Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

I got my tee-shirt, and...

• 724 posts
    October 11, 2019 5:29 AM PDT
    Haha, the screen printing is off center by about an inch.
    IT'S A PRE-ALPHA TEE-SHIRT, WOOHOO.
    just as the game is in development, so too is my shirt, I feel as if all is right in the universe. This made me smile today and I feel better as I too have lots of experience making a go at something, completing the main task, stepping back for a wide view and realized that I had to go and make a correction.

Love it.
    • 200 posts
    October 11, 2019 6:00 AM PDT
    Is the t shirt printing company also in pre alpha?

I like your positivity btw!
    • 724 posts
    October 11, 2019 6:29 AM PDT
    Ha, maybe it is in pre -alpha. Lol

It did include a discount set. One for me and two for friends/new customers.
    Because I live in a small isolated community I have no gamer friends of the PC caliber, so here they are, go grab a coffee mug that may break and scald you. Exciting!

S23UZL0
    SJNDABE

Expires Halloween 2019 can only be used on the 5 least expensive items. (Clearly a little operation)
    Have a great day.
    • 2138 posts
    October 11, 2019 7:05 AM PDT

Ooh! you got a pre-nerf shirt!

• 3852 posts
    October 11, 2019 7:24 AM PDT

For those that don't look there - a topic discussed in some detail in the announcements section of these forums. 

Pre-alpha Tee shirt - well put.

• 223 posts
    October 12, 2019 7:14 PM PDT

Its a collectors item :)

• 346 posts
    October 12, 2019 8:25 PM PDT

The one bright side I see to this is that the Marketing/PR department feels like it's running at 5:95 in terms of Manhours and capital in comparison to the development side. The fact it's not closer to 50:50 like some early access or opened development/crowd-funded projects who spend much of that time creating and selling individual jpegs, is a welcome sign. If the capital matches that, then that's both good for development and explains a bit as to why the Pledge system and Merch store have been heavily (and deservedly) criticized. The issue with early development processes who place too much emphasis on marketing this early on, it then becomes less about the overall game and more about developing individual objects to sell for profit to push feature creep into the unforeseeable future.

Closing the Merch store for a redesign and to search for more reputable vendors/manufacturers was a smart choice, but the mistake should have never been made in the first place. However, reading another comment on this issue, and from hearing in the past as well from a few friends and my own Sister who works Marketing for Amazon, this issue happens to everyone, even Amazon.

fazool said:Don't feel bad.  Seriously.   My company is a large ~$400M manufacturing company and we had a merchanidise store, as well.  We went through 3 (or was it 4?) different providers becuase of quality, ddelivery, selection issues.   It's a difficult process to get a good merch store going.

I guess collect the pre-nerf merchandise and sell for profit in 20 years when Project Pantheon 2022 EMU roles around with their first Blue server.