Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Scenario - The raid boss is at 2%

• 1429 posts
    October 18, 2019 12:23 PM PDT

Kumu said:

A bard "burn down" the big bad boss mob's last 2%...surely you jest!? I could try running it about for an hour while the raid regroups, or maybe flee, then sneak back to assist in recovery. Depends on the encounter obviously, but here is a better plan:

1) compose an ode to the boss, lightning quick, covering its heroic demolishing of our brutal invasion

2) entertain the target du jour with a rousing rendition of my new masterpiece, pointing to the piles of our corpses each chorus

3) get squashed like a bug at the coda

(copy and edited for flavour)

Oh, there once was a bard named humu the tall,
    Who came riding to kingsreach from big old reignfall

(pause)

And the musician did swagger and brandish his lute,
    As he sung of bold battles and brushed off his suit.

(longer pause)

But then he went quiet, did humu the tall,
    When he met the raid boss gubuu the blob, who toot;

(shorter pause)

"Oh, you sing and you run and you dirty my dungeon,
    Now I think it's high time that you die now just for fun!"

(pause)

And so then came splashing and bashing of melee,
    As the raid baws gubuu charged in, full of glee.

(pause)

And the musician named kumu sung no more-
    When his skeleton clunked down on the floor!

(disclaimer:  satire in regards to raid bosses.  i only wish death upon griefing pvpers as this is a subjective approach and perspective that can change over time.)

This post was edited by NoJuiceViscosity at October 18, 2019 12:25 PM PDT
    • 2138 posts
    October 18, 2019 11:43 PM PDT

This is kind of Like the Monty Hall / Lets make a deal/ door number three scenario, but limited to 2 choices.

1. die, regroup and start over

2. Win, Rez up, divvy loots.

if you die trying, you still end up in decision 1 so nothing lost nothing gained, the perceived outcome remains the same. But if you try and suceed, the perceived outcome is pleasantly changed to the anticipated outcome and you end up in decision 2. 

• 1247 posts
    October 19, 2019 6:52 AM PDT

Kittik said:

If a single person can burn 2% off a raid boss, that's a weak ass raid boss.

This. Definitely this. 

• October 21, 2019 9:50 AM PDT
    Imagine if you actually had the chance of surviving the last 2% by sacrificing something valuable to your god for a boon? Say you turn into a ghost until you complete a epic quest, or maybe a demon (or GM) shows up and eats all of your gear, or maybe you lose 10% of your levels or maybe a combination of the above. If you lose, and it was all in vain, then it's still a good story to tell, if you win? Well, that's a great story to tell.
    • 768 posts
    October 21, 2019 11:17 PM PDT

I'd have to support Kittik's reply there. Not a single player should be able to chip off 2% on its own with all other raidbuffs gone. 

I get so frustrated with players trying to solo kill a raidboss. Just take the darn whipe and stop wasting everyones time!! 

On the other hand, I'll try to recover as much and as good as possible up to a certain point. (That's just my healing/bard nature coming through.)

But I'll take the whipe if I'm standing there alone. 

• 228 posts
    October 22, 2019 6:02 AM PDT

I'll try to negotiate a draw...

• 793 posts
    October 22, 2019 11:25 AM PDT

I keep swing while yelling into voice chat "Throw More DoTs, more DoTs, more DoTs".

/looks around to see everyone else is dead

Screams "50 DKP MINUS!!!!"