3:10 PM PST

Vandraad said:

Can we change the question to be "In a general gameplay test, who actually plays it better?"

A different question for a different day.  

• 261 posts
    January 27, 2020 3:54 PM PST

Not me anyway. I don't want to know everything about the game before it comes out, otherwise it will be a lot less fun exploring and working things out.

I knew nothing of EQ when it first came out, didn't know it existed until a friend showed me. It was fun learing and exploring the world, although the CR were a bit hard to take when trying to figure things out like being KOS to guards or cities initially, but soon learnt to make sure I had a SOW on when approaching a new area :)

• 220 posts
    January 27, 2020 5:45 PM PST

retire people and streamers.

• 999 posts
    January 27, 2020 7:04 PM PST

Trick question - shouldn’t it be Kilsin?

And I appreciate the shout out Manouk - I’d wager you’d do well on the general knowledge test also - we’ve both been here over half a decade haha

This post was edited by Raidan at January 27, 2020 7:05 PM PST
    • 557 posts
    January 27, 2020 8:20 PM PST

I like AbsoluteTerror's answer:  Retired people and streamers.    

I'm in that first group, but I don't know about my PQ compared to some of the others.  I've been away from the forum more than I've been on in the past 5 years.

I'd have to say Baz has done a great job of keeping in there on a day to day basis better than anyone in the community.  He's probably had more face time with the devs at conferences than most.

However, I think some up and comers like Therek have done a great job of digging deep into the lore and the realm.   This community has some great members who are deep in the Pantheon mojo.

• 557 posts
    January 27, 2020 8:49 PM PST

Oh and regarding Kilsin, he would be very high on my list if it weren't for the fact that he's been moderating these forums for five years and that would reduce any reasonable adult to tears and/or madness.  

VR needs to double whatever they pay the poor man.

• 144 posts
    January 29, 2020 9:04 AM PST

Bazgrim. Hands down. 

All my money on that lil nerd! Whose collecting? 

• 363 posts
    January 29, 2020 11:47 AM PST

Assuming we're talking people whom are not affiliated with VR, I'd say Baz for sure.. Don't challenge him, you don't want that smoke.

• 768 posts
    January 30, 2020 2:53 AM PST

GoofyWarriorGuyoneADsevenbigdogchrisRaidanVandraad 

One of those I think. 

There are a lot of dots to connect to maintain an thorough overview of what we know of the game so far. 

Streamers/content creators will highlight certain elements, but to really connect and bring forth insights from that Pantheonknowledge, it would seem to me, that it would be one of those five.

This post was edited by Barin999 at January 30, 2020 2:53 AM PST
    • 1278 posts
    January 30, 2020 6:53 AM PST

I change my answer to "someone who doesn't even post on these boards."  For each person that posts here there are probably 10-20 that know more about this game that don't post here.  I'm sure ONE of them has everything ever written/streamed about this game memroized.  lol

• 520 posts
    January 30, 2020 9:19 AM PST

Only God Brad knows ...