Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Where do you fall?

• 1019 posts
    October 16, 2019 8:18 AM PDT

Levels of effert and dedication put in.  Should be fairly simple to allign yourself with a catagory.  

Min/Maxer  - Everything they can do to tweet their character.  Addon's, datasheets, and all the extra effort to get their gear just right.  Including traning dummy sessions to get their dps layout perfected.

Maxer - Works hard to find the next group to get gooder gear.  Will download an additional addon if it's not too confusing.  Will do a training dummy session a couple of times after getting a few new pieces of gear.

Dedicated Raider - Will always be ready for raids and will download the required addon's.  Will take advice from Min/Maxer.  Will do training dummy once or twice.

Raider - Will be mostly ready for raids.  Addons if they are required and someone walks them though doing it.  Wants the best gear, and will do some extra work for it.

Group Hero - Will have the easiest/most common addon.  Know's every dungeon and the best and quickest way through them.  Tells peolple how to spec their class.

LFG - Wants to get the best gear but have everyone else do most of the work and hopes for the lucky /ran 100.  Will stop and examine people and ask them where they got their gear.  Will run to the training dummy after each new piece of gear.

Adventurer - Fishing is maxed out.  Enjoys running around and just playing.  Will tell the Group Hero "Awesome! Thanks" after receiving unsolicited "advice".  While in a group, "casually" out dps's everyone and just giggles about it.

Noob - Asks for help on their third character rebuild.  Often seen listening intently to Group Hero.  Wants to know how to fish.  Wants to know where to find trainer.  Wants you to know they've been playing MMO's for 18 years.

Twink - Dedicated Raiders alt or friend.  Plays the class horribly but has good numbers thanks to OP gear.  Always found at or near the training dummy and will always "accidentally" /ooc [combat parse]

This post was edited by Kittik at October 16, 2019 8:19 AM PDT
    • 2419 posts
    October 16, 2019 8:31 AM PDT

Kittik said:

Levels of effert and dedication put in.  Should be fairly simple to allign yourself with a catagory.  

Min/Maxer  - Everything they can do to tweet their character.  Addon's, datasheets, and all the extra effort to get their gear just right.  Including traning dummy sessions to get their dps layout perfected.

Dedicated Raider - Will always be ready for raids and will download the required addon's.  Will take advice from Min/Maxer.  Will do training dummy once or twice.

These two.

• 520 posts
    October 16, 2019 9:21 AM PDT

Min/Maxer AND a Group Hero!

PS: When you ask others, you should also state Your alignment Mister! ;)

This post was edited by Hegenox at October 16, 2019 9:25 AM PDT
    • 1428 posts
    October 16, 2019 9:23 AM PDT

there's no option for hardcore bloodthirsty pvp exploration savage

i would say adventurer, but i've taken an arrow to the knee.

• 1019 posts
    October 16, 2019 9:25 AM PDT

I'm a Raider on my main and the Twink on my alts...lol.

Kittik said:

Raider - Will be mostly ready for raids.  Addons if they are required and someone walks them though doing it.  Wants the best gear, and will do some extra work for it.

Twink - Dedicated Raiders alt or friend.  Plays the class horribly but has good numbers thanks to OP gear.  Always found at or near the training dummy and will always "accidentally" /ooc [combat parse]

• October 16, 2019 9:45 AM PDT
    This is satire, right?
    • 145 posts
    October 16, 2019 5:31 PM PDT

adventurer and altaholic

• 624 posts
    October 16, 2019 8:16 PM PDT

Where is the entertainer choice? You know, that bard that makes the group look good, while looking good, and making sure everyone has a good time.

I've been all of your choices over the past twenty years, but now I prefer to relax a bit and have fun with family / friends. I will cheer when others claim server firsts, but I seek a slower pace these days.

• 1584 posts
    October 17, 2019 12:07 AM PDT
    Min/maxer, but you don't need a ton of add-ons to be one lol.
    • 2756 posts
    October 17, 2019 6:03 AM PDT

I'm getting the feeling that you may have a slight bias toward the kind of player that uses add-ons and is at least a little 'hardcore'...  Sorry, I'm not finding it simple to align myself with any of those.  Maybe you meant this ironically/satirically?

Maxer - Works hard to find the next group to get gooder gear.  Will download an additional addon if it's not too confusing.  Will do a training dummy session a couple of times after getting a few new pieces of gear.

Dislike add-ons for several reasons. I do make some effort to optimise, but not to the detriment of other aspects of the game and generally having fun.

I'm not obsessed with gear, but am happy to raid as they can be some of the most challenging and interesting content.  Still no add-ons though.  If a guild demands I use them I don't go with them.

Group Hero - Will have the easiest/most common addon.  Know's every dungeon and the best and quickest way through them.  Tells peolple how to spec their class.

I'm happy to lead and happy to learn a dungeon, but even when showing people around I like to take my time and have fun.  I'm happy to give advice, but wouldn't tell people how to spec their class.  Still no add-ons.

LFG - Wants to get the best gear but have everyone else do most of the work and hopes for the lucky /ran 100.  Will stop and examine people and ask them where they got their gear.  Will run to the training dummy after each new piece of gear.

I'm happy to be a follower if someone else knows what they are doing or even if they just want to try, but it's not all about the gear.  Don't think I've ever worried about using a training dummy, except to make sure something is working as expected.

Adventurer - Fishing is maxed out.  Enjoys running around and just playing.  Will tell the Group Hero "Awesome! Thanks" after receiving unsolicited "advice".  While in a group, "casually" out dps's everyone and just giggles about it.

I will eventually max out everything, not just fishing, but it might take me an age.  I try to be polite, but wouldn't be sychophantic to a 'group hero'.  I may well out-DPS folks, but I wouldn't know or care as long as I'm doing my job and having fun.

Noob - Asks for help on their third character rebuild.  Often seen listening intently to Group Hero.  Wants to know how to fish.  Wants to know where to find trainer.  Wants you to know they've been playing MMO's for 18 years.

I listen and learn from anyone who knows more.  Not sure how that makes you a 'noob'.  No one is born knowing stuff, especially a new game.  I doubt someone who has played MMORPGs for 18 years would also be the type to be constantly asking for help.

I'm not a fan of twinking (or powerleveling) at all.  Might do a little of it with my own alts, but don't have much time for twinks that ruin balance and/or don't know how to play because they've PLed.

How about: -

Average RPGer - Enjoys playing pretty much all aspects of the game, but doesn't obsess over any particular one.  Doesn't care if competitive players 'beat' them since it has no effect on their game.  Prefers having fun playing with friends who are also average rather than having stress playing with players who are stressed about performance/gear/status/anything/everything.  Doesn't really role-play but enjoys the lore and being in character.  Doesn't bother with add-ons because the game is more fun and challenging without them.  Likes to see new things, but happy to camp out to get to know somewhere well.  Sometimes just wanders about exploring.  Sometimes camps for many hours straight.  Sometimes just logs in for a few minutes.  Sometimes raids.  Sometimes crafts.  Mostly just groups up for fun.

• 500 posts
    October 17, 2019 6:04 AM PDT

Adventurer these days.  Have done the raid and min/max playstyles in the past, but I'm retired now... don't need a new full time job. :)

• 368 posts
    October 17, 2019 6:22 AM PDT

disposalist said:

Average RPGer - Enjoys playing pretty much all aspects of the game, but doesn't obsess over any particular one.  Doesn't care if competitive players 'beat' them since it has no effect on their game.  Prefers having fun playing with friends who are also average rather than having stress playing with players who are stressed about performance/gear/status/anything/everything.  Doesn't really role-play but enjoys the lore and being in character.  Doesn't bother with add-ons because the game is more fun and challenging without them.  Likes to see new things, but happy to camp out to get to know somewhere well.  Sometimes just wanders about exploring.  Sometimes camps for many hours straight.  Sometimes just logs in for a few minutes.  Sometimes raids.  Sometimes crafts.  Mostly just groups up for fun.

This

• 724 posts
    October 17, 2019 6:37 AM PDT
    Adventurer and general player without any cause to worry or stress about stats. Flexible and will refit or Respec as needed depending on group desires.
    My life is organized enough, that I want to just follow my nose and welcome the random chaos in a fantasy world.
    • 1019 posts
    October 17, 2019 7:30 AM PDT

disposalist said:

RAGE

Easy there killer.  It was just for fun.  None of them are supposed to be taken as a literal assignment of someones personality. 

• 223 posts
    October 17, 2019 8:08 AM PDT

I would have to say adventurer, but I dabble in all aspects the game throws out, I love raids so therefore the min/max is important so an overall rounded adventurer fits me. You also forgot to add roleplayer's to the list.

• 696 posts
    October 17, 2019 9:20 AM PDT

Those 3 pretty much.

• 888 posts
    October 17, 2019 10:05 AM PDT

Me:

Social Team Adventurer - Enjoys doing all content while teamed and has zero interest in soloing. Good to have on a team and very tactically proficient, but not interested in grinding in order to have the best loot. Would rather have a fun team than a twinked team and not interested in steamrolling content. Gear is usually sufficient but rarely top notch. Prefers interesting / novel builds over FOTM builds.

This post was edited by Counterfleche at October 17, 2019 10:15 AM PDT
    • 2756 posts
    October 17, 2019 2:00 PM PDT

Kittik said:

disposalist said:

RAGE

Easy there killer.  It was just for fun.  None of them are supposed to be taken as a literal assignment of someones personality. 

Erm. Wasn't intended as RAGE. As I observed "Maybe you meant this ironically/satirically?"

Maybe I was just disappointed I didn't fit in ;^)

I admit I do sometimes get irked when people imply you aren't a 'good' gamer unless you have all the add-ons and have a drive to win attitude like a grand prix racer!

I did intend my responses to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek - I guess it came off ANGRY hehe

This post was edited by disposalist at October 17, 2019 2:02 PM PDT
    • 1428 posts
    October 17, 2019 2:36 PM PDT

disposalist said:

Erm. Wasn't intended as RAGE. As I observed "Maybe you meant this ironically/satirically?"

I admit I do sometimes get irked when people imply you aren't a 'good' gamer unless you have all the add-ons and have a drive to win attitude like a grand prix racer!

I did intend my responses to be somewhat tongue-in-cheek - I guess it came off ANGRY hehe

don't worry disposalist, i don't fit in either -_-  want to go out for a cup of tea and comtemplate the mysteries of life?  taking an arrow in the knee changes one's perspective of life.  want to be a guardsman?

• 1785 posts
    October 17, 2019 4:30 PM PDT

Wow, it's clear that list was written for, well, WoW.

I'll play though.  Of those definitions, and in *that* context, I tend to be the "adventurer" more often than not.

• 68 posts
    October 17, 2019 5:41 PM PDT

I tend to play Min/Maxer with Dedicated Raider addered in.

• 168 posts
    October 17, 2019 6:21 PM PDT

This is actually kind of a funny post... because i dont think any of them are a viable option in this game.

Here is where I fit in.

The Pantheon:
    Enjoy pushing your limits and not sticking with the 'safe' route.  You tend towards harder risks because you, for some unproven reason, think the reward is much better!  You also love dying, a lot!!  Death brings life to the game and reminds you how real the risk is.  Death doesn't stop or anger you, it can only makes you pause for a moment to rethink that strategy.  You love the excitement of finding an upgrade and think you deserve it just as much as the next guy and have no problem tossing in your dice for it!  You are enthusiastic for quests, in the beginning, but they quickly get put on the back burner because... Group LF HEALER/TANK/DPS/ANYTHING!!!  You thrive on camaraderie and feel completely satified when the group doesn't end at the first wipe.  You voted yes for fishing raids....

• 1019 posts
    October 18, 2019 6:41 AM PDT

Nephele said:

I'll play though.  Of those definitions, and in *that* context, I tend to be the "adventurer" more often than not.

EQ2, but since that and WoW are basically the same game....sure.

• 1785 posts
    October 18, 2019 6:49 AM PDT

Kittik said:

Nephele said:

EQ2, but since that and WoW are basically the same game....sure.

Really?  I'm glad I quit playing EQ2 before addons became a thing.

• 2756 posts
    October 18, 2019 7:03 AM PDT

stellarmind said:

disposalist said:

don't worry disposalist, i don't fit in either -_-  want to go out for a cup of tea and comtemplate the mysteries of life?  taking an arrow in the knee changes one's perspective of life.  want to be a guardsman?

You but you don't fit in *anywhere*!  I feel positively accepted compared to you!  Taken an arrow in the knee?  You sure it wasn't the ear?!

(*hug* I'm just joking!  But you are nuts...  In a good way!...  I think...)

P.S.  I do not want to be a guardsman.  Their medical cover is terrible.